The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

One of the funnest matches I've ever watched.  A 90 yard gallop, 5 minutes into added time, to score the winner in front of the travelling fans at Upton Park.  Not the sharpest goal but on the whole one of the most memorable.  Should mention also one of the best performances by a player that I've ever seen in Dimitar Berbatov that day.  Wonderful match.

14 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

This one? He had a nice free kick goal against Jamaica in 2014 as well.

Great goal but is that not the most annoying and grating announcer ever? And his voice actually gets worse when there is a goal. If you were watching that on tv you would hope for all 0-0 games! :-)

9 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

Great goal but is that not the most annoying and grating announcer ever? And his voice actually gets worse when there is a goal. If you were watching that on tv you would hope for all 0-0 games! ?

I think he’s the same announcer from mighty ducks 3 ?

In terms of premier league goals you have to include Edgar’s against Manchester United... home debut for the club he grew up at, playing out of position as a 19 year old marking a guy named Cristiano Ronaldo and scores the improbable tying goal with a fortunate deflection from distance.

Stalteri and Edgar.. both sloppy but huge goals. 

Hoiletts last weekend is definitely the prettiest and could be most crucial if Cardiff can stay up.

Got to watch him live for the first time in a long while last night.  Smarter and more "professional" than I remember him.  Makes some very good runs off the ball and knows how to draw a foul these days. Got beat defensively a couple times, not sure if he is slowing down or just switched off.  

Overall though a mature attacker and a lot the threat Cardiff posed when were labouring in the first half, he had a part in (including the penalty of course). Great to have someone in the national side that will have to learn to show some steel in the face of a relegation battle, against very good opposition. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, gator said:

That's what I expected from him at QPR when they signed him from Blackburn, I can't recall one goal like that in all his time at the club, he hit the bar a few times and keepers made miraculous saves but no wonder strikes like we expected!

He scored at least a couple for QPR but in the championship.. I think one was posted here earlier.

25 minutes ago, Keegan said:

He scored at least a couple for QPR but in the championship.. I think one was posted here earlier.

I didn't see a lot of QPR's matches in his one season in the Championship, I did however see him hit a poor cross into the box which deflected to Bobby Zamora for an unlikely injury time winner at Wembley and it happened right in front of @dsqpr and myself, one of the best live football moments for me ever!

• 2 weeks later...

Really big late win for his side yesterday.  Subbed in the 84th but had some good contribution, draws a fair number of fouls which helps with Colin's style.  Hopefully this professionalism will help us see out some away results in Central American in the future.

On their way to proving we wrong and staying up.  Only half way there but won't be going down with the Christmas decorations at least.

• 2 months later...