The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

• 3 weeks later...

Tonight on FAN590 some dude named carmen said the junior wants to play for Canada but people in front of him (agents, father etc) is trying to find out where he can get more money. Basically its down to Jamaica and Canada and its down to the $$. Lets get Umbro do some ads with him.

I am a rovers fan and last year a journalist ask him about seeing Canadian flags in the stands and he said it made him extremely happy to see those flags, he looked genuinely happy to see the the maple leaf

Side-note

Also he sounded unconvinced about Ashtone Morgans decision he said "don't get me started on Ashtone"

Dino rossi was on i think, i believe he is VPrj on this forum. Maybe he can answer some questions about this.

P.S who is Carmen?? dude seemed like he had connections within the canadian soccer community

guys name is Carmen Isacco

Morgan said he was committed to Canada in a recent article in some Jamaican newspaper

I spoke again with one of his family members today and he confirms this! The family find it somewhat amusing that these stories come up since Ashtone has lived here all his life and has committed to Canada!

I second that ^^^ Secure the group then sprinkle in some prospects not only to cap tie them but gain the experience... Thats not saying to filp the line-up to include all new young prospects but slot some in here and there with some regulars. Give them a 20 minute run out in a otherwise meaningless game. Qualifying is a long process and it would hurt for us to add some experience in our depth if god forbid one of our go-to's goes down to an injury.

Exactly, jrue and villus!

But, for me Edgar did very well at RB and must be seen there as the favourite. Especially if playing regularly at Championship even if it's at CB there. I'd like to see Straith (again) or Gage given chances there as well.

I'd like to bring the thread back to what Tuscan is talking about. I'm not sure how much weight our opinion would have with an Umbro or Adidas rep (hey, maybe we could talk to that business that did commercials with Danny Dichio - erm, never mind that bit).

What do we know about the family? Are they trying to steer Jr. towards their homeland of Jamaica? I'm reminded of a good friend of mine who is Haitian-Canadian (born here), and one of the bitterest arguments we've had was whether he would suit up for Canada or Haiti. He said Haiti. Man, he was not prepared for all the **********/deGuzman/Begovic hate I unloaded on him. But he was adamant that he felt more Haitian than Canadian, and you know what? You can't convince someone that the way they're feeling is wrong.

Having said that, I completely agree with Tuscan that a Voyageurs show of support would be a great nudge in the right direction. The question is execution. How do we tug at his heartstrings? That's the key (other than sponsorship money, which I don't think we can influence).

Sorry for the scatterbrained thoughts, don't know if I actually moved the conversation forward at all.

Originally I was thinking somewhat smaller, along the lines of simply having a letter written on behalf of all of us stating that we want him in Canada Red. Others have lied to our media in the past, most notably Bunbury, so we can't ask for an interview. We have limited ability to do much, but damnit we have to do something. I mean, just sitting back and doing nothing is just that - doing nothing. Can't someone go to a Blackburn match and try to hand him a Canadian flag at the end of the match, just to see his reaction? Can't we convince Simeon to do something on our behalf when Norwich play Blackburn? Can someone pay off the FA to make sure he never gets the England call and gets told that he won't? Ok that last one is bs but still, any ideas, fresh ones preferably?

Originally I was thinking somewhat smaller, along the lines of simply having a letter written on behalf of all of us stating that we want him in Canada Red.

This is not a terrible idea. It's simple, straight-forward, and easy to accomplish. Whether or not it would have any effect is a different story and out of our hands. But a simple letter offering a bunch of reasons why he should wear Red (not begging him to play) that's signed by us V's could help sway him.