The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

Population of Jamaica: 2,847,232

Population of Canada: 34,742,000

Jamaican per capita GDP: $8,727

Canadian per capita GDP: $40,457

Am I missing something here? I think it is pretty clear "where the money is."

Totally agree with you. But It is less about the realities and more about the Perception. your comment is on a Canadian Soccer forum yet your avatar is a hockey Player- No offence ment by the way, have whatever avatar you like, I'm currently thinking of changing to a seagull.

Totally agree with you. But It is less about the realities and more about the Perception. your comment is on a Canadian Soccer forum yet your avatar is a hockey Player- No offence ment by the way, have whatever avatar you like, I'm currently thinking of changing to a seagull.

Well, for what it's worth, my avatars on HF Boards and various Canuck boards are all related to Canadian soccer!

I'm all about cross-sport love :)

There is a good chance that he will be signed by Bayern in the off-season. They can pick him up for under $1M Euros (they have to compensate Blackburn for years of youth training).

His father was evidently meeting in Munich recently.

He was close to signing with Hamburger SV after his FC St Pauli loan spell but that fell thru. Quite comfortable for the family to all be in Germany.

Edited by Ed

There is a good chance that he will be signed by Bayern in the off-season. They can pick him up for under $1M Euros (they have to compensate Blackburn for years of youth training).

His father was evidently meeting in Munich recently.

He was close to signing with Hamburger SV after his FC St Pauli loan spell but that fell thru. Quite comfortable for the family to all be in Germany.

Hey Ed, do you think he is more inclined to play for Canada if he indeed signs for Bayern Munich in the summer? Clearly that would rule England out. Would being Jamaica have any (slight as it may be) advantage over Canada for his image? And If so would it even matter if he signs with such a massive club? I assumed his dad pushed the Jamaican thing in order to get Junior every advantage possible. But does he need this imagine boost (debatable in my opinion) if he is already signed to such a massive club?

I get the feeling that if Junior had it his way he would play for Canada with England out of the picture.

I would say that a move to Germany would enhance our chances but I don't really have a good feel for it yet. He seems more concerned about his pro career than ANY national team obligation. I wouldn't expect any news at all from him regarding Canada until his pro career gets settled (which will happen sometime this summer or before).

Nothing we haven't heard, he didn't say there was a good chance for David just for Jono

Actually he did say there was a good chance that two young Canadian superstars Jono and Junior might be playing for

Canada. So this is actually a first for hearing that there is a good chance for Hoilett, not so much new news on JDG2

however.

Actually he did say there was a good chance that two young Canadian superstars Jono and Junior might be playing for

Canada. So this is actually a first for hearing that there is a good chance for Hoilett, not so much new news on JDG2

however.

The guy on that video did, yes. But if you look at the thread about the media call where these comments are taken from he never actually said Hoilett was a good chance, all he said was that nothing has really changed on Hoilett's part.

I would say that a move to Germany would enhance our chances but I don't really have a good feel for it yet. He seems more concerned about his pro career than ANY national team obligation. I wouldn't expect any news at all from him regarding Canada until his pro career gets settled (which will happen sometime this summer or before).

Agree, but it could take alot longer if we don't make the Hex. I doubt he would give up his National Team options with a 6 year wait for a World Cup. If we bow out, pray Jamaica does as well.

The guy on that video did, yes. But if you look at the thread about the media call where these comments are taken from he never actually said Hoilett was a good chance, all he said was that nothing has really changed on Hoilett's part.

ah, ok, fair enough, I kinda figured this reporter didn't have things inline anyways. Just figured I would post it.

Whilst I agree with you, the Jamma's could easily counter with.

"Junior, Why you Play for a country who don't really care about socca, an who show you no respect because you don't knock a rubber plug around the Ice.

Come play for Jamaica where, if you get us to the world cup you'll never have to buy a beer ever again!.

Also you can retire to a nice house by the beach an' not have too worry about none of them immigration stuff, cause you got your citizan-ship when you become a SOCCA WARRIOR!"

Got to admit ...its tempting.

LMFAO - best laugh I've had in years....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

His agent has at the game today (Armenia v Canada) he spoke to Gavin Day (rednationonline/freelance journalist)

These are his tweets

Gavin Day ‏ @gavinlday

Junior Hoilett's agent was at the game today. Also agent for Sam Piette. Says Hoilett's had some interest from Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs.

Gavin Day ‏ @gavinlday Close

He says Hoilett wants to play for Canada but father is rather insistent he play for Jamaica... #canMNT

https://twitter.com/#!/gavinlday