The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

32 minutes ago, grigorio said:

Guess this explains Junior’s vax situation… what a shame. 
https://extra.ie/2021/10/01/sport/soccernews/premier-league-unvaccinated

Does it mention his name? No, it doesn't, not that it even matters.  The real shame is people sticking their noses in other peoples business. Ones personal health choices should be left private, end of discussion.  I don't care what you chose to do with your body, but I do care when people assume they are somehow entitled to judge you and control you. I say this as someone who supports vaccination for those who want it. I fully support Hoilett whatever he has chosen. 

And @SpursFlu Are you kidding me man? Who the hell says crap like that? No wonder society is so divided ffs. Punish people who pay taxes (way more then you btw) because they have different ideas about covid? These are the most fit people on earth, many of whom have already had covid and developed antibodies, or have personal and religious/health beliefs of their own.  Do you actually think you know everyone's personal situations? Lets just make blanket statements to punish the dissidents? Let me guess, you see positives in a CCP style social credit system, don't you?

Some of us on here actually lived through authoritarianism, so be careful what you wish for. I immigrated to Canada to escape this type crap. Its called communism. You have no idea how this stuff begins, but ill tell you. It begins with comments like yours about refusing medical treatment to those who are unvaccinated. Then with the support of media people start turning on freinds,family and neighbours. Freedom shouldn't be taken for granted bro, you are very lucky you have free speech and a choice...for now.

Junior Hoilett is the man, great goal today. We are lucky to have him no matter what

12 minutes ago, bwilly11 said:

Does it mention his name? No, it doesn't, not that it even matters.  The real shame is people sticking their noses in other peoples business. Ones personal health choices should be left private, end of discussion.  I don't care what you chose to do with your body, but I do care when people assume they are somehow entitled to judge you and control you. I say this as someone who supports vaccination for those who want it. I fully support Hoilett whatever he has chosen. 

And @SpursFlu Are you kidding me man? Who the hell says crap like that? No wonder society is so divided ffs. Punish people who pay taxes (way more then you btw) because they have different ideas about covid? These are the most fit people on earth, many of whom have already had covid and developed antibodies, or have personal and religious/health beliefs of their own.  Do you actually think you know everyone's personal situations? Lets just make blanket statements to punish the dissidents? Let me guess, you see positives in a CCP style social credit system, don't you?

Some of us on here actually lived through authoritarianism, so be careful what you wish for. I immigrated to Canada to escape this type crap. Its called communism. You have no idea how this stuff begins, but ill tell you. It begins with comments like yours about refusing medical treatment to those who are unvaccinated. Then with the support of media people start turning on freinds,family and neighbours. Freedom shouldn't be taken for granted bro, you are very lucky you have free speech and a choice...for now.

Junior Hoilett is the man, great goal today. We are lucky to have him no matter what

@SpursFlu was being sarcastic. He believes the opposite and has bragged about bullying his friends who have expressed concern and fear of COVID-19.

16 minutes ago, bwilly11 said:

Lol wtf are you on about 

Anyways - I’m not making this political at all. I’m annoyed at Hoilett because he can’t be in Mexico and this might be a problem for other matches too. That’s the only reason i care.

Just now, Floortom said:

Lol wtf are you on about 

Anyways - I’m not making this political at all. I’m annoyed at Hoilett because he can’t be in Mexico and this might be a problem for other matches too. That’s the only reason i care.

You shouldn’t be annoyed at him. He didn’t make the rules and it’s his personal choice. You should be annoyed at the rules.

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I have seen some comments on Twitter about Hoiletts choice not to get vaccinated. Disappointing - It’s his body and his choice. Crazy that we live in a world where people think they have a right to openly speak about others health decisions on social media. 

Choices have consequences. It is his right to get shitfaced the night before a game, his body, his right, but it still has consequences for the team. 

14 hours ago, Floortom said:

They changed these rules last week for footballers. You don’t need to quarantine anymore if you’re fully vaccinated 

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/vaccinated-premier-league-players-can-travel-red-list-countries-bbc-2021-10-01/

Cheers, so busy planning my own trip I have been shirking my football news reading.  

I assume that the articles are meaning Football League rather than Premier League as Junior is not actually a Premier League player. 

10 hours ago, bwilly11 said:

If this was our attitude back in the 70s millions of people would still die of the smallpox and 10s of thousands of children will still be paralyzed with polio each year. Choices have consequences. He can make whatever choice he wants and if he did make those choices (we don’t have confirmation of that tbf), we are also allowed to criticize those choices, that’s the beauty of living in our country. 

And not only that, but choices have consequences for more than just the person making them. “YoU cAn’t teLL mE nOt to driVe dRunK.. I have lots of experience and I know my body best”.  

/sarcasm for those that weren’t sure. 

Getting really tired of the “don’t tell me what I can and can’t do” mantra. It’s juvenile. 

1 minute ago, shorty said:

And not only that, but choices have consequences for more than just the person making them. “YoU cAn’t teLL mE nOt to driVe dRunK.. I have lots of experience and I know my body best”.  

/sarcasm for those that weren’t sure. 

Getting really tired of the “don’t tell me what I can and can’t do” mantra. It’s juvenile. 

you shouldn’t be annoyed at me for drinking alcohol and driving drunk. I didn’t make the rules and its my personal choice. You should be annoyed at the rules. 

//end sarcasm

3 minutes ago, king1010 said:

you shouldn’t be annoyed at me for drinking alcohol and driving drunk. I didn’t make the rules and its my personal choice. You should be annoyed at the rules. 

//end sarcasm

If there was a darker, gallows humour “haha” reaction button, I would have used that. 

10 minutes ago, king1010 said:

//end sarcasm

Right.. comparing a criminal offence to someone’s vaccination choice. Beyond idiotic. 

11 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I have seen some comments on Twitter about Hoiletts choice not to get vaccinated. Disappointing - It’s his body and his choice. Crazy that we live in a world where people think they have a right to openly speak about others health decisions on social media. 

So its not ok to openly speak about others health decisions on social media, but it is ok to inform oneself on the validity of vaccines purely based on bullshit social media "research"?

No doctor, scientist or basically anyone educated in the field doubts the efficacy of vaccines, the only place you'll find the doubters are on social media and fox news.

If one is not intelligent enough to understand the benefits of a vaccine for society (not just the individual) along with how many millions of lives they've saved, then one is not intelligent enough to make their own decisions.

11 minutes ago, costarg said:

So its not ok to openly speak about others health decisions on social media, but it is ok to inform oneself on the validity of vaccines purely based on bullshit social media "research"?

No doctor, scientist or basically anyone educated in the field doubts the efficacy of vaccines, the only place you'll find the doubters are on social media and fox news.

If one is not intelligent enough to understand the benefits of a vaccine for society (not just the individual) along with how many millions of lives they've saved, then one is not intelligent enough to make their own decisions.

I’m not okay with either. I did my research and chose to get vaccinated. If he hasn’t that is his choice - and quite a few of players haven’t. So people not intelligent enough should be stripped of their decision making? That’s a can of worms.

We must accept that ultimately many people will choose not to get vaccinated, or will be unable to. That’s just reality. 

Edited by CanadaFan123

15 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Right.. comparing a criminal offence to someone’s vaccination choice. Beyond idiotic. 

And im sure in 1925 when drunk driving was criminalized in canada there were many ppl with a similar opinion…

“Right…comparing a criminal offense (like murder) to someone’s drinking and choice of transportation. Beyond idiotic” - random person in 1925

….. society evolves. 

5 minutes ago, king1010 said:

And im sure in 1925 when drunk driving was criminalized in canada there were many ppl with a similar opinion…

“Right…comparing a criminal offense (like murder) to someone’s drinking and choice of transportation. Beyond idiotic” - random person in 1925

….. society evolves. 

Except such a law would be unconstitutional. And I’m not just a Twitter lawyer.. 

Then again, I guess our constitution could change so your example is “possible”.

Edited by CanadaFan123

14 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Except such a law would be unconstitutional. And I’m not just a Twitter lawyer.. 

Then again, I guess our constitution could change so your example is “possible”.

Fair enough. Cheers. 

EDIT: I didn’t meant to insinuate non vax compliance should be criminalized, don’t think that would do society any good in addressing the issue.  

Edited by king1010

Here’s the thing:

What makes something criminal or not is not inherent to the action. A (hopefully) civil society, through its governance structures decides that an individual’s right to a particular action is trumped by its effects and consequences on society at large. Driving drunk is criminal only because we’ve already had and settled that conversation in the public sphere. We are currently debating the personal vs public, rights vs responsibilities aspects of vaccines live and ongoing. No one is necessarily suggesting that vaccines would become mandatory in the same sense that driving sober(ish) is mandatory, but we ARE having that conversation, and as a society that is within the realm of possibility. What many people are reacting to is the extreme libertarianism on the part of some, which is sadly not well-informed philosophical libertarianism, at least in my opinion. 

costarg’s frustration is completely understandable, and yet, canada123’s point is also true that we’re not going to broadly criminalize decision-making for its “intelligence”  

We will, though, continue to criminalize specific actions and we will continue to criticize poor or selfish choices in the public sphere. I seriously doubt that non-vaccination ever rises to the point that we criminalize it and that’s a good thing.   But along the way we will sure criticize the fuck out of those that don’t have really good and sound reasons to resist it other than “you can’t make me” or “everyone else is lying to you because the internet told me so”.   Our civil society depends on that.  

Edited by shorty