The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

2 hours ago, SoccMan said:

So any updates on where he will be playing his club football? Hopefully signs with someone soon before the Oct.

Not really new news but:

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-warnock-talks-triple-reunion-middlesbrough-transfers

TeamTalk are a somewhat reputable source so maybe there’s some actual legs to the rumour. If I recall correctly the original Middlesbrough rumour was just some local newspaper writer making a connection to Hoilett and Warnock. 

19 minutes ago, Tuscan said:

For the upcoming WCQs, do you guys think we'll see Jr. starting any of the three games? He's been pretty fantastic for us recently, notably in the Gold Cup.

I do, but I'd feel even more confident knowing he had a club and was training for the four weeks prior to these games.  

2 hours ago, Tuscan said:

For the upcoming WCQs, do you guys think we'll see Jr. starting any of the three games? He's been pretty fantastic for us recently, notably in the Gold Cup.

When you look at each window you see we play three games in a week. I'm sure Herdman will rotate players so yeah Jr. will play at least one game each window.

2 hours ago, Tuscan said:

I'd find it hard to believe he isn't signed in the next two weeks.

I'm also shocked he has signed. He has a professional agent, he did not play hardly at all for Cardiff the latter part of the season, but he has a strong reputation and quality that is known. There is a TUDN Mexico clip of his chip goal vs. Costa Rica that has a lot of views (not OneSoccer, because they are too obtuse to do such things). His name is out there. 

The only thing I could figure is that either he has a lot of offers to decide on, or that the money offered has seriously dropped--and both could be possible.

18 minutes ago, AvroArrow said:

It's got to be a money or location thing.  Maybe he doesn't want to leave the English leagues and views offers below x amount as insulting.

It's entirely possible Junior is enjoying his extended break and his focus is on the upcoming qualifiers.  He probably wants to make sure his body and mind is right for 3 games in September that are far more meaningful to him than a few weeks of wages.  

I have no doubt Junior will catch on to a club in the next couple of weeks.  I just want his body rested and healthy for the qualifiers.