World Cup Brazil 2014 Qualifying draw [R]

DJT

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For once things go Canada's way in soccer, what an easy draw, only one that even remotely worries me is Puerto Rico as its a difficult place to play at, thinking back to TFC's CCL match there & the Galaxy's too. Then the draw we got if/when we advance too is the best possible draw. Very confident of getting to the hex

The Second Round draw was good, obviously, but having Honduras and Panama in our Third Round group is definitely not an easy route to the hex as some people are claiming! I think Panama was the worst possible draw out of the Second Round teams.

This is nearly perfect, the only thing better would have been Grenada getting an easier group and getting into our ground for Round 3. Whatever though, I am so happy its ridiculous.

If we could convince either JDG2 or Hoilet this would be in the bag.

For once things go Canada's way in soccer, what an easy draw, only one that even remotely worries me is Puerto Rico x

I dont think we shoudl worry about PR. Panama in the next round is the only possible concern.

Summing things up:

We wanted to avoid Guatemala - Done

We wnated to get Cuba in the semis - Done

We wanted concacaf to get asia or oceania - Done

We can say four of the six teams in the hex will go to rio. Our matches verus Panama will be the key.

I dont think we shoudl worry about PR. Panama in the next round is the only possible concern.

Summing things up:

We wanted to avoid Guatemala - Done

We wnated to get Cuba in the semis - Done

We wanted concacaf to get asia or oceania - Done

We can say four of the six teams in the hex will go to rio. Our matches verus Panama will be the key.

Don't forget

Avoid USA/Mexico till Round 3 - done

According to the latest rankings, assuming favourites advance, we are the lowest ranked team in our semi-final group. 4 - Honduras, 6- Panama and 9-Cuba. While this is a favourable draw generally, lets not forget who we are. I would say right now, both Honduras and Panama are better than us although not by all that much relative to US and Mexico, so we are going to have step up our game to advance to the Hex. But still a much better draw than the past 3.

According to the latest rankings, assuming favourites advance, we are the lowest ranked team in our semi-final group. 4 - Honduras, 6- Panama and 9-Cuba. While this is a favourable draw generally, lets not forget who we are. I would say right now, both Honduras and Panama are better than us although not by all that much relative to US and Mexico, so we are going to have step up our game to advance to the Hex. But still a much better draw than the past 3.

Yes. Right now both are better. But the beauty of the outcome is that we only have a few very key matches. If we assume hat Hon go to the hex then our key match will be Panama. Cuba shoudl not be problem because their rating is inflated. Just look at the GC.

And, if we project fwd, given that Mex and US will go through, our only key matches will be for the contender for the third and fourh spot. Its basically a four team rond robin in he hex with two teams going to the WC?

Yes. Right now both are better. But the beauty of the outcome is that we only have a few very key matches. If we assume hat Hon go to the hex then our key match will be Panama. Cuba shoudl not be problem because their rating is inflated. Just look at the GC.

Yeah I agree, although Cuba on the road may be tough and is something of a risk if we are in a 3-way for the top 2 as dropped points will haunt us. Another positive is that our team will get 6 qualifiers against sides that are lower than us, and perhaps develop a little cohesiveness. I have thought over the past 10-12 years that we have usually been less than the sum of our parts.

Ronaldo looks disappointed that there wasn't chocolate inside the egg.

Excellent. Best joke of the day.!! I still cant contain myself from that one. For those who missed the broadcast, Ronaldo looks really over weight. I dont think that there is a come back in picture.

Archived