WCQ - Ticketing info - suggestions - plans

Admin

It's nice to have a computer and Internet again!

Ticketing

Curiously, having all three games in Toronto actually presents a possible challenge for us. Games will be available as a 3 game pack. How this impacts our usual recruitment drive is unknown. It is easy for someone to buy 5 or 10 tickets and bring people from the office for a single game, hard to do with 3.

So depending on how the draw goes and who we get, we may focus on one game or the first game and encourage people to whore themselves in that one, have a good time and hope for carry over. It is not reasonable to expect people to front the cost of 3 games on speculation and get people out on mass.

112, 113, 114 reserved

3 Games in Toronto

$20/ticket

5 - Tickets = Canada Scarf

10 - Tickets = Umbro T-Shirt

15 - Tickets = Umbro / Canada running jersey ( don't quote me on that yet, I'll find out exactly what - it's nice)

Some other bonus bits will be shipped with tickets in our section. Discount cards ect...

Promotion

Putting together a package to get Canada, Voyageurs and SLS 'stuff' into soccer bars and up on the walls. Will need to people who have connections to these bars to take these kits and make sure they get put up.

Posters in relevant locations. Posters will be done soon, will need people to put them up in locations they frequent and have some connection to. I hit a wall trying to put these up before. You can't just walk in, you need to know someone. Soccer stores, indoor facilities, pubs, cafes ect....

Twitter and Facebook contest/giveaways will be starting WEEKLY next week. Scarves, jerseys, shirts and stuff.

Need people to get in touch with me who have any means of capitalizing on connections at work, clubs, leagues - anything.

Website

Website will be updated this week. May encounter a few snags in the processes so there could be a few glitches. Upgrade will bring a new editor, more consistent features, mobile theme(in addition to Tapatalk), style, bug fixes and interface improvements.

Voyageurs Merchandise

Scarfs - Check

Shirts - Check

Flags - Encountered a problem, finding a new supplier(solved).

Need to start getting designs from people for a new shirt, and a soccer in Canada centennial shirt and scarf for next year.

General Suggestions

Game day operation changes?

Merchandise suggestions - Patches, hats, what do you want?

What suggestions do you have to improve our engagement with the community?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet to attend a game so new to this Voyageur thing...lots of questions.

Curiously, having all three games in Toronto...

Confirmed Yet?

$20/ticket

So are tickets available to buy for individuals games or only as a group for all three matches? Is there a price difference if you can buy a ticket for only 1 match?

Voyageurs Merchandise

Scarfs - Check

Shirts

Need to start getting designs from people for a new shirt, and a soccer in Canada centennial shirt and scarf for next year.

Is it possible to post a detailed picture of what the current shirts/scarves look like? On the PayPal link to buy a scarf there are no detailed pictures. Can you buy a shirt online as well?

Are the dates for the home games known yet? Will they be known during the draw (along with the opponents of course)? On the FIFA calendar: http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/calendar/events.html for example, do we know if we play at home Sept 2nd or 6th?

3 games in Toronto? Lame.

Guess that limits my travel options to one city.

I would like to know the single game price.

Where else can they play where the CSA can make money and play on a quality grass field the players don't have to kill themselves to get to on a short turn around?

$20/game.

3 Game package will be cheaper, don't know the price yet.

Yet to attend a game so new to this Voyageur thing...lots of questions.

Confirmed Yet?

So are tickets available to buy for individuals games or only as a group for all three matches? Is there a price difference if you can buy a ticket for only 1 match?

Is it possible to post a detailed picture of what the current shirts/scarves look like? On the PayPal link to buy a scarf there are no detailed pictures. Can you buy a shirt online as well?

Are the dates for the home games known yet? Will they be known during the draw (along with the opponents of course)? On the FIFA calendar: http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/calendar/events.html for example, do we know if we play at home Sept 2nd or 6th?

Yes individual games will be available, $20/game.

Detailed pictures coming when site upraded. The scarf is nice.

Dates not confirmed, but I can tell you they will be either on the Friday or Tuesday in the FIFA windows available.

Sept 2nd is all but a lock... but this is soccer and CONCACAF so... don't put money on it.

* In fact really don't put money on it, they want to avoid the CNE.

Why would they play the game on a Friday night instead of the Saturday??

Playing it on Friday makes it so much more difficult for out of town supporters to get to! Putting all the games in Toronto then putting them all on weeknights seems like the CSA is trying to be as unaccommodating as possible to people outside Toronto...

Why would they play the game on a Friday night instead of the Saturday??

Playing it on Friday makes it so much more difficult for out of town supporters to get to! Putting all the games in Toronto then putting them all on weeknights seems like the CSA is trying to be as unaccommodating as possible to people outside Toronto...

CSA doesn't pick FIFA dates, do they?

That´s right, and for the break it is up to the parituclar Confederation ,ie: CONCACAF. to negotiate between the national sides, and then approve and then set the match date, time and venue ( there is usually no dispute with the National associations choice of venue or kickoff time, as long as it is FIFA approved, though match dates within the break are often bones of contention). FIFA then usually just rubberstamps the Confederation approval.

The Match Marshall appointed by the Confederation for each set match can make last minute changes to all this for cause.

Not sure about the Friday/Saturday thing. I may have misunderstood and it is between Friday and Tuesday, which makes more sense. I will check on that.

I do know they want to avoid the CNE, as it creates lots of problems. I would have thought it was a great opportunity...

^ The FIFA date includes the whole weekend... It's just listed as September 2-6 there is no specific FIFA date, more like a FIFA break

Ah. I was under the impression it was 2 specific dates (i.e. 2nd and 6th, not 2nd through 6th)

Ah. I was under the impression it was 2 specific dates (i.e. 2nd and 6th, not 2nd through 6th)

Most games will be played on Friday Sept. 2nd and Tuesday Sept. 6th. However, they don't have to be, since there will be some games on Sat. Sept. 3rd.

Most games will be played on Friday Sept. 2nd and Tuesday Sept. 6th. However, they don't have to be, since there will be some games on Sat. Sept. 3rd.

Most games are usually on the Saturday not the Friday...

Most games are usually on the Saturday not the Friday...

Not for the past European qualifying cycle. It's easier for players to return for the weekend after a Tuesday game (which pushed the first game to Friday) instead of a Wednesday game.

Not for the past European qualifying cycle. It's easier for players to return for the weekend after a Tuesday game (which pushed the first game to Friday) instead of a Wednesday game.

yeah I would assume the dates would be chosen to accomodate players travel, not fans. Sorry to Mr TFC Regina and the rest of you non GTA folks coming for these.

Last time Canada had a pair of home games they played Saturday-Tuesday... nothing wrong with that.

I think the point is that it's optimal for the players to play Friday and Tuesday, to allow for more rest.

Guest darowaan

Just sent an email to my old universities athletic department and soccer coaches in hopes that they make a school event of it and bring out a bus load. Think there is a decent chance that I can get the game at the very least promoted there since my brother still goes there.

If they are interested in bringing a group who would be the best person for me to put them in touch with.

Can say though that me and my bro will be at one game at the very least

I'm sort of hoping for no September 2nd here, since I'm out of town that night and the September window is probably the only game I'll be able to attend before I start logging 70 hour weeks.

Just to confirm, the individual tickets would still be in 112/113/114 right? I'm hoping to bring out 10+ people to the September home game if its the Tuesday night but none of them will want to buy the three game pack.

Archived