Hello from Cologne

Jaiden

Hello!

At first, my english isn't aswell. Sorry for that.

I'm from Cologne and support FC Koln. There is playing Kevin McKenna, one of the most professional players in Bundesliga.

I want to learn more about the canadian nationalteam, because Canada is one of my favorite countries in the world.

Unfortunately, the canadian national team isn't famous here in Germany.

In addition I want to spend my holiday in Canada next time and maybe I could watch some matches there.

Best regards and have a nice day!

Jaiden

Thanks, tarnado.

I hope so. But it's very hard for McKenna. Pedro Geromel (centre-back) is a regular player and top performer in this team. Youssef Mohamad (another centre-back) wasn't aswell last season and lost his captaincy. He often talks about a transfer to UAE. Maybe McKenna could displace him.

On the right back position actually are playing Miso Brecko and his substitute Tomoaki Makino. A slovenian and a japanese nationalplayer.

But we haven't a backup for Novakovic (striker) and McKenna also can play forwards.

At any rate, McKenna is centre-back number three or better. His only competitors besides Geromel and Mohamad are Christopher Schorch and Kevin Pezzoni. Pezzoni is bad and Schorch is very injury-prone.

Anyway, we have a new coach this season. It's up to McKenna.

At any rate, McKenna is centre-back number three or better. His only competitors besides Geromel and Mohamad are Christopher Schorch and Kevin Pezzoni. Pezzoni is bad and Schorch is very injury-prone.

I were at Saputo Stadium in Montreal when McKenna score his last international goal against Honduras in a friendly game.He was good in the last Goldcup too. I wish he play for the Montreal Impact one day......

Good luck with the new season,Cologne is my favorite team in the Bundesliga and this year will be good with new team Hertha (Friend) and FC Augsburg (DeJong)

@ Bert: McKenna is awesome. I've talked with him few months ago and he's really a nice guy. And I love his dialect. It's so marvelous for me (german) to hear canadians/english/scottish (and so on) peaople who's speaking german. I like that.

We had a friendly game today against Panathinaikos Athens. Youssef Mohamad was very poor again. I think McKenna has got good chances to play against Wolfsburg at the first matchday.

@ Jeremy: Thank you!

Yes, welcome to the Voyageurs, Jaiden. I too have a soft spot for 1. FC Koeln (and the city of Cologne itself). I went to my first Bundesliga match in the 1993 at the old Mungersdorfer Stadion before it became Rhein-Energie. The support was unbelievable and my friend who still lives in Frechen got me hooked on them and I've followed them from afar ever since. It also helps that Hennes is so cute. :-)

@ JamboAl: Thanks! In Müngersdorfer Stadion (we still do call it so), the atmosphere wasn't so good like nowadays. Maybe, because the stadium has regularly a occupancy rate about 90% - also in the second division few years ago. At the moment, we have the 13th best occupancy rate in europe ( http://www.stadionwelt.de/sw_stadien/index.php?folder=sites&site=top30 ). That's awesome.

Frechen isn't so far from cologne, I do know some people who lives there.

Thanks for you compliment. It's a pleasant to hear positive comments about FC Koln from foreign countries.

@ nolando: Thanks! Nice to meet you. I've met some people from Vancouver for one year. It was really nice and that was one of the reasons, why I absolutely want to travel to canada.

It's the most interesting country for me and some friends of mine. Before my sister got two childs, she wanted to migrate there. So, the love for canada is into the family.

It'll be a very exciting season for 1. FC Köln. I really hope to have fastly the 40 points for staying at Bundesliga. Maybe, we could play a season like Hannover or Mainz.

Jaiden, it's very nice to have a German support Canada. Here in Canada, many times we have a problem with people supporting other countries and not Canada so to have a German citizen interested in Canadian football is always welcome. Please support Deutschland as your #1 national mannschaft but if you ever visit our country and go to an international match, let one of us know and we will welcome you.

Germany/Deutschland will be even the country, who I will support. I was born in Germany and the localism is very high in germany. I think that is a regular situation.

But Canada is very especially, because it's one of my favorite countries (respectively my favorite country behind germany). It would be awesome if I could see Canada at the world cup. I kept one's fingers crossed for Canada at the women world cup - More than for Germany (I don't like the german women national team, not Silvia Neid, not Birgit Prinz and so on). I was born at 1989. So, I didn't see Canada at the world cup 1986 in Mexico.

But in other sports, I'll keep one's fingers crossed for Canada, too. With ice hockey leading the way. The "Kölner Haie", our ice hockey team in Cologne, we have many canadians in the team. I like Matt Pettinger and John Tripp (half german/half canadian).

So, you see. Canada is something special for me. I really like the maple leaf on the flag.

Thank you so much for your offer. I shall be delighted!

Archived