Nana and Dunfield traded!!!

TFC07

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toronto will send Nana, Gordon and Peterson to San Jose in return for Ryan Johnson, International slot and money is what is being rumoured right now.

As for Dunfield deal: TFC is sending money to Vancouver for Dunfield?

I bought a Dunnfield shirt, oops

I would have liked it if Vancouver could have picked up Attakora, you could have stuck him in the middle with Demerit and Rochat back to left back or kept Rochat and Demerit together and Attakora on the right. Oh well

Teibert, Davies and Rochat. Vancouver are now meeting their Canadian content requirements by the absolute slimmest of margins.

I was hoping Toronto somehow traded for Teibert. He's from Ontario too, so I am sure he wouldn't mind being traded to Toronto.

BTW, TFC were rumour to sign Hatchi (CB) who was released by Montreal recently.

Toronto FC trades Attakora to San Jose

The Nana Attakora-Toronto FC saga has come to an end.

The Major League Soccer club has traded Attakora to the San Jose Earthquakes, the Canadian defender confirmed to CBCSports.ca on Thursday.

Attakora did not know the details of the deal, specifically who TFC will receive from San Jose in return for him.

A 22-year-old native of North York, Ont., the defender has been with the club since it entered MLS in 2007. He said he found out about the trade via text message by Sam Cronin, a former TFC teammate who now plays for San Jose.

Aron Winter, TFC’s head coach and technical director, then called Attakora minutes later to deliver the news.

"It’s exciting but it’s sad at the same time. I’ve spent my whole career here and it is my home city, so it’s disappointing, but I’m also happy for the change and the new challenge," Attakora said.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2011/07/14/sp-tfc-trade.html#ixzz1S6cEPoOw

Good move for Nana. Potentially excellent move for Dunfield as the pressure should lessen on him - he must put HUGE pressure on himself to perform for Vancouver. JDG and Dunfield playing together is good for CMNT.

Have to predict this opens door for **********....though WBA and Leicester et al in England apparently want him. May still give it another year or two in England to earn some nice pay days. #NoGreavesinVan.

"Vancouver Whitecaps FC announced today that midfielder Terry Dunfield has been traded to Toronto FC in exchange for allocation money and future considerations"

Wonder what the future considerations from TFC could be...one of the players that they are getting from the Nana trade perhaps?

At least Nana is going to an organization that has a coach that likes Canadians.

I think you're confusing Toronto with Vancouver here. Nana simply didn't fit into Winter's system. Nana doesn't know how to pass the ball which is a huge flaw in Winter system.

EDIT: Winter has been pro-Canadian especially with academy players.

Good move for Nana. Potentially excellent move for Dunfield as the pressure should lessen on him - he must put HUGE pressure on himself to perform for Vancouver. JDG and Dunfield playing together is good for CMNT.

Have to predict this opens door for **********....though WBA and Leicester et al in England apparently want him. May still give it another year or two in England to earn some nice pay days. #NoGreavesinVan.

I'm sure I read that the West Brom gaffer said he wasn't worth the risk due to his injuries.

"Vancouver Whitecaps FC announced today that midfielder Terry Dunfield has been traded to Toronto FC in exchange for allocation money and future considerations"

Wonder what the future considerations from TFC could be...one of the players that they are getting from the Nana trade perhaps?

It could also be draft pick or a player's right (Kevin Aleman ?)

Probably a conditional draft pick, like a 3rd or 4th rounder...

I think you're confusing Toronto with Vancouver here. Nana simply didn't fit into Winter's system. Nana doesn't know how to pass the ball which is a huge flaw in Winter system.

EDIT: Winter has been pro-Canadian especially with academy players.

And how many Cdns did TFC field last game??

And how many Cdns did TFC field last game??

1 - Zavarise. Which is still better than some of the other teams out there.

Comparatively speaking (as compared with other Canadian MLS sides and previous TFC managers), Winter's done a good job with Canadians on TFC, particularly bringing the kids along and giving guys like Zavarise a chance. Pretty sure if JdG and Cann weren't hurt (which I also thought was Nana's issue too), they'd both be mainstays in the lineup. And now he's made a move for Dunfield, which I really appreciate.

I think it was good for Attakora to be challenged. And it's good to sprinkle Canadians throughout the league, in my opinion.

Archived