WWC Quarterfinals [R]

navycyr

The female Selecao's have the same problem as the men, too many top level league players not playing as a team. Some parts of the game looked more like a scripted drop dead contest behind the 2 teams with all the acting going on. The Brazil stretcher movie was poor sportsmanship and a yellow card was weak in my books, red should have been the color.

And she only showed the yellow because the pro-USA crowd jeered at Erika. The ref has got to give the YC right away or not at all. That was embarrassing. Ref totally intimidated by a bunch of fans.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree. She might not have seen Erika go down to the ground. She was probably watching the ball go out of bounds for a US throw. She had to assume that Erika had an injury so she rightly stopped play. Erika was carried off the field so the official must have thought that there had been an injury. It was the miracle that happened before the stretcher got to the corner flag that must have made the official realize that their had been simulation. She allowed the player to enter the field immediately and then rightly gave her a yellow card. I believe it was this time wasting that later cost Brazil a corner kick they had "earned" at the end of the game. Usually time is extended to allow the kick to be taken but the ref had had enough by this time and ended the match. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

And she only showed the yellow because the pro-USA crowd jeered at Erika. The ref has got to give the YC right away or not at all. That was embarrassing. Ref totally intimidated by a bunch of fans.

Is it written in the laws of the game that the ref has to hand out a yellow card for time wasting only in certain circumstances? The ref got it right. Clearly the Brazil player was not as hurt as she let on and the ref saw her miracle recovery and decided to card her for wasting time. Where's the problem?

Archived