WC Qualifying

superbrad

So we should be solid into the 3rd round (3 groups of 4 teams, top 2 from each advance to 4th and final round - the hex). Only dicey bit is that we have a 1 in 6 chance of drawing Guatemala into our group of 4 in the 2nd round. Nobody else looks too dangerous.

So we should be solid into the 3rd round (3 groups of 4 teams, top 2 from each advance to 4th and final round - the hex). Only dicey bit is that we have a 1 in 6 chance of drawing Guatemala into our group of 4 in the 2nd round. Nobody else looks too dangerous.

By "one in six", you mean "of course we're going to end up drawing Guatemala into our group."

By "one in six", you mean "of course we're going to end up drawing Guatemala into our group."

Goes without saying. lol. I do like the fact that we get more games with the extra group round. Time to work on things such as ---- scoring.

The reason I was asking in the first place is for travel plans. I assume big games will be in TO. I don't want to travel to see the minnows (married = limited budget). But if we make the third round, our first home game (much like last go-round), should be early next summer.

My biggest concern is, well, making it to the third round. The way Canadian soccer is going I'm not feeling real positive. And - as Rudi says, we'll probably get Guatemala.....

The reason I was asking in the first place is for travel plans. I assume big games will be in TO. I don't want to travel to see the minnows (married = limited budget). But if we make the third round, our first home game (much like last go-round), should be early next summer.

My biggest concern is, well, making it to the third round. The way Canadian soccer is going I'm not feeling real positive. And - as Rudi says, we'll probably get Guatemala.....

You're drinking Robert's Koolaid. Gautemala must be ****ting their pants to be in that group 17 thru whatever.

We should be terrified of Belize. They won that one game 5-2.

I wouldn't worry about Belize...they'll get rebanned by FIFA and voila, Canada has Montserrat in its group (plus the Caymans and Saint Kitts & Nevis). And if we don't qualify from that group, I'd blame the Asian betting syndicates.

I wouldn't worry about Belize...they'll get rebanned by FIFA and voila, Canada has Montserrat in its group (plus the Caymans and Saint Kitts & Nevis). And if we don't qualify from that group, I'd blame the Asian betting syndicates.

Maybe we should all start betting heavily against Canada. At least we'd be happy one way or another :D

It was actually undetectable sarcasm ;)

Belize was suspended and then lifted. They play the 2nd leg on the 17th.

US Virgin Islands, Bahamas and Dominican Republic are through to 2nd round. Aruba has a 4-2 lead over St. Lucia, but the 2nd leg is in St. Lucia so it's not over just yet for them.

If we draw DR in this stage I'm booking a cheap vacation and catching that match.

Cool. As far as I know, this has never been televised in Canada previously. We got to see the draws for the finals, but never the qualifiers.

A little CONCACAF non corruption!! Finally! How any credible organization would run it, with officials from each country on hand to witness.

Belize was suspended and then lifted. They play the 2nd leg on the 17th.

Having read that the Belize Government wants to sort out their "corrupt" FA, I can't see how they are going to resolve this to FIFA's non government interference standards before the July 30th draw. And BTW, the return leg is in San Pedro Sula, Honduras because the gov't won't provide the required security support for the match in Belize.

I read somewhere they have until august to sort it out and that progress was being made that's why they got to play a return leg in Honduras. Could you imagine if they were suspended and Montserrat went through? They can't even play on their island and half of it is abandoned because of volcanic activity

Just checked it said midnight aug 15th

A little CONCACAF non corruption!! Finally! How any credible organization would run it, with officials from each country on hand to witness.

But this draw is actually done by FIFA, not CONCACAF. So our good buddy Sepp will have his fingers all over this one.

Archived