Voyageurs Cup winner will open against Real Esteli FC of Nicaragua [VC winner R]

[sorry for being a stickler about this given that the winner was determined more than two days ago, but let's avoid Voyageurs Cup 2011 Final Second Leg spoilers at least until the match video has been available for a few days (it will be up very soon).]

Looks like the away leg will be played in Nicaragua this time. Didn't the Impact play them in Guatemala or something because their stadium wasn't up to FIFA standards? Anyways, TFC shouldn't have any trouble here, especially with Frings and Koevermans playing (I'm assuming they're eligible at this point?). The bigger test will be in the group stages, especially if FC Dallas makes it in too.

Looks like the away leg will be played in Nicaragua this time. Didn't the Impact play them in Guatemala or something because their stadium wasn't up to FIFA standards? Anyways, TFC shouldn't have any trouble here, especially with Frings and Koevermans playing (I'm assuming they're eligible at this point?). The bigger test will be in the group stages, especially if FC Dallas makes it in too.

Honduras.

Also, TFC shouldn't have had trouble with Porto Rico either, we all remember how that turned out.

Honduras.

Also, TFC shouldn't have had trouble with Porto Rico either, we all remember how that turned out.

Many teams have had trouble with PR Islanders in the CCL, so I would get too bent out of shape over that.

They renovated their stadium to meet CONCACAF Champion's League standards so that is why they can now play in Nicaragua.

• 2 weeks later...

On the pre-game show for TFC and Sporting KC, they were saying that the CCL games would be on Sportsnet. However, I just checked my on screen listings and did not see any football listed on any Sportsnet channel. Sportsnet1 is listed as having the Jays game while the 4 regional channels have UFC programming listed. I did find a listing for CCL, but it was on Setanta Sports (Rogers 429).

I sent the following tweet tonight:

@RogersSportsnet @torontofc What network is showing the CCL game on Wednesday night? I'm hearing both Sportsnet and Setanta Canada

Here's the response I got from Sportsnet:

@jdrice Speaking for Sportsnet, we are not airing that match

Archived