Frings and Kovermans

JimmyJames

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reports also state that Winter will move upstairs and de Klerc takes over as coach. Anyway the press conference is at 4:45 but the wikipedia page for Koevermans is already updated stating that he is with TFC. Whereas Frings, on wiki, it states that the with San Jose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Koevermans

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torsten_Frings

I like both. I'm a little skeptical of Frings' age but we'll see. The Koeverman singing has the potential to be huge, I think he could rip it up in MLS. Maybe 15 goals in a full season? I've watched him a few times this year while following Atiba and actually thought that he would fit well in Toronto.

Finally some positive things coming from TFC.

Not really bothered by Frings; age, age is just a number. Look at how successful Blanco & Schlelotto were in the league & they were both older than Frings. If he can contribut like they did, people will see his age as not a big deal

As well take someone like Ryan Giggs, he's 37 & can still score & drive to the hole & whatnot :rolleyes:

Winter's comments about needing leaders and bringing in Koevermans as the leader up front, Frings as the leader in the midfield and needing to add a leader at the back suggests he wasn't happy with the current leaders which should have included JDG. I wonder if he has a future under Winter

The Globe asked the same question, I think Julians Role will not change and they will ask Frings to be more of a creative guy....even at his age he may be a little more creative...he also chose TFC over Leeds and another English team....

That 2nd team was actually Rangers from Scotland.

Winter's comments about needing leaders and bringing in Koevermans as the leader up front, Frings as the leader in the midfield and needing to add a leader at the back suggests he wasn't happy with the current leaders which should have included JDG. I wonder if he has a future under Winter

Easily not. He won't be here any longer than his contract and if they can get out of it earlier I imagine they will.

...who will be seeded in the Champions League qualifying rounds and should make it to the group stages. Impressive they could close this deal.

very impressive. Champions League is very enticing for any player. I wonder why he decided against it.

Klinsmann's advice will have helped but the MLSE board appear to have come through financially in a big way with the funds needed to attract two players who still had relatively attractive options in a European context and are not likely to induce a frenzy of extra replica jersey sales. Good to see them doing something visible (the Downsview training facility was also a great move but not something most fans can really relate to) to justify some of their more exorbitant ticket pricing (pretty much everything except the supporters section).

Klinsmann's advice will have helped but the MLSE board appear to have come through financially in a big way with the funds needed to attract two players who still had relatively attractive options in a European context and are not likely to induce a frenzy of extra replica jersey sales. Good to see them doing something visible (the Downsview training facility was also a great move but not something most fans can really relate to) to justify some of their more exorbitant ticket pricing (pretty much everything except the supporters section).

Speak for yourself, I'm getting a Frings jersey by the end of the season!

Archived