Whitecaps against City

drew

They play in San Fran on the Saturday eve, so could get in one training in Vancouver before the game, on the Sunday. But playing the day before, you are not going to see a hard session. Logical to practice at the game stadium. All speculation.

Don't like the idea that both teams play just two days earlier, you are not going to see their best on the Monday. Esp when neither Van nor Man City have any matches until the next weekend, they could have added a day's rest in there for both.

(Posting here now as can't deal with the BS reffing gifting TFC life when they have already been killed off fairly a couple of times. What a joke the Nutrilite is.)

I guess that clear disallowed goal that Demerit kicked away from inside the Vabcouver net counts as a ref gift to Toronto, eh Geoff?

Cry me a river.

Now now, be careful of the use of that word clear. While the ball may have crossed the line, there is no way that anyone can say that it clearly did or did not. Unless you're holding back some amazing photography. ;)

The one person best placed to make a judgement was the linesman on the day and he ruled it did not cross the line. There is no photographic evidence yet presented that can prove otherwise, end of story. Nevertheless, the best team on the day won the game without doubt. And that written, sad to say, by a diehard Whitecaps supporter.

I saw 2 pages of discussion on this thread - silly me to think it would be about the City v. Caps game and which players City might bring!

ps-no definitive evidence, but I believe the ball did cross the line.

To stay on the thread topic, I seriously doubt the ref for the Whitecaps-Man City match will gift three of the softest penalties you ever will see to the rival, as TFC has gotten out of the ****e refs vs. the Caps in the last week.

Those are poor judgement calls, while the goal-line play is a close call that cannot be determined for sure and the refs say no goal. As they should have with the three penalties called vs the Caps for TFC.

That said, let Soehn apply the same logic he did to Teitur and fire himself. He has done exactly the same, the team plays reasonably well, gets bad results away, is close most of the time, has good moments and some nice talent, and is promising. Sack Soehn and stuff the second gifted V-Cup to TFC in two successive years.

To stay on the thread topic, I seriously doubt the ref for the Whitecaps-Man City match will gift three of the softest penalties you ever will see to the rival, as TFC has gotten out of the ****e refs vs. the Caps in the last week.

Those are poor judgement calls, while the goal-line play is a close call that cannot be determined for sure and the refs say no goal. As they should have with the three penalties called vs the Caps for TFC.

That said, let Soehn apply the same logic he did to Teitur and fire himself. He has done exactly the same, the team plays reasonably well, gets bad results away, is close most of the time, has good moments and some nice talent, and is promising. Sack Soehn and stuff the second gifted V-Cup to TFC in two successive years.

Aren't we bitter here? lol

End of the day, TFC played to win while Vancouver didn't. I think Dunfield said in his post-game interview that "They played like men and we played like boys".

If TSN is show the Revs-ManUre game you think one of the networks will

I just checked my on screen guide and TSN does have the World Football Challenge listed for Monday night @ 10pm Eastern. 'Caps and Man City is the only game scheduled that night so it looks like they will be showing it.

The game has been good so far and the caps are playing one of their best games. But the surface is becoming the story. It looks like they are playing game on mattress. And judging from the way Yaya Toure was carried off, It looks pretty serious.

Archived