Ottawa NASL Supporters group

I'd be interested. But I'm going to be in Buenos Aires for the next year and a half. . . be back in Ottawa at the end. Also would like to start building something towards the women's world cup in 2015. Packed stadiums everywhere in the country would be amazing.

At the rate Landsdowne is getting fixed, there may not yet be a team in Ottawa before 2014... lots of time to work on a non-wooden larger than life robot (maybe) rabbit for the first match. As long as it has a charcoal barbecue for roasting steaks, I imagine I would be happy.

What kind of support exists for the Ottawa CSL team? Might also be good to get a list going of Ottawa and surrounding area clubs, to start getting an idea of where potential supporters might come from. Another place to start going is building good relationships with the european football-watching bars (georgetown, and?) to get advertising into those places.

Georgetown would be good and Gracie O'Malley's on Ogilvie was very friendly to the V's during the gold cup so that might be a good option. I watched the USA game there and it was a nice venue.

Anyone think up any good names for the supporter group? Only thing I've been able to come up with so far is Capital City Crew.

I've contacted the people at NRML re: their Capital City Rude Boys promo they had going at the last World Cup to see if they mightn't want to be a part of this, and extend that line.

Outside of that, my mission is game time activities, not extracirriculars so if anyone would like to step up to contact the Georgetown, etc. that'd be great, but, not necessary for some time. Consider the timeline here. For now I think it important to support the Fury in their current form. The PDL team is coming together under Klaus, their new coach, and I expect a turn around from a rather subpar start. They play Saturday 7PM against London at Algonquin. I'm fairly sure there will be some NASL Ottawa T's there for sale, as well.

Might be a good starter to say hello to some people.

Archived