No, no, a million times, NO.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never heard of VFC. Is that a new team starting in Victoriaville, Quebec? Vulcan, Alberta?

Someone may be refering to Melborne Victory FC . He could actually be going Down Under.

I heard that the Aussie owned News of the World are going to do a big Human intrest Piece on How OH has been shunned in his homeland and his adopted Country....Its aparently going in Next Months issu.....Oh...right... Bugger!

I've been thinking about this. Previously whenever I thought about OH I was filled with anger, but that emotion has turned mainly into disappointment. When people drift out of the spotlight their value is best shown in the legacy that have left, OH destroyed his chance to have a legacy. Over 1 millions Canadians play soccer, and continue to do so without any 'world' class players to look up to. OH could have been the player that our media had a love-in for every time he came close to a CL Final (see Milos Raonic). Instead of being Captain Canada, moving soccer in his country forward, and being a hero for our young soccer players he's now a washed-up ex-England international who needs to make YouTube videos to try to find employment.

A kid on my u12's was cheering for Nigeria women over Canada women the other day - you can be sure this has to do with Hargreavers. Erm...

Not at all to do with the CSA and how the local leagues are run.

FYI - Apparently MUFC considering another pay-as-you-play contract @ about $15,000 per appearance plus bonuses.

I've been thinking about this. Previously whenever I thought about OH I was filled with anger, but that emotion has turned mainly into disappointment. When people drift out of the spotlight their value is best shown in the legacy that have left, OH destroyed his chance to have a legacy. Over 1 millions Canadians play soccer, and continue to do so without any 'world' class players to look up to. OH could have been the player that our media had a love-in for every time he came close to a CL Final (see Milos Raonic). Instead of being Captain Canada, moving soccer in his country forward, and being a hero for our young soccer players he's now a washed-up ex-England international who needs to make YouTube videos to try to find employment.

exactly !

I was with you until the end. How would you feel if he played for Canada, but is now making youtube videos to try to find employment?

It's even more sad that this got about two-thirds of a page in today's (July 7) Toronto Star.

Man, the media is so lazy these days! They're all basing their story on one same source from England. In TFC POV, signing OH wouldn't make any sense since we got plenty of DM on this team already. Plus, we can't risk signing an injury prone player! I am sure MLSE isn't crazy enough to sign OH (It will a bad PR move for them which is the last thing they need right now since they're busy finding a way to keep season ticket holders happy so they renew their tickets for next season).

I was with you until the end. How would you feel if he played for Canada, but is now making youtube videos to try to find employment?

It would still be pathetic, but he doesn't play for canada so it's a moot point.

If we can laugh at chocolate rain trying to make as a singer through youtube. then OH is fair game, incredibly fair game if you see how dorky his videos are.

Maybe it's time OH found some other kind of employment than playing soccer. It happens to everybody eventually and he ought to have enough money set by now to be reasonably comfortable till he can find something.

I'm sure the situation boils down to this: no-one who is close to him is nice or honest enough to tell him this.

• 2 weeks later...
i am really starting to hate the whitecaps...i really wanted them to be a team i could cheer for in MLS....

I feel the same. This is just so bizarre to me, I mean is there anybody else in the world that could be a worse potential signing? Technically is doesn't makes sense considering VWFC play on turf along with a few other teams and as far as public relations go do they really think the fans are that stupid? Or do they think that we will just forgive and forget? It's almost insulting.

The risk far out weighs the reward on this.

In the Globe interview it seems Mallett is blissfully unaware of the Whore's polarizing presence for some fans. If these clubs TFC/Whitecaps are so tuned in to their fanbase why would they want to antagonize even a small number of them (and this appears to be a bigger number than small)

Just wondering if anyone has formally expressed their displeasure, letters, emails etc with the team's management.

Also wondering if the TFC/Whitecaps PA announcers announce the team as "Your Vancouver Whitecaps" when they come onto the field. I've always hated that as it is so hypocritical and phony. Imagine saying "Your New York Yankees" when George Steinbrenner owned them. GREASY!

Well if they're "Your Vancouver Whitecaps" you sure as hell have a right to "your" say.

I suspect people like Bobby Lenarduzzi are tuned in enough to know what most Voyageurs think about OH. When taken together with the way the Southsiders appeared to be sidelined in the buildup to the inaugral season it suggests rightly or wrongly that they have made the calculation that the online fan culture is not representative of their broader fanbase and not something they need to obsessively cater to.

In the Globe interview it seems Mallett is blissfully unaware of the Whore's polarizing presence for some fans. If these clubs TFC/Whitecaps are so tuned in to their fanbase why would they want to antagonize even a small number of them (and this appears to be a bigger number than small)

Considering that the Whitecaps were instrumental in have the Canadian quota lowered to ridiculously low levels, its no surprise to me that the same people would be interested in the Whore.

People who say Toronto FC isn't (English) Canada's team should look what Vancouver is doing. Toronto is making an investment in Canadian soccer (academy to signing a lot of Canadian players or very least giving them a chance through a trial) which Vancouver isn't doing. Vancouver and their stealing Ontario players academy is going to have to invest in Western Canada now since MLS has a regional rights installed now.

Archived