No, no, a million times, NO.

Toronto FC offer free agent ********** a new start after release from Manchester United

MLS side Toronto FC want to offer Owen ********** a chance to resurrect his career.

The former England midfielder is a free agent after being released by Manchester United following two years blighted by injury to his knees and tendinitis.

===

Not only an absolute waste of money, but I do not want the Canadian/Englishman whenever it suits him pussbag anywhere near Toronto FC.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if you overlook his status as a hated bastard, signing mr.glassbones would be a mistake in a physical league like MLS.

As far as a minority of fans hating him goes, when Teal Bunbury was at BMO with SKC this season, the stadium unanimously booed when he touched the ball. That's an MLS striker who jumped ship. I would have meant so much to many of the average TFC fans to have a Canadian international at Man U. Owen's traitor status will become apparent quickly to MLSE if they're dumb enough to make this move, which will prove just how out of touch with the Canadian soccer public they really are...

I have been an avid and loyal Toronto FC sucker/fan for five years now. I am a season ticket holder, and have put up with a lot of crap over the last few years. Season after season of losses and dysfunction have not been enough to shake my commitment to my home club.

But I swear to Jeebus that if TFC signs He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, that's it, I'm finished. As long as that fine gentleman is part of TFC, not one cent of my money goes to MLSE.

Even if the bum was healthy, I would rather see TFC play Oscar Cordon. Cordon is young and Canadian from an immigrant family that cares about the sport in this country. Only acceptable contract for this Owen is to be a pylon for the academy squad - so he can give some sort of contribution to the national program.

It was only a matter of time before the inevitable Harge@ves to (insert Canadian team here) started showing up. I'm suprised it's taken this long. I suspect its just some lazy journalist creating a story out of nothing just to get a reaction. Nobody wants him here, or in Europe for that matter. He can't help any team if he can't stay fit to play (and he can't!).

It was only a matter of time before the inevitable Harge@ves to (insert Canadian team here) started showing up. I'm suprised it's taken this long. I suspect its just some lazy journalist creating a story out of nothing just to get a reaction. Nobody wants him here, or in Europe for that matter. He can't help any team if he can't stay fit to play (and he can't!).

He should retire on Sick Pay, as we are all completley sick of him (including most English fans, who never really accepted him anyway).

Oh yes, thats what we need, another player to pay while he recovers from injury after injury. Does MLSE have any managerial sence at all (rhetorical question)? Right now we desperatley need a couple of defenders, a solid enough playmaker, and somone who can bloody finish a goal AND is in good health. Its not that hard! However MSLE, no matter who the coach or managers are, continually insist upon making things harder upon this team than they need to be.

However that being said, even if that Red Devils reject was healthy, I still would'nt want him even playing with the reserve team, let alone the first. You had your shot at Canada A##hole, go resurrect your career in the English 10th tier. TFC fans deserve signings that will put smiles on our faces on and off the pitch.

My only objection to TFC hiring ********** is that he is clearly injury prone and would probably spend most of his time on sick leave. And I think censoring the word H-a-r-g-r-e-a-v-e-s in the forum is puerile frankly.

Yes, but its also fun.

as for Injury Prone; I think his last run out could be measured in seconds.

Oh yes, thats what we need, another player to pay while he recovers from injury after injury. Does MLSE have any managerial sence at all (rhetorical question)? Right now we desperatley need a couple of defenders, a solid enough playmaker, and somone who can bloody finish a goal AND is in good health. Its not that hard! However MSLE, no matter who the coach or managers are, continually insist upon making things harder upon this team than they need to be.

You seem to be under the impression that there's even an iota of truth to this.

Count my money as gone if this happens.

I would give my tickets to the nastiest crack hobo's I could find. And offer them money if they could prove to me later they actually went to the game instead of selling the ticket.

I'd find it hard to believe Winter could possibly be as stupid as all this. Can't say I'm exactly impressed with Team Winter yet but you have to at least give a guy a chance don't you?

Okay, I admit it. I would take a somewhat sinister delight in having OH trot out in a TFC uniform. The imagination goes riot.

You seriously think that's a major factor beyond the small minority of fans (1 or 2% maybe) that post on messageboards? Not keen on this but mainly because it looks like a marketing ploy more than a move to strengthen the team.

Well then it's up to us to get the word out there, I'll gladly pay for some flyer printing educating people on his history

Who's up for a season ticket burning? Nothing good will come of this, you will see a serious schism between the TFC Vs and CMNT fans and the English ex-pat/MUFC element, could get very nasty

Any chance you can get this schism On Rogers or shaw TV for all us Western based English ex-pat ?Anyone-But MUFCs to have a good laught at?:D

* Actually I take it back. Someone might think its a good idea to Offer him back to Alberta!:eek:

Archived