Keegan

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We gotta stop :

1) giving the ball away too cheaply.

2) giving away unnecessary corners.

3) giving them so much space.

4) playing players or putting player in the starting lineup in key offensive positions who posses poor first touches. One or two promising plays died because of poor touches.

As does alderson. . But we are not creating quality chances . End of half, If the nil nil score holds and if we see the same in second half, then it will speak more poorly about the English than saying anything positive about our team.
Does not seem to be any magic on the pitch....

Aleman looks good to me, he's our most creative player and we need him to continue.

Essa and Petrasso need to make more surging runs, someone needs to send one of them flying they are quicker than the England full backs. The runs we are making are way too slow, look at England they are making sprinting runs. Overall not a bad half, far too rigid when we are attacking they remind me of the men's team. We can't keep letting them shoot from distance, these kids are talented one of them is gonna hit the target.

Guest Brethers

Agreed, we haven't created too much in the final 3rd (where have we seen that before?) However I will give the guys credit as we haven't just sat back all game. Would like to second the post about Roberts looking good in goal, he seems composed and is verbal. Just get at them a bit more, we have some talent in there just need some belief!

I have no idea why Jalil stays in the lineup, he is one of the few (only?) not at an academy and it shows

Remember vs. the USA we had that other kid start, I forget his name but he looked good he's on the bench I saw him. Sucks about that stupid rule or I'm sure we'd have Hamilton out there. Edit: His name is Jay Chapman, just looked it up.

The broadcast announcer made a very key point and observation when he said that we " were maintaining possession for the sake of possession". This speaks volumes about what we have been seeing from Canada even at the gold cup.

We are thrilled to see the days of punt and run from the 1990's over and done over with. But we need to take the next step now, and that means possession with purpose or objective.

I have no idea why Jalil stays in the lineup, he is one of the few (only?) not at an academy and it shows

Remember vs. the USA we had that other kid start, I forget his name but he looked good he's on the bench I saw him. Sucks about that stupid rule or I'm sure we'd have Hamilton out there. Edit: His name is Jay Chapman, just looked it up.

Phew, thank god it's not only me who thinks that. Perhaps a hint to your answer lies in the profile of the player and comparing it to the coach's profile.

not so much doom and glom from my point of view... i've enjoyed some of the build up play and I have never seen Canada keep possession and build up slowly against a good opponent like they have on a few moves today... sure the final balls have been poor and obviously that needs to be addressed but in world football terms, England are a good side and we look like we belong.

I have been very impressed with Alderson and Aleman in that they look like real difference makers.

Second half will tell a lot I think, as will we add a final ball to any of our chances or will England step it up? Gotta watch their left midfielder as he has had a lot of space to run at our right back.

Archived