Little Bird to consider coming over to this side of the world?

BigBird

Both Littlebird and I have been travelling quite a bit in the US and also attending all the home matches in T.O. and he seems to be expressing interest coming over to this side of the continent. Both of us have been attending these matches in Toronto and the next games for sure against the whitecaps. He seems looking at this window, a vision, not sure when but has been asking me lots of questions of maybe in the future to get here and play in the MLS.., He is overwelmed with the south stands so far of every match he has watched in T.O and sees himself pleasing them very much. .

We will see if he tells me more in the near future it be nice getting him back here ...

Both Littlebird and I have been travelling quite a bit in the US and also attending all the home matches in T.O. and he seems to be expressing interest coming over to this side of the continent. Both of us have been attending these matches in Toronto and the next games for sure against the whitecaps. He seems looking at this window, a vision, not sure when but has been asking me lots of questions of maybe in the future to get here and play in the MLS.., He is overwelmed with the south stands so far of every match he has watched in T.O and sees himself pleasing them very much. .

We will see if he tells me more in the near future it be nice getting him back here ...

Who is little bird??

Lol. Nice one.

The problem with North America is of course there aren't many opportunities if things don't work out. If you don't stick with a given club in Europe, you can always drop a few levels, still make a living and hope to rise through the ranks. It's my impression though if you drop down to say, the CSL, than you might have to give up the dream. I can't imagine how a Simeon Jackson/Iain Hume story of rising through the ranks would look like in NA.

Naturally we wish him all the best in whatever he decides to do.

Lol. Nice one.

The problem with North America is of course there aren't many opportunities if things don't work out. If you don't stick with a given club in Europe, you can always drop a few levels, still make a living and hope to rise through the ranks. It's my impression though if you drop down to say, the CSL, than you might have to give up the dream. I can't imagine how a Simeon Jackson/Iain Hume story of rising through the ranks would look like in NA.

Naturally we wish him all the best in whatever he decides to do.

But you can always go back to Europe. Several Canadians who have been released cut or dropped from MLS sides have gone to Europe to continue their careers.

Also, I wonder how much of real difference there is financially when it comes MLS/NASL versus some of the third level or even some second level leagues in Europe. Many moons ago, I got a chance to attend some games in then lower divisions in Italy, and from my recollections the environment (ie.: facilities, attendance, fan support) was not dissimilar to what you get in NASL or USL. Take the Montreal impact as an example, they have been averaging ten thousand fans per game for about eight or nine years now and they play in a nice facility. Are they getting that in Serie C or even Serie B? So where could the possible revenues come from to pay higher salaries in Europe? Besides transfers.

Another thing about playing here is that you are not just another foreigner or just another

number. You are valued here because of your nationality. That's a big plus and the fans will really give you the benefit of the doubt. The national team selectors get to see you more and get to know you better. If you can get more caps, that, in itself is a big career boost.

I wouldn't give up on the serie a dream just yet.

He has no intention of Given up his dream he has been looking at maybe in a year or two to switch over as he has somewhat bascially hinted his toughts to me but he has still the desire to get to a Serie A team but first he wants to get a good start, this his first complete season with Crotone in B as they have told him he will remain with them for this coming season and that he would not be loaned out to any lower divison this coming season. I guess he is just thinking ahead, his toughts are there. we will see.

He has no intention of Given up his dream he has been looking at maybe in a year or two to switch over as he has somewhat bascially hinted his toughts to me but he has still the desire to get to a Serie A team but first he wants to get a good start, this his first complete season with Crotone in B as they have told him he will remain with them for this coming season and that he would not be loaned out to any lower divison this coming season. I guess he is just thinking ahead, his toughts are there. we will see.

Frank, hypothetically speaking, in the current TFC 4-2-3-1 system where would you envision Julian playing? Is he a centre forward, a winger or a second striker/central attacking midfielder?

Frank, hypothetically speaking, in the current TFC 4-2-3-1 system where would you envision Julian playing? Is he a centre forward, a winger or a second striker/central attacking midfielder?

Well the one loan striker is what they play on crotone but ideally behind the striker is good but can play in both roles it depends what team they play and the opponents defending team but he can do both but for his maxiuim out put 2 strikers up front is favorable for him and you can play any system behind the two. But you need players that are specific designed and programed players to get that job done it. It means nothing if you do not have that right ones in the right roles not even if messi came to tfc the back bone of any attacker is the midfield I think and from what i see in Europe . Each players has a function maybe 2 at the outside of position on a team here I've seen with my very own eyes one player playing 4 different position in one game you can not do that it's ineffective and not productive to ulitmate results.

But I could say what I see but my vision are not of many in this forum because I mean try to mean well and at the same time try to be indifferent towards my little bird.

^Hold on a second, TO. We're hearing that Camilo is leaving out here. This would open up a roster spot, and some playing time for a number 10. He could learn from Chiumiento, who has actually played a fair number of Serie A games. Seems like a perfect fit. Is this a hypothetical loan move from Crotone, or a permanent deal?

No no you have it wrong there is nothing of such talks with littlebird as mentioned above he just visioning the thought of playing in the mls where ever down the road of his career nothing immediate

What are Crotone's prospects in Serie B and will they be seeking to find a more experienced frontman?

Has Julian had any more talks with the Canada staff (ie, Gold Cup involvement....WCQ in Fall)>?

Not anything since last call up. Im sure its all good as far as Littlebird is concerned he has made his comments and is ready when ever MNT requires his services.

As far we understand Crotone is not looking for any other front man currently they have very high hopes on Julian and in their plans for this coming season, they have indicated no trades nor any loans will considered to any other teams in lower divison in Italy which is nice and that he will remain as part of the first team and is expected to be seen more and more as time goes by.

Hey BigBird, take him to the Caps vs TFC games coming up and tell him winner takes all :)

We'd love to see him in a Caps uniform but until then best wishes on the Italian Plan. Here's hoping promotion for him and his club are in order.

Cheers

Hey BigBird, take him to the Caps vs TFC games coming up and tell him winner takes all :)

We'd love to see him in a Caps uniform but until then best wishes on the Italian Plan. Here's hoping promotion for him and his club are in order.

Cheers

We are attending the match And look forward to a good crowd and lots of fun. Thanks for your wishes in the future. I know that our family are exicited on his visions he tends to make his goals well in advance and sticks to them and never has ever let anyone down.

I'd prefer he stick it out in Italy and develop a Serie A or B career, where he is comfortable and has a history of scoring some goals. I suggest if he has a good August-September there is no reason he can't be part of our Round 2 qualifying in Fall.

Uccello is welcome at TFC any day of the week as far as I'm concerned. We need all the help we can get and he has a great attitude. Even when he didn't get to play for the Nats after being called up, he never complained and seemed grateful for the call up.

Seems like a good kid.

I'd prefer he stick it out in Italy and develop a Serie A or B career, where he is comfortable and has a history of scoring some goals. I suggest if he has a good August-September there is no reason he can't be part of our Round 2 qualifying in Fall.

My understanding of his intentions is that a plan of 2 years is here, not before, His vision of coming over to the MLS will be and after his contract is up with Crotone 2013. Now if Crotone gets to in Serie A by promotion then im sure too he will remain under a new contract with them.

if he does not get in serie A with Crotone and or on another team then at the end of his contract he will hopefully consider to come to MLS should a Serie A is not available to him....

Who knows things change rapidally in this sport

Archived