U17 World Cup - Canada vs. Uruguay June 19th

jpg75

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are we favourites to win this game?

No. The odds started at Uruguay 1.53 Draw 3.50 Canada 5.50. The current odds after everyone laid money on Uruguay are: Uruguay 1.30 Draw 4.33 Canada 8.50

IMO it seems a little excessive. After watching Argentina sucking big balls yesterday against France (who are a good team, but not that good), unless it was a one off, speaks highly to the mediocrity of the rest of the SA nations not named Brasil. Even our friendly against Ecuador was only 1-0. Not that any of us saw it, but unless we were run off the park and were lucky to not get destroyed i think we have atleast an outside shot at winning this game.

No. The odds started at Uruguay 1.53 Draw 3.50 Canada 5.50. The current odds after everyone laid money on Uruguay are: Uruguay 1.30 Draw 4.33 Canada 8.50

IMO it seems a little excessive. After watching Argentina sucking big balls yesterday against France (who are a good team, but not that good), unless it was a one off, speaks highly to the mediocrity of the rest of the SA nations not named

Brasil. Even our friendly against Ecuador was only 1-0. Not that any of us saw it, but unless we were run off the park and were lucky to not get destroyed i think we have atleast an outside shot at winning this game.

Jamaica lost by a narrow score to Japan yesterday. We can look for encouragement from that result. The SA sides other than brazil and Arg have always been formidable at youth tournaments. But, from what I can tell, this Uru side rely's on it's defensive strength

IMO it seems a little excessive. After watching Argentina sucking big balls yesterday against France (who are a good team, but not that good), unless it was a one off, speaks highly to the mediocrity of the rest of the SA nations not named Brasil. Even our friendly against Ecuador was only 1-0. Not that any of us saw it, but unless we were run off the park and were lucky to not get destroyed i think we have atleast an outside shot at winning this game.

Thats probably really great value on a Canada win. Typically oddsmakers use senior team reputations and tend to favor traditional powers in soccer when setting lines for youth games. I would'nt be too discouraged by that its probably much much closer. That said, SA sides tend to be very good in youth tournaments and usually good value vs european soccer powers, I can remember in the u-20 WC in Canada oddsmakers had Portugal as favorites vs Chile in a knockout game, when Chile where big favorites in reality and had a very good side and Portugal was mediocre at best and had their best player injured.

The odds just went up again, Uruguay paying 1.28 and Draw is 4.75. I checked out the prop bets, possibly the best value might be the Draw No Bet paying out 8.00 for Canada. If the game is a Draw you get your money back.

I like all of the Asian handicap bets; Canada +0.5 @3.35, Canada +1.5 @2.025 and Canada +2.5 @1.375 (are we going to lose by 3!? this is almost easy money).

england wins 2-0.

based on this match, canada should also beat Rwanda and a tie with england isn't unrealistic

Worth noting that canada's group plays in Pachuca which is at 6562 feet (2000 meters) above sea level.. Thats the bad news, the good news is that the countries of England and Uruguay are at a low elevation. Does anyone know how long that the squad has been in Pachuca?

Archived