Sandro Grande retires

http://www.rds.ca/soccer/chroniques/321286.html

Sandro has officially retired. This is the article i saw this morning on RDS. One of the best Quebec born players, hangs them up. Good luck to him in his new journey(technical director of a youth club), not sure which one. We will soon find out. Good for him, for trying to give back to the next generation!

Best wishes to Sandro on all your future endeavours. Lots of talent and tenacity.

He can always say that he scored against SPAIN. Thank you (and thank you for signing my son's hat during GC 2005) !

Always liked Sandro and loved him when he played in Comyagua against el tren do norte he dominated that game in the middle.

Hope he moves on to coach or be involved in some way.... Capital City FC missed chance to sign him for his last summer and then bring him on as a coach..too bad.

• 9 years later...

This is juicy stuff from Sandro.

I was at this game. Watch how the Spain fans behind the goal all stand up after the goal, many applauded. There was also a moment of applause for De Rosario, I somehow though it was when he was subbed but he wasn't subbed. It must have been after a run.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spain_canada/index/spielbericht/2312007

BTW, 16 years later our only players still active are Kenny and Atiba. 

Still active for Spain, Ramos, Reina and Joaquin.

35 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

This is juicy stuff from Sandro.

I was at this game. Watch how the Spain fans behind the goal all stand up after the goal, many applauded. There was also a moment of applause for De Rosario, I somehow though it was when he was subbed but he wasn't subbed. It must have been after a run.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spain_canada/index/spielbericht/2312007

BTW, 16 years later our only players still active are Kenny and Atiba. 

Still active for Spain, Ramos, Reina and Joaquin.

I remember Ramos being a fresh young prospect starting at RB and having Radzinski get the better of him for a lot of the match.  I remember commenting in the match thread that Tomasz was probably trying to put his best foot forward to impress for a possible transfer move to Spain if things at Fulham weren't to his liking.

4 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

I remember Ramos being a fresh young prospect starting at RB and having Radzinski get the better of him for a lot of the match.  I remember commenting in the match thread that Tomasz was probably trying to put his best foot forward to impress for a possible transfer move to Spain if things at Fulham weren't to his liking.

Oh you are right, it was Radz on Ramos. But I am pretty sure DeRo got an unexpected applause, because with Radz I would not have been so suprised. I think the fans did not know DeRo.

Do you have a link to our starting line up and subs that night?

I honestly miss the higher profile friendlies we have had during those years.  I was hoping, with the emergence of Davies and David, that we would have a return to those types of matches but Nations League stuff has taken over the MNT match format, so now in non-WCQ we end up playing Caribbean minnows in that process.

58 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Do you have a link to our starting line up and subs that night?

I honestly miss the higher profile friendlies we have had during those years.  I was hoping, with the emergence of Davies and David, that we would have a return to those types of matches but Nations League stuff has taken over the MNT match format, so now in non-WCQ we end up playing Caribbean minnows in that process.

It's on that transfermarkt link I put in.

Everyone was all excited about seeing Jamie Peters, but with the late goal coach thought we could get a result and chose to stay with the strongest squad.

Kenny was very good that day as well.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist