Starters for Canada vs Guadeloupe

Canada1

First off Canada's chances at winning on Saturday is in the hands of Hart. He needs to make much better decisions.

Attack as 4-3-3 defend as a 4-5-1.

Keeper: Milan Borjan

LB: Klukowski

CB: McKenna, Hainault

RB: Peters

Holding CM: Johnson

Attacking CM's: Hutch, Dero

Left Forward: Simpson

Centre Forward: Gerba

Right Forward: Jackson

All five attacking players are skilled and can score goals. Both outside forwards are to back tackle and the three centre mids are to stop the play down the middle by staying tight and shift to the play of the ball.

It is basically do or die on Sat. We need to win and win big.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Borjan

Peters-Mckenna-Hainault-De Jong

Johnson-Hutch

Jackson/Dero

Dero/Jackson Simpson

Friend

I think De Jong is still the man to go with despite a bad game vs the US. Johnson is a little more composed with the ball than Dunfield. Both Jackson or Dero

would be a good link between Hutch and the front three and can run on to balls coming off of Friend. Friend up front because he holds the ball up way better than Gerba and gives

the wingers a legitimate crossing option. In his shape Gerba looks like a sub to me. When he comes on I think the pressure is on the mid/wingers to create more for Ali while Friend

fits into the a 4-3-3 system better allowing more space for the wingers. I also like the idea of Jackson making clever runs off the ball with Friend, Simpson, and Dero sending him through.

Wont happen but what the heck...

-----------------------Borjan--------------------------

Someone-----Hainault---------McKenna-------Someone2

---------------------Hutchinson------------------------

Johnson----------------------------------------Simpson

-----------------------Jackson-------------------------

---------------Gerba-----------Friend------------------

I'm worried about the heat of Florida and KC over the next two games, I think that the line-up needs as many changes as possible to stretch the stamina of the team to allow the fittest possible team for KC and beyond. Sit Hirschfeld, Dunfield, Johnson, DeJong and Ledgerwood and put in Borjan, DeGuzeman, Gerba, Klukowski and Peters. If Canada is leading sub in Friend, Pacheco and Ricketts, if they are losing then Friend, Johnson and DeJong. Expand the player pool as much as possible.

To be a bit clearer on those subs, I'd expect neither DeGuzeman nor Gerba to play the full 90, as well I would expect there to be a resting of another of the mids, perhaps DeRo or Jackson as a third sub out. Friend for Ali, Pacheco for Deguzeman and either Rickets for Jackson or DeJong for DeRosario. I think that Klukowski at RB, DeJong at RM and Simpson as AM would be a very interesting set up for the end of a game.

I don't know what to think of the formations that prefer Friend to Gerba right now?

It's so, so bizarre.

It's not that knowledgable observers don't realize he's fat and playing at a lower level. It's that we see how he inexplicably raises his game for Canada every time, more than any other forward.

Wow...de Guzman haters....this is Julien we are talking about...give the dude a break...Knee surgery...calf problem...playing on a **** team....this canada team is the best quality he has played with since Spain....

Johnson on the wiong....too much speed....de Guzman in the Middle....too much smarts....switch up the keepers if only to cap the kid but Lars did not play himself out of a starting role...

Wow...de Guzman haters....this is Julien we are talking about...give the dude a break...Knee surgery...calf problem...playing on a **** team....this canada team is the best quality he has played with since Spain....Johnson on the wiong....too much speed....de Guzman in the Middle....too much smarts....switch up the keepers if only to cap the kid but Lars did not play himself out of a starting role...

I thought the position JDG played yesterday was great! The rest of the team didn't hear any of his put downs.

We have a core group of 4 midfield/attacking players that should form the foundation of our squad for the next 2 WCQ cycles - Simpson, Hutch, Johnson and Jackson. In this tournament Hart needs to keep these 4 guys on the field so they can develop chemistry and he needs to figure out how to deploy them positionally to get the most from them. If he figures out how to get them working well together, it sets us up nicely for the next 6 years.

I see Hutch and Johnson's two-way play as the future of our central midfield. I know people will say that talent wise JDG/Dero>Johnson, and based purely on skill level that's probably true. However I think Johnson's workrate, two ability and youth will probably be more important for this team going forward. I see Dero/JDG as the alternate options for the third player in the midfield. Either JDG starts behind Hutch/Johnson in a holding role or Dero starts ahead of them in an attacking role. I think JDG in the holding role should be our first choice. Dero as AM should be saved for when we need a spark off the bench or starting in games vs lower seeded opponents where we know we will dominate possession.

Wow...de Guzman haters....this is Julien we are talking about...give the dude a break...Knee surgery...calf problem...playing on a **** team....this canada team is the best quality he has played with since Spain....

Johnson on the wiong....too much speed....de Guzman in the Middle....too much smarts....switch up the keepers if only to cap the kid but Lars did not play himself out of a starting role...

Do you even watch TFC play? They actually do a little better when JDG isn't in the lineup. He hasn't been good since 2007.

I'd like to see the following:

Peters--------Hainault---------McKenna-------Klukowski

Jackson----------------------------------------Simpson

----------------------De Rosario----------------------

---------------Gerba-----------Friend------------------

Yeah, like against KC.

Oh, wait....

Do you even want to go down that road?

6-2 Philly Union? Pulled after half because he was awful out there?

MAN THAT DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER IS AWESOME.

But there's more than just that. We could go on all season with all the **** play that JDG has had.

Ledgerwood------Hainault----McKenna----Klukowski

-----------------------De Jong------------------------

Johnson----------------------------------------Simpson

--------------Hutchinson---De Rosario----------------

-------------------------Gerba--------------------------

I'd like to see the following:

Peters--------Hainault---------McKenna-------Klukowski

Jackson----------------------------------------Simpson

----------------------De Rosario----------------------