Gold Cup 2011 Canada - USA Pre-Match thread

forster01

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are the odds that someone will have a recording of the game up online at around 10ish? I don't get off work until 9:30 tonight :(

Not sure where you can watch a replay online but there will be plenty of televised replays if you are willing to watch into the early morning hours....

11:00PM Replay on Setanta

12:30AM Replay on Sportsnet East

1:00AM Replay on Sportsnet Ontario

1:30AM Replay on Sportsnet West

2:30AM Replay on Sportsnet Pacific (all times Eastern)

http://footballtvcanada.blogspot.com/

Bookmark the above link, it is a great website that is updated constantly. Very useful.

Not sure where you can watch a replay online but there will be plenty of televised replays if you are willing to watch into the early morning hours....

11:00PM Replay on Setanta

12:30AM Replay on Sportsnet East

1:00AM Replay on Sportsnet Ontario

1:30AM Replay on Sportsnet West

2:30AM Replay on Sportsnet Pacific (all times Eastern)

http://footballtvcanada.blogspot.com/

Bookmark the above link, it is a great website that is updated constantly. Very useful.

should've mentioned; I have no cable.

^some sort of calf injury, reports said he practiced with the reserve players against what is thought to be the starting mid trio of Hutchinson, Dunfield and DeRo ( Simpson and Johnson on the wings and Ali up front).

Toronto Viewing:

Duke of Gloucester

649 Yonge St.

West-End Viewing:

The Cock & Pheasant

#12 - 63 Queen Street S.

Mississauga, ON

Yonge St location would work best....why would you assume I would even be near Mississauga -j/k...good luck tonight boys....gotta log off now.

The record against the US for the past 20 years is not that good, but in recent years they seem more competitive, maybe the fact that this is Canada's big rival (from our perspective if not the American's) has helped. Lars stood on his head in 2002 to keep the game close, the last gold cup, with the disallowed tying goal was much better. How we do tonight will shed some light on how much progress if any has been made in the turn to the newer generation.

Realistically, playing the US in the US a tie would be a very good result, not scoring would be a failure, playing confident football without bunkering would be a sucess. Who the subs are and how they perform will be an interesting test, do we rely on the (reletively) older generation of Friend and Peters or do we look to Ricketts and JBB. Ricketts particularly interests me, is he a poacher in the sense that Gerba is only younger or is he something different.

Archived