Gold Cup 2011 Canada - USA Pre-Match thread

forster01

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if anyone wants a little pump up. Check out this recent video

US backline got chewed up real bad by Spain... They look slow, disorganized and discombobulated. On top of that, their midfielders did a horrible job of tracking back and picking up additional attackers. If this is any indication of what we can expect from US tomorrow, we better ****ing believe that we can win this game.

A-MEN!

See you all at the game!

^I don't think that result is any indication of what to expect tomorrow. Perhaps Onewyu might go to the bench, but Dempsey and Landycakes will be in at the start and and based on the last friendly I'm not convinced about out our backline right now let alone our general defensive set up throughout the field. Hopefully we have had some good training coming into this match and we'll pull off an upset in our underdog role.

If I were hart I would go like this

-----------------Gerba

-----Simpson - De Rosario - Jackson

-----------Dunfield - Hutchinson

Klukowski - McKenna - Hainault - Peters

----------------Hirschfeld

Gerba is the only striker worth a ****

Yes, tomorrow might be a great chance to get a win v. USA but as stated earlier, a draw would be a GREAT result. The USAvESP match is no indication of how things will be tomorrow, especially as they were playing Spain who could do that to any country barring Germany and Brazil on a given day.

Gerba won't start up top, but he'll play, no doubt. I can see us switch to a 4-3-1-2 at some point and try to put the back 4 under pressure.....but who knows....can't wait till 5pm PST!

If I were hart I would go like this

-----------------Gerba

-----Simpson - De Rosario - Jackson

-----------Dunfield - Hutchinson

Klukowski - McKenna - Hainault - Peters

----------------Hirschfeld

Gerba is the only striker worth a ****

^ Exactly. Has anyone thought that maybe Gerba IS our most talented striker? Just because he plays on a low club level team doesn't mean he isn't as talented as the guys who work, and yes many club teams have problems with his work ethic but they've also seen what he can do when he's on and Ali always seems to bring his game for Canada. Start him.

^ Exactly. Has anyone thought that maybe Gerba IS our most talented striker? Just because he plays on a low club level team doesn't mean he isn't as talented as the guys who work, and yes many club teams have problems with his work ethic but they've also seen what he can do when he's on and Ali always seems to bring his game for Canada. Start him.

Agreed 100%. At this point I'll be shocked if Friend gets anything more than the odd sub appearance for us in the tournament.

betting odds are getting pretty crazy in this game now... At bet365 Canada is now a 12 to 1 (+1200) underdog to pull off the upset and a draw is 5 to 1 (+500). I threw a few bucks on each to add to the entertainment this evening!

betting odds are getting pretty crazy in this game now... At bet365 Canada is now a 12 to 1 (+1200) underdog to pull off the upset and a draw is 5 to 1 (+500). I threw a few bucks on each to add to the entertainment this evening!

That's ridiculous, they started us off at 7.00! I wonder what the asian lines are at now, i was thinking of taking Canada +1.5

So the stadium is indoors and beautiful complete with air conditioning. The down side is they laid out rubber mats over the artificial turf and then put grass on top of that. Our guys got a chance to try it out yesterday and the comment was "it is shocking". The ball doesn't move right. No bounce. Grass moves under their feet. Big concern over injuries.

So the stadium is indoors and beautiful complete with air conditioning. The down side is they laid out rubber mats over the artificial turf and then put grass on top of that. Our guys got a chance to try it out yesterday and the comment was "it is shocking". The ball doesn't move right. No bounce. Grass moves under their feet. Big concern over injuries.

Is this day and age, why is stuff like this allowed?

Is this day and age, why is stuff like this allowed?

I guess this is what they have to do to get a large venue (70,000) for soccer. Most of these are football fields and they use the artificial turf. The problem is they just laid it. Quote: "It is like playing on a piece of carpet laid on a hardwood floor."

I guess this is what they have to do to get a large venue (70,000) for soccer. Most of these are football fields and they use the artificial turf. The problem is they just laid it. Quote: "It is like playing on a piece of carpet laid on a hardwood floor."

I don't mind putting grass on top of artificial turf, as long as it's done properly and with safety into consideration. This stinks of doing it on the cheap.

If it started at 7:1 and now pushed to 14.5:1, some heavy money was being put on the USA. Not sure what to think of that.

In our last 12 matches against the US we're 0 wins - 3 draws - 9 losses, -20 GD with only 3 goals scored... :D

If it started at 7:1 and now pushed to 14.5:1, some heavy money was being put on the USA. Not sure what to think of that.

If it makes you feel better the line on Honduras-Guatemala moved just as much and that ended up 0-0.

Archived