6/26/2011: Canada v. Germany

Vic

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sinclair is on the touch line with a bloody nose after catching an elbow to the face, but is let back on after a minute or 2's work by the trainers.

Not a player you want to lose, even more so considering Morace has already made 2 subs at the half. Kyle and Nault replaced by Parker and Gayle.

Now the commentator is going on about McLeod's Scottish descent..............

I sentence this idiot to 2 months in Alert to learn something about Canada................

Schmidt sounds more German than Canadian..........

I wonder in his view what is a Canadian name...........he's also commented on Caribbean influences in the Canadian team.

Did this guy get the job because he has a Brit accent?

Can't say I'm too disappointed with our WNT so far. Morace has done a phenomenal job in changing our style of play. Toe to toe Germany is just too imposing, not having let in a goal in ages.

Agree with that, although the Germans are clearly playing at a very high level Canada has looked good on occasion and has provided some entertaining football.

Very proud of that Canadian team. Never quit. Put in the first goal against Germany since more than a world cup. Congratulations girls and coaches ! All hopes are permitted for the rest of the tournament !!!

+1. They played quite well against the WC champs in their country.

A bit of a generous scoreline in our favour in the end. Germany should have score a goal or two in the second half with all the pressure they had. We did well in the first half though apart from two defensive lapses from Nault.

Brilliant goal from Sinclair though.

Didn't think Matheson was as good as she normally is, I thought she would have disrupted that German midfield a little more than she did.

I'm very proud of the result and it leaves me feeling very confident. From what I saw of the French earlier, they will struggle to keep within one goal of the Germans. I think we are set up very well to move out of group play.

Good job girls! Go Canada!!!

Archived