6/26/2011: Canada v. Germany

Vic

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those of you in Berlin - what's the atmosphere like there right now? Are people talking about the game/tournament?

I'm stationed outside the city, so can't give a street reaction, but there is a fair amount on the news. It's nowhere near as media-centric as the men's tournaments are, though. Still, the opening game is sold out, so at least the atmosphere will be good. Very little has been said about the Canadian team (obviously with the German's being a favourite). Ironically, the octopus (a new one, I guess) predicted a win for Canada.

Save your money and bet with your hearts.

Lineups according to Bild. Referee is Jacqui Melksham from Australia. Kulig and Filigno are the babies. Unless the Germans are playing games, Bajramaj is off form and third in her position. If Behringer and Popp are indeed on the bench we are very fortunate. And they would be very fortunate if Kelly Parker is on ours.

9n81Z

Canada training yesterday:

4hdja

For those living in Quebec who believe the Canadian women got a chance, the odds on Mise-O-Jeu are: Canada 16.00 Tie 7.50 Germany 1.01

Could be worth it

Anyone using Mise-O Jeu should be aware as you CANNOT bet on one match. You have to parlay your bet which means al least another selection.

This of course means better odds at losing even if you bet on Canada and they win. Only worth it if 2 underdogs win, as in a combined bet on Nigeria 13.00 and Canada 16.00

However a bet on Canada win and a likely Norway win will yield only 16.16 at Lotto Que versus for example BET 365 yielding 19.60

Since you cannot make a straight bet on any game or sport with Mise au Jeu make a bet with a friend or go online.

Another reason to go online is you can bet on Canada to win or tie which yields 5.50

In the last World Cup Brazil controlled almost the entire game but had real problems with Australia's speed and only eeked out a late goal in the quarters to get past them 3-2. A year later in South Korea the Australians beat them 1-0 and I'm not sure if they've played since. Brazil should of course get past them but both are pretty mysterious and it will be interesting to see what each has cooked up. Outside Canada/Germany this is the most interesting first-round game.

Any predictions? I'm going to be a dark cloud : 3-1 Germany.

Odds payoff on that is 11.00 while a Canada win is up to 26.00

I'll bet with a positive attitude and take Canada double chance Draw or Win @ 7.00 with my winnings from the France match

Canada starting XI - McLeod, Nault, Zurrer, Chapman, Wilkinson, Kyle, Schmidt, Matheson, Filigno, Tancredi, Sinclair

Germany starting XI - Angerer, Bartusiak, Peter, Krahn, Laudehr, Behringer, Prinz, Bresonik, Okoyino da Mbabi, Kulig, Garefrekes

I like it

Canada starting XI - McLeod, Nault, Zurrer, Chapman, Wilkinson, Kyle, Schmidt, Matheson, Filigno, Tancredi, Sinclair

Germany starting XI - Angerer, Bartusiak, Peter, Krahn, Laudehr, Behringer, Prinz, Bresonik, Okoyino da Mbabi, Kulig, Garefrekes

I like it

Bit of a surprise to see McLeod start over LeBlanc no?

McLeod makes an outstanding save from close range in the 10th minute, only to see the Germans hit the board on their next chance less than a minute later. Sinclair has had one good break, but put the shot over the bar. Still 1-0 Germany through 24 minutes.

Archived