Support Local Soccer video is out!

Admin

Thanks for everyone who participated. This is a short version of the video we wanted to get out prior to the Canada vs Ecuador game. It is designed for southern Ontario (TFC content so don't lose your sh!t)

We will have a longer more documentary style video out later.

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD ON THIS. If you have an account on this forum this video is NOT for you! Please pass it on via twitter, facebook ect.. you can also just link directly to the youtube video if you wan't to link to CSN.

Link to video on CSN

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great video and I'm not embarrassed (well maybe a little) to say it moved me. Hopefully the mainstream media will do their part this Gold Cup to let the general sporting public know what's going on. Keep up the good work!

Very good video, and hopefully something that will spark some interest in the Ecuador match. Is this short version being sent out to the soccer associations and clubs around S. Ontario?

What are the plans for the long edition, and then subsequent editions for Vancouver, Edmonton, Montreal, etc...? What are the plans in the grand scheme of things for this movement?

Great video and I'm not embarrassed (well maybe a little) to say it moved me. Hopefully the mainstream media will do their part this Gold Cup to let the general sporting public know what's going on. Keep up the good work!

http://www.thescore.com/buzz/articles/140944-win-support-local-soccer

www.thescore.com

Did my best to get it up on our website, and it is there. Obviously you know by the "talent" in the video that we (theScore) do care deeply about our national team, we just don't have the means to go out and get that contract sadly.

No women? I read somewhere that the future of football was feminine? :)

Good video, guys.

Make them show up.

We approached A LOT of people.

Of the four women that went on camera, two we could not use because of who they worked for.

We are getting all sorts of **** for having no women, but frankly they have to show up, and for the most part in the entire spectrum of soccer they do not. The myth of the soccer mom. It's dads that run the show. Yes there may be broader societal pressures at work, but don't **** on us for them (not saying you are doing that, but others are and I am fcking tired of it).

We have been trying to get women to write for CSN for more than a year. It would be easier to get Messi to have a blog.

No women? I read somewhere that the future of football was feminine? :)

Good video, guys.

Exactly what I thought. 400,000 girls and young women play in Canada and not a female to be seen. Terrible video as a promotion because it completely ignores the reality of players and fans in Canada, it just comes across as hormonal imbalance. Apart from being unconvincing. They all say the same thing, and in fact no one advances any reason to support the local game, they only talk about TFC. Makes no sense. Go to a CSL match should count, go to a women's match, a PDL, university soccer. All of that is local soccer, and if people go out to see those that has to count too. But no, only TFC. So its an ad for an MLSE product, not a promotion for local soccer at all.

And all those damn English accents, as if we once again had to be told what was right by someone with a more football-intelligent way of speaking. I seriously disliked it, and I support local soccer enough to buy tickets in Vancouver when I am in Spain and give them away to young fans, kids of family and friends, to give them a chance to see the Caps.

Honestly, I don't know what you guys were thinking... Volunteering your time, resources, initiative and passion for such a cause. You're not even paid professionals! The lack of females is insulting to humanity, and this beautiful country. Don't even get me started on mentioning a Canadian soccer club that is from the same city where this was filmed. Revolting! Absolutely worthless video! How dare you try and drum up support for our NT and Canadian soccer clubs... Fools! Get it right next time for pete's sake...

:)

Exactly what I thought. 400,000 girls and young women play in Canada and not a female to be seen. Terrible video as a promotion because it completely ignores the reality of players and fans in Canada, it just comes across as hormonal imbalance. Apart from being unconvincing. They all say the same thing, and in fact no one advances any reason to support the local game, they only talk about TFC. Makes no sense. Go to a CSL match should count, go to a women's match, a PDL, university soccer. All of that is local soccer, and if people go out to see those that has to count too. But no, only TFC. So its an ad for an MLSE product, not a promotion for local soccer at all.

And all those damn English accents, as if we once again had to be told what was right by someone with a more football-intelligent way of speaking. I seriously disliked it, and I support local soccer enough to buy tickets in Vancouver when I am in Spain and give them away to young fans, kids of family and friends, to give them a chance to see the Caps.

No female voices? They have to show up. Did you spend time contacting players? No, we did. They didn't show up. Sports guys did.

Did you see the raw footage to make selections from? No.

English voices? Is it really any surprise that the useable people best voices were professionals?

Ad for TFC? It's for ****ING SOUTHERN ONTARIO. Its shown in the stadium at BMO to get people out to Canada games.

People aren't convincing? What are they supposed to do slit their wrists on camera or have a nervous breakdown?

We are going to do this in Montreal and Vancouver. City specific versions and a larger documentary version. Should have taken the time to explain that in a 3 minute spot made by volunteers with only one day of time to shoot?

It's only introduced with TFC for a guy who immigrated to Canada and found the national team. So pull the fcking stick out of your ass.

Make them show up.

We approached A LOT of people.

Of the four women that went on camera, two we could not use because of who they worked for.

Was one of them Kara Lang? Even after her retirement, she still is the face of Canadian Women's soccer and would've been nice to see her on this video.

Nonetheless, kick ass video... gave me goosebumps!

Archived