Support Local Soccer video is out!

Admin

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly what I thought. 400,000 girls and young women play in Canada and not a female to be seen. Terrible video as a promotion because it completely ignores the reality of players and fans in Canada, it just comes across as hormonal imbalance. Apart from being unconvincing. They all say the same thing, and in fact no one advances any reason to support the local game, they only talk about TFC. Makes no sense. Go to a CSL match should count, go to a women's match, a PDL, university soccer. All of that is local soccer, and if people go out to see those that has to count too. But no, only TFC. So its an ad for an MLSE product, not a promotion for local soccer at all.

And all those damn English accents, as if we once again had to be told what was right by someone with a more football-intelligent way of speaking. I seriously disliked it, and I support local soccer enough to buy tickets in Vancouver when I am in Spain and give them away to young fans, kids of family and friends, to give them a chance to see the Caps.

Where can I donate to the fund for Unnamed Trialists "Support Local Soccer" video. He seems to have it all worked out and by the tone of his posts would surely convince anyone to be bitter. Incredibly inspirational UT.

ut, you need an editor.

----------------------------

thanks for taking time out of your lives to further soccer in canada. That must've been difficult to organize and i'm sorry i didn't contribute in any way. Next time i'd like to do so, because i have some ideas i think can improve your project and reach out to more people.

I noticed you lacked any female presence in your video. I don't think this is because you are sexist and hate women, why would i assume this? I would like to help you find women to speak on camera, to better represent canadian fans and players as a whole.

Finally, i feel that there is too much emphasis on tfc. Csl and grassroots soccer are of equal importance and arguably more "local" than mlse's franchise. I think next time we should try to drum up support for these causes.

Again, good first effort. Let me know how i can help with the next one.

-sincerely,

a. Normal person

-------------------

i think he has some decent points here. Discuss. :)

^1000 internets for this man

UT, you need an editor.

----------------------------

Thanks for taking time out of your lives to further soccer in Canada. That must've been difficult to organize and I'm sorry I didn't contribute in any way. Next time I'd like to do so, because I have some ideas I think can improve your project and reach out to more people.

I noticed you lacked any female presence in your video. I don't think this is because you are sexist and hate women, why would I assume this? I would like to help you find women to speak on camera, to better represent Canadian fans and players as a whole.

Finally, I feel that there is too much emphasis on TFC. CSL and grassroots soccer are of equal importance and arguably more "local" than MLSE's franchise. I think next time we should try to drum up support for these causes.

Again, good first effort. Let me know how I can help with the next one.

-Sincerely,

A. Normal Person

-------------------

I think he has some decent points here. Discuss. :)

When I publish in a proper publication I have editors, have had literally dozens of them. Some know what they are doing, others do not. Some are amazing and help, others are useless. The useless ones do what you have done, look to be politically correct, try to clean up anything that is not generic, remove all character traits of the writer, and make errors that were not there in the original and themselves should be thrown past another editor.

On a fan forum you don't need an editor, you write what you please in the tone you please. If others don't like it they get to say why in the way they please. That is what makes it fun. If you think things should be written like an instruction manual for a lawnmower you now know why the vast majority of fans avoid these kinds of boards.

Anyone teaching media or advertising or marketing to first year students, ie 18 year olds, would have give that video anywhere from an F to a C+. The proper solution would have been to send it back and ask for it to be done again properly. The latter being generous. Stop pattting each other on the back for good effort and admit it is nowhere near "convincing".

Take it or leave it: look, I teach at degree-granting art and design institutions in Spain and Canada, sometimes waiting lists for my classes can be twice as long as those already admitted. So students I get are ready for high demands and are not bothered by any reputation I may have as hard. Good learners do not shun from high standards, and should never be overjoyed by crap. Which is what I am criticizing here.

Take it or leave it: look, I teach at degree-granting art and design institutions in Spain and Canada, sometimes waiting lists for my classes can be twice as long as those already admitted. So students I get are ready for high demands and are not bothered by any reputation I may have as hard. Good learners do not shun from high standards, and should never be overjoyed by crap. Which is what I am criticizing here.

*sigh* OK I'll edit this for you too...

--------------------

Behold! I am a man of great importance. Unrelated stuff about my job and how awesome I am. More things about how sought after my superior mind is... and now I'll loosely tie this back into the discussion by saying I'm trying to help you ... and done. Eat it, peasants!

-------------------

I created this 'twibbon' for the support local football video and the upcoming Gold Cup. http://twibbon.com/join/Support-Local-Football If you're on twitter it's an inexpensive way to support the cause. You will not have to follow me in order to get this and if twibbon makes you a follower just unfollow them. Thanks

EDIT- BTW I should clarify, by inexpensive I mean free.

POST OF THE YEAR CANDIDATE! Well done Soju.

holy ****e i haven't laughed that hard in a while!

--------------------

Behold! I am a man of great importance. Unrelated stuff about my job and how awesome I am. More things about how sought after my superior mind is... and now I'll loosely tie this back into the discussion by saying I'm trying to help you ... and done. Eat it, peasants!

-------------------

--------------------

-------------------

Sigh, ok, I'll edit this for you (with a little help from what I remember from doing media studies with Ali G).

---------------

Hey bros? We done did a fine video there wit ar frends toking 'bout dat footboll we laik so much. Was a well right video, me mates come out lookin' real fine, make me laff all right. When we go see sum footy wit we leave our ladies at home, dat's where they belong, doin' their knittin' an all. We even got real ahtentic Brit accents to show how right loyal we ar to de game. You ain't never seen so many proper hormones all rubbin' each udder's backs and saying "you did right well there my man, an' if some prat don laik it, he can put it up his arse"

Now all six of you can correct where I blew the right proper Ali G language. And go back to being a deluded baker's dozen of sectarian freaks.

Sigh, ok, I'll edit this for you (with a little help from what I remember from doing media studies with Ali G).

---------------

Hey bros? We done did a fine video there wit ar frends toking 'bout dat footboll we laik so much. Was a well right video, me mates come out lookin' real fine, make me laff all right. When we go see sum footy wit we leave our ladies at home, dat's where they belong, doin' their knittin' an all. We even got real ahtentic Brit accents to show how right loyal we ar to de game. You ain't never seen so many proper hormones all rubbin' each udder's backs and saying "you did right well there my man, an' if some prat don laik it, he can put it up his arse"

Now all six of you can correct where I blew the right proper Ali G language. And go back to being a deluded baker's dozen of sectarian freaks.

LOL! Awesome!

Now we have to get you to rap it on camera!!! :)

I do have a story for you I think you will appreciate.

The funny thing about all this sexist talk, is that we had at least 10 females at the event and not one of them wanted to speak (during the time I was present). We provided a few scripted sheets that they could read from, however they felt like it was beyond them. Maybe they were just not as passionate about the cause as the guys that were there. Doesn't at all mean ladies were excluded.

Archived