FC Edmonton v. Atlanta Siverbacks - May 7, 2011

Apparently the local media waits until we get thumped before they make comments!

Edmonton AM (Radio) could even explain how the Canadian championship worked. I hold no truck with any comments regarding its a new concept-The suppose to be professional Broadcasters, who should do their Job properly!

However should FCE grow enough to become an MLS brand in the next, say Five to Ten years, then they'll be all over the Club lke a rash. (Yes I know, wishful thinking and all that)

Still, Lazy Journalism? Who'd a thunk It?.

I'm going to check the Online paper's now in the hope that I'm been overly sensitive

"Nobody likes us but we dont care do-Da do -Da"

From the Atlanta Silverbacks, who have been very good about posting videos to youtube. (*cough*cough* rest of league step up.) Porter's goal was awful cheeky, and he got a little help from the defender.

Just skip the first minute - the announcers are saying "Happy Mothers Day" and advertising the next home game.

Guest Enceladus09
Well I think it may have had to do with it wasn't as family friendly as he may have thought. I am not just talking about us at all! The Foote game brought out a lot of soccer know hows, who cursed and jeered those red cards even more vehemently then I did. Yeah, I saw more bar crowd then soccer mom/dad crowd there. If we had a different facility it could accommodate and pander more to a wider variety of fans.

I have to agree entirely. Speaking as one of those loudmouths I am still confused as to why they don't have a family section (eg. eskimoes @ commonwealth). My brother and I tried to keep the language to a minimum but I am sad to say that it wasn't always successful. What can you expect with an effort like that with some awful officiating to boot?

Although I was impressed with how many of the fans around us knew their soccer. We were able to discuss EPL and Bundesliga with some knowledgable people which was pretty cool. I am looking forward to the 23rd.

Side note: The best part of the night was when we were yelling at the red card and the lady behind us asked us to sit down. Her husband then told her to leave us alone. It was a soccer match and not a tennis match!!!

I have to agree entirely. Speaking as one of those loudmouths I am still confused as to why they don't have a family section (eg. eskimoes @ commonwealth). My brother and I tried to keep the language to a minimum but I am sad to say that it wasn't always successful. What can you expect with an effort like that with some awful officiating to boot?

Although I was impressed with how many of the fans around us knew their soccer. We were able to discuss EPL and Bundesliga with some knowledgable people which was pretty cool. I am looking forward to the 23rd.

Side note: The best part of the night was when we were yelling at the red card and the lady behind us asked us to sit down. Her husband then told her to leave us alone. It was a soccer match and not a tennis match!!!

I love it. Honesty I know that we had some dirty looks (especially around the red cards) but otherwise it was very positive feedback from fans about the ESG and our chants/songs etc. I think that as long as we keep it relatively clean we'll be ok (which is too bad, I just came up with one this morning that consists mostly of words that would get starred out here...)

I was also impressed with the number of soccer fans that were at the game. It wasn't strickly mom, dad and jr all over, and then us screaming in the corner as I was expecting. It's good to see interest from football fans in the city. Hopefully we see them again against Minnesota.

Archived