Montreal Impact @ FC Edmonton 05-01-2011 (R)

Mr.Impact

I am very excited about this game, and I am curious as to if any of the Montréal ultras will be there. I am very happy that we will have the second most professional broadcast after the Impact on Radio-Canada. I hope a couple of our games will be on Radio-Canada.

They don't even cover every Montreal home game, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the SRC to start airing FCE games.

I am very excited about this game, and I am curious as to if any of the Montréal ultras will be there. I am very happy that we will have the second most professional broadcast after the Impact on Radio-Canada. I hope a couple of our games will be on Radio-Canada.

Saturday June 4th Edmonton at Montreal 14:30 EST on Radio-Canada.

Very nice internet stream and commentary, by USL/NASL standards.

I don't know the Edmonton players, but the commentators mentioned that the keeper is experienced.... seems strange, he was really nervous and all over the place flapping. Center backs weren't very good either, not many of Montreal's goals came off really amazing play, just guys either left alone or allowed to crowd the keeper.

Edm 0 Mtl 5 Fulltime

MON: A. Gerba (Kreamalmeyer) 9'

MON: A. Le Gall (Tsiskaridze) 31'

MON: A. Gerba (Kreamalmeyer) 36'

MON: N. Pizzolitto 86' (PK)

MON: I. Ech Chergui 90'

DISCIPLINE

MON: A. Ribeiro 13'

EDM: S. Saiko 31'

MON: A. Le Gall 74'

EDM: R. Baart 84' RED

EDM: P. Hamilton 90'

Never a sending off for Baart. What was the referee thinking??!???

He had another bad game and his own and his defenders confidence in him looked very precarious. Enforced change in goals for the next game - so we will see how that turn out.

Another hard game for FCE - hopefully some lessons learned. Perhaps time to change the team up a bit....what has happened to Cox????

Impact have played very poorly so far this year so nice to see a good effort. FCE not very impressive but Baart looked about two divisions below NASL level tonight. Your foreign players should be your best players not your worst. There are a myriad of NASL backup keepers better than that. Hopefully for FCE the backup will be better and win the position. Red card was completely deserved, a foot to the head/upper body is a red card in any situation. Made no difference in the outcome other than the scoreline but had to be given.

Never a sending off for Baart. What was the referee thinking??!???

He had another bad game and his own and his defenders confidence in him looked very precarious. Enforced change in goals for the next game - so we will see how that turn out.

Another hard game for FCE - hopefully some lessons learned. Perhaps time to change the team up a bit....what has happened to Cox????

Alas, it is not allowed to impede a players progress with a foot to the face. Too bad really :)

Guest Enceladus09

It wasn't just that Montreal looked good. FC Edmonton played horribly and would have lost to the youth teams that played at the half. The passing was absolutely brutal. It was sloppy and chaotic. And how many times did we have the position on a ball and then loose it on the jump? When we have such a small team, as FC Edmonton is, we have to make up for it with speed and effort. Both were lacking last night. How many runs died when Druberry became involved? He may have had the bad luck of being in front of the GA seats which made him stick out even worse but it got very frustrating and I was glad they made the substituion at the half. On the other hand I was happy to see the effort Hamilton put on the field for the entire match, even with a couple of bad mistakes. Both FC Edmonton home matches have shown him to be very reliable to put in a great effort even in a lost cause. I am hoping that he may be the leader this defence desperately needs when he gets more experience.

There is a lot of work left to be done but we are still in it after a well played road trip. I am hoping to see a much better match on the 23rd.

From last season, FCE have not improved much but the newer players are still bedding in. The striker - Michael Cox - who played most games last season has not featured this. We are playing against teams that have recent international players and are clearly a cut above where we are at. A mistake at this level against TFC and Montreal and you get punished.

Edmonton's biggest problem besides their poor goal tending, was the field. I watched parts of their previous games, and this team was definitely hindered by the pitch. Edmonton is a ball to the ground possession team, and the concrete they were playing on as well as the football lines disadvantaged them.

The field also takes away a lot, in the overall football experience for the fans. Hopefully this stadium is a short term solution, because otherwise it's really going to hurt what seems to be a serious ownership group. They have build a talented young and mostly Canadian side. It's a shame that they have to shoot themselves in the foot, evey time they play at home.

Any possibility of converting that connected practice/track stadium which seems to have a better playing surface?

IMFC got just what the doctor ordered in terms of a result. They will be growing in confidence in their offense going into their crucial VCUP match up on Wednesday.

On the other hand I was happy to see the effort Hamilton put on the field for the entire match, even with a couple of bad mistakes. Both FC Edmonton home matches have shown him to be very reliable to put in a great effort even in a lost cause. I am hoping that he may be the leader this defence desperately needs when he gets more experience.

What were the mistakes he made? Did they result directly in goals? How did he handle marking Gerba?

Archived