FC Edmonton @ Atlanta Silverbacks 04/14/11

Missed the first 15 minutes... FCE is looking real good, they were all over Atlanta, creating lots of chances. For the amount of time the Atlanta announcers were saying the Silverbacks had improved significantly from earlier, FCE much have really beat the snot out of them in the opeing minutes, cause FCE was still running circles around them.

Im impressed with the Atlanta broadcast. Definitely better than last weeks broadcast.

Yep! love the balanced commentary!

Obviously they never watched a game where the oposition go up a goal early and sit back on the break.

Nice to see the Jolly green Bartman come through at the end though. should have been 2-0 to FCE.

Still, Top of the League cant complain.

with 300 views on the stream and 3000+ in the ground, can't complain about the attendance either.

Over to You guys at Beer central?

Im impressed with the Atlanta broadcast. Definitely better than last weeks broadcast.

Are you talking video quality. The announcers brought dumbing down to a new (low) level.

also hoping its nothing serious with Semenets as he looked great in the last game. Cant believe we missed that open net at the end. haha. but the game should of been blown to an end before that. I also think im gonna record all the games i can from now on and make my own highlight packages since the NASL isnt doing so.

After dominating for so much of the game, Edmonton* seemed to really slack off towards the end. Even after Atlanta went down to 10, they actually seemed to pick up a bit. Would have said well deserved victory, but with that finish FCE were lucky not to draw.

*We need to get a nickname for Edmonton. Neither "FCE" or "Edmonton" particularly roll off the tongue. Hopefully something funny happens at the season opener which the team can be named after.

Great match for FC Edmonton! Looked very composed in possession for much of the match. Smith has some tricks on the right flank. Hopefully the season continues as it's started. Rein Baart is absolutely massive in goal from what I've seen, commands the box well, has good positioning and isn't afraid to come out and take the ball when necessary. But then again he's a 39 year old veteran of the Eredivisie, so I suppose that skill set is expected.

Are you talking video quality. The announcers brought dumbing down to a new (low) level.

I wasnt paying too much attention to the announcers as i was caught up in the little chat on the right. but they sounded a little better that that dude from the strikers game. also the replays were done better, although they could of used more. LAst of all the quality of the stream was better for me than the last stream.

Obviously they have never heard the terms, Uprights, Crossbar or Woodwork. I even think they were struggling with the concept of the word touchline! LOL

Pictures and camera angle were decent. but the stream speed struggled a little (however, that might have been my notebook ). Hope the feed was more TV like in Sports Central.

After dominating for so much of the game, Edmonton* seemed to really slack off towards the end. Even after Atlanta went down to 10, they actually seemed to pick up a bit. Would have said well deserved victory, but with that finish FCE were lucky not to draw.

*We need to get a nickname for Edmonton. Neither "FCE" or "Edmonton" particularly roll off the tongue. Hopefully something funny happens at the season opener which the team can be named after.

How about the wanderers, as we have our first three games on the road?

Great match for FC Edmonton! Looked very composed in possession for much of the match. Smith has some tricks on the right flank. Hopefully the season continues as it's started. Rein Baart is absolutely massive in goal from what I've seen, commands the box well, has good positioning and isn't afraid to come out and take the ball when necessary. But then again he's a 39 year old veteran of the Eredivisie, so I suppose that skill set is expected.

Totally conur with that sentiment on the Jolly orange giant. You don't play most of your 37 years in Holland without been competent. 5'11" or not!

At this level his match craft and timing are excellent so far. Hope Jas is watching intently.

Darn , wish I put money on with his detractors when he first joined. :D

Remember, stature can be measured in more than just Inches;)

Obviously they have never heard the terms, Uprights, Crossbar or Woodwork. I even think they were struggling with the concept of the word touchline! LOL

Pictures and camera angle were decent. but the stream speed struggled a little (however, that might have been my notebook ). Hope the feed was more TV like in Sports Central.

Yeah, I recall one of their calls of a ball "under the crossbar" that was three feet wide (and not all that far off the turf to boot) :rolleyes:

Stream worked great for me on the desktop, no complaints there.

How about the wanderers, as we have our first three games on the road?

Aye, and then they play at Commonwealth, away from their "home" of Foote. And then (hopefully) they build a stadium at the Victoria Soccer Club, and move there. So Wanderers or Rovers seems to fit nicely.

As further note, I looked up the Victoria Soccer Club to make sure I was getting the name right, and they seem very... German.

2q9mbli.jpg

Aye, and then they play at Commonwealth, away from their "home" of Foote. And then (hopefully) they build a stadium at the Victoria Soccer Club, and move there. So Wanderers or Rovers seems to fit nicely.

As further note, I looked up the Victoria Soccer Club to make sure I was getting the name right, and they seem very... German.

2q9mbli.jpg

We'd have to be " ZEE VONDERERS" then?

(guess what my favorite soccer film is eh?)

Archived