Samir Fazli? - Heerenveen

chris_yk

Was just looking around on wikipedia and came across the page for SC Heerenveen striker Samir Fazli:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samir_Fazli

He's born in 1991 and played 6 games for the Macedonian Under-21s but it says he spent some time in Canada and went to high school in Edmonton. I know it's just wikipedia but I thought it was interesting, does anyone know of any possible connection to Canada for this guy? He is getting first team games in the Eredivisie

Weird, I searched the name on facebook and found a guy who went to Jasper High School and if you see the pics he's in hes at a Canada MNT game with the Vs. Is someone pulling our leg?

Not the same guy

resize.asp?website=implementatie&width=400&height=419ℑ=md13901.jpg

I won't link that guys facebook photo but yeah search it up. Strange coincidence

Macedonia is no great guns footballing or otherwise. The region is a shambles. But yes, a decent team and you get to play Euro qualifiers so that's nice for sure. But, if the option between Macedonia and Canada....I could see that being a tough choice especially with MLS doing so well. Though not better than the top Dutch flight! Obviously.

• 2 weeks later...

haha wow this is actually pretty funny. I was playing football manager 2010, and I was wondering what would happen if i search my name in there and i ended up getting the macedonian guy's profile. i was freaked out man. btw if you haven't realized im the samir fazli from canada. I went on google to see if the player exists and ended up on his wiki page and read the thing about him going to my school at JP in edmonton.

i've always gotten these random friend invites on facebook from people in macedonia but i guess this would explain it.

btw the way the canada football pics are from the 2007 u-20 world cup here in edmonton. I'm a big soccer (football) fan so i went to all the games. . chile was by far the best team back then......and the now famous udinese player Alexis Sanchez was amazing in that tournament. I play soccer myself, in a local mens league team

anyway, hope this helps with the confusion. and i hope this guy becomes famous so that the fifa games have a record of his name and the commentators in the game can prounance my name properly haha

haha wow this is actually pretty funny. I was playing football manager 2010, and I was wondering what would happen if i search my name in there and i ended up getting the macedonian guy's profile. i was freaked out man. btw if you haven't realized im the samir fazli from canada. I went on google to see if the player exists and ended up on his wiki page and read the thing about him going to my school at JP in edmonton.

i've always gotten these random friend invites on facebook from people in macedonia but i guess this would explain it.

btw the way the canada football pics are from the 2007 u-20 world cup here in edmonton. I'm a big soccer (football) fan so i went to all the games. . chile was by far the best team back then......and the now famous udinese player Alexis Sanchez was amazing in that tournament. I play soccer myself, in a local mens league team

anyway, hope this helps with the confusion. and i hope this guy becomes famous so that the fifa games have a record of his name and the commentators in the game can prounance my name properly haha

Man I wish that too... I hate making dudes with other peoples names.

Archived