CAPS @ DYNAMO: Sunday April 10

Danny Boy

Figured it's time to clear the taste of bad reffing from our mouths and talk about the Houston game. Caps looking for their first road win and Houston for their first win period. I think the pressure is on the Houston team to win and if the Caps can stop getting carded it will be 2-1 for the Caps.

Possible lineup?

Cannon

Rochat-Boxall-Demerit-Leathers

Wagner-DC-Thorrington-Teibert

Camilo-Harris

oh and Salgado to get an appearance in front of Texan family.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great timing for Salgado to come back to the Caps. Glad his clearance went through and glad US lost to Guatemala :)

Nice to have Teibert, Demerit & DC back. Harris has been the true work horse for Teitur so far. Not that the rest of the team doesn't but he has been very effective at holding and recovering the ball. Hopefully he will hit the back of the net a few times on Sunday. Camilo, just stop the flop routine dude. You should be above that. You are good enough that you don't need to be cheap.

I would put Khalfan in place of Wagner and Nolly in net.

I'd go with:

-----------Camilo---------Harris--------------

Teibert--Thorrington-----Harmse----Chiumiento

Rochat----Boxall------Demerit--------Leathers

-----------------Nolly-----------------------

Subs: Salgado in for either Camilo or Harris, Khalfan in for Teibert, Knight in for Harmse and push Chiumiento to a more central role with Wes on the right... assuming it's still at nils around the hour mark... Subs not used: Cannon, Tan, Ducket, Salinas

It makes little to no sense to me to have Harris, Camilo, and Davide out to begin the game if Davide is going to be deployed in a central role... He is to much of an attackminded player... He can push if the game goes long into the match with no score, but i fear the worst in this game if we are slack defending... The Caps have shown to have fitness superiority over everyone we've played thus far, which is why I have no problem dialing it up a notch in the last half hour

^ Given the injuries, I'd like to Rochat a D-mid in for Harmse and have Wagner keep his spot at left back. I'm pretty certain that Rochat would be an upgrade on Harmse at D-mid.

I have Harmse playing CM, not CB- That's Boxall and Demerit.

edit, nevermind, I see what you're saying...and hubly disagree. Rochat is a Centre Half or Full Back... Harmse/Morfaw/ and Thorrington is the midfield I'd suspect We'll see in Houston.

I'd have to agree with pushing Rochat into a defensive midfield role he will cover back anyway and support a pretty tight centre back situation and afford him the opp to push up and distribute as well which he has shown he can do.

If they (WFC) did this then Thiebert and Chiumiento on the wings would be ultra dangerous with Rochat cleaning up and dishing off.

^^^^^Well then it would have to be Khalfan setting up top to hold for his wingers, wow are we ever thin in the middle now.

----------------------Nolly-----------------------

Leathers-----Boxall-----DeMerit-----Wagner

----------------------Rochat---------------------

------Chiumiento-----------------Thiebert-----

----------------------Khalfan-------------------

-----------Harris----------------Camilo--------

Who knows we may see Gashi or Stewart this weekend

The Mexican league has been using it for a couple years now. MLS started using it this year. It fades away after 30 seconds or so.

What I find interesting is that this game is on all 4 Sportsnet regions and not just Pacific as the previous games have been. How can they do that if TSN has the national MLS broadcast rights?

Disappointing performance from Vancouver, poor defending, no faith in playing the ball and having possession, no guts. Worst show of the year so far. Nolly probably was wrong on the 3rd Houston goal. Pretty concerned, can't chuck out a game that easily, you have got to show a lot more. You can't rely on last minute miracles and all that, a bad formula if you want results.

We need to have a game where we shut out the opposition, play closer together, and start building from the back, all those goals are fun but in the end will kill us if we have no committment to defence.

Hainault was good for Houston, all power to him.

I thought Nolly had the right idea on the third goal: Bruin had miles of open space and Nolly did have a chance to get to that ball. If Nolly had stayed back. Bruin could have walked in on goal at his leisure. Nolly made the higher-percentage play that didn't pay off.

Wow, Teitur absolutely lost the plot there. You can't play that kick and chase in those conditions. Absolutely ridiculous to try. It's going to be a long summer away if he doesn't figure this out quick. And the subsitutions were poor. It would be hard to argue that Wagner was more **** that Khalfan, but Akloul hasn't played in a year and you want him to be a midfielder? I can't understand why Rochat didn't move out to left back, bringing Chiumiento in the middle (not that he looked the least bit interested in competing) and push Wagner (or Khalfan) out to the wing. What a mess. And Nolly? Is that the worst performance in terms of distribution in the history of MLS? WTF?

Archived