Canadians abroad: April 8-14, 2011

DJT

Pretty successful season for Simeon when you consider that his club looks to be going to the Prem.

They may be going to the Prem but is Simeon? He has only scored in 4 matches this season, Holt is their clear #1 striker and you can only imagine that a few more will be brought in if they do go up. I would have liked to have seen him make more of an impact than he has but there are still matches left and he seems to be coming into form. You've gotta think he's in line for a start next match.

They may be going to the Prem but is Simeon? He has only scored in 4 matches this season, Holt is their clear #1 striker and you can only imagine that a few more will be brought in if they do go up. I would have liked to have seen him make more of an impact than he has but there are still matches left and he seems to be coming into form. You've gotta think he's in line for a start next match.

Jackson has scored 7 times in I think 34 appearances. Not a great strike rate (granted some of those apps have been 10 minutes in length). I think Lambert knows what qualities he has, but I also think that Lambert expected more out of Jacko earlier. The nice thing is that Jackson has 4 in the last 3 matches and Norwich is now in 3rd (out of automatic promotion), so it seems likely that a hot Simeon Jackson (not in that way - STFU) will get longer apps, mostly off the bench, in the next four/five matches.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Jackson, he saved them a very valuable point yesterday, if they make promotion by a single point you could argue that he helped the team to a 90 million pound windfall that is the Premiership! I'm not sure if he'll be in the plans if the team does in fact get promoted but I think Jackson has done enough late in the season to attract the interest of other Championship sides! What happens with Hume will also be very interesting, he has proven he can score at that level and his goals gave Preston North End a glimmer of hope for survival in the Championship, they weren't enough in the end and the team will be relegated to League One! I can't see Hume, who has a decent scoring rate going down with the club!

Hume seems to be loved wherever he goes, and has been on fire late this season. Could be argued that he's finally getting his true form back after the head injury. Would be nice if he could stick somewhere for a while and get a bit of a love-in with a team. He deserves it surely.

Hume seems to be loved wherever he goes, and has been on fire late this season. Could be argued that he's finally getting his true form back after the head injury. Would be nice if he could stick somewhere for a while and get a bit of a love-in with a team. He deserves it surely.

He's loved everywhere but with our Mens National Team!

Definitely, I'd even go as far as saying he's in the best form of his career right now. Amazing stuff.

Hutch plays 90 as PSV take a 2-0 lead and put a scare into Benfica (4-1 after first leg). Poor foul given away at the stroke of halftime and the free kick eventually makes its way to the net. Massive blow for the home side. They later give up a poor penalty and draw 2-2.

Hutch puts on a almost perfect performance - distribution was excellent, and wasn't afraid to take players on. Showed good skill with almost no giveaways from the center of the pitch. He received many kudos from the commentators.

After watching Liverpool, Barca, and Tottenham this week though, it was a hard game to watch. A million stoppages in play...

Archived