Canadians in NASL (2011 season)

June 15

FC Edmonton walloped(?) Puerto Rico 3-0 in Edmonton. Shaun Saiko scored and the Eddies lineup (not sure who played and I'm too tired to look) featured the following Canadians:

2- Adrian LeRoy-D

4- Alex Surprenant-D

6- Shaun Saiko-M

8- John Jonke-D

11- Paul Craig-F

12- Niko Saler-D

18- Paul Hamilton-D

19- Michael Cox-F

20- Chris Kooy-M

21- Dominic Oppong-M

24- Antonio Rago-D

27- Sam Lam-M

29- Kyle Porter-F

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

June 18

-Montreal draws 0-0 with Fort Lauderdale. Red Agourram (58' sub), Antonio Ribeiro (starter, subbed off in 78') and Simon Gatti (starter, yellow card, subbed off in 83') featured for Montreal.

-FC Tampa Bay lose 3-1 to Carolina. Mozzi Gyorio and Andres Arango (yellow card) both played the entire match for Tampa Bay

-FCE drew 1-1 with NSC Minnesota. Shaun Saiko scored for the Eddies (assist by Rago) and was sent off for a second yellow near the end of the match. Also featuring for FCE: Paul Hamilton, John Jonke, Alex Surprenant, Chris Kooy, Dominic Oppong, Kyle Porter, Daniel Antoniuk (Michael Cox 74), and (Sam Lam 80)

June 26

-FC Edmonton avenge two previous losses to Montreal with a 1-0 win in Edmonton. Kyle Porter scored the lone goal. Hamilton, Rago, Jonke, Suprenent, Kooy, and Porter all played 90 for FCE. Chris Lemire started and played 65 before getting subbed off for Alex Semenets, Kyle Yamada started and played 78 and Dominic Oppong started and was subbed off for Sam Lam in the 80th minute. That makes 9 out of the 11 FCE starters Canadian. Gatti and Ribeiro both went 90 for Montreal.

June 29

-FC Tampa Bay drew Fort Lauderdale 1-1 with Andres Arango playing 90 in Tampa Bay's back line.

-Montreal Impact drew Puerto Rico 0-0. Gatti and Gerba started the game, Gatti played 90 and Gerba went 82 minutes. Ribeiro subbed on in 74'.

July 3

-Caronlina 2-0 Montreal. Gatti and Gerba played 90. Ribeiro subbed on at the half.

July 4

-FC Tampa Bay 4-2 Fort Lauderdale. Andres Arango scored the first goal and was cautioned in the 59th minute. Both he and Mozzi Gyorio played the whole match.

"FC Tampa Bay took the early lead when defender Andres Arango headed in a corner kick from midfielder Pascal Millien in the 15th minute. It marked Arango's first goal of the season and Millien's second assist in 2011."

1309822647_a.jpg&w=650

-NSC Minnesota 1-1 FC Edmonton. Alex Suprenant scored the lone goal for FCE. Rago, Hamilton, Jonke, Oppong, Porter, Suprenant, Lemire and Saiko all played 90 for Edmonton. Yamada started played 88 before getting subbed off for Semenets.

July 13

-Montreal drew 1-1 at home to Fort Lauderdale. Gatti and Pizzolitto both went 90 with Pizzolitto assisting on Montreal's goal. Ribeiro started and went 58'.

-FCE draw 1-1 at home to the top of the table Carolina Railhawks. Rago, Hamilton, Suprenant, Kooy, and Oppong all went 90 for Edmonton. Saiko, Porter, and Yamada all started for Edmonton and were subbed off for Semenets (82'), Conrad Smith (67'), and Lemire (75'), respectively. Sailko scored FCE's goal on a pk in the 77th minute. John Jonke started and was red carded in the 22nd minute.

You forgot Mircea Ilcu for the Impact, Wandrille Lefèvre also played, I know he is french but he is probably also canadian.

Ah, good catch. I was going by their wiki pages, but Ilcu should definitely be added to the list. I couldn't find proof of Canadianship for Lefevre, so I will leave him off for now.

July 17

-Montreal Impact scored a 90th minute goal in order to save a 1-1 home draw against Atlanta. Gatti played 90 whereas Pizzoliotto started and subbed off for Marco Terminesi in the 76th minute. Gerba subbed on in the 68th minute.

-FCE fell 2-1 at home to FC Tampa Bay. Kyle Porter scored the lone FCE goal. Rago, Hamilton, Saler, Kooy, Saiko and Porter each went 90 minutes. Oppong started and went 76 minutes, Lemire subbed on in 62' and Yamada subbed off for Semenets in the 66th minute. Andres Arango and Mozzi Gyorio both went 90 for TB. Arango was named NASL defender of the week.

July 22

-Montreal lost 1-0 to Minnesota. Gatti, Pizzolitto and Ribiero all played 90. Terminesi played the second half and Gerba subbed on in 80'. Jack Stewart played 90 for Minnesota.

July 23

-FCE lost 4-1 to top of the table Carolina. Rago, Hamilton, Kooy, Suprenant, Saiko and Oppong all went 90. Porter started and subbed off for Lemire, whereas Yamada started and subbed off for Semenets in the 68th minute. Saiko scored Edmonton's only goal.

-Atlanta beat FCTB 2-1. Arango and Gyorio both played the entire match with Arango wearing the captain's armband.

July 27

-FCE lost 3-1 away to Tampa Bay. Jonke, Saler, Hamilton, Rago, Saiko and Kooy all went 90 for FCE. Semenets and Porter both subbed out in 67' with Lemire subbing on. Arango (captain again) and Gyorio both went 90 for Tampa Bay. Semenets scored for Edmonton.

July 30

-Edmonton lost 3-0 to Fort Lauderdale to end their terrible 3-loss roadtrip. Rago, Hamilton, Saler, Jonke, Kooy and Semenets all went 90 minutes for the Eddies. Saiko started and plated 71 before subbing out for Yamada, whereas Porter subbed on at the half.

July 31

-Montreal defeated Puerto Rico 1-0 in Montreal. Pizzolitto and Gatti both played the whole match for Montreal. Gerba started and played 85 before getting subbed off for Terminesi.

Aug 6

-Simon Gatti, Nevio Pizzolitto and Ali Gerba all started in Montreal's 3-1 loss to NSC Minnesota. Gerba subbed off in minute 73.

-FCE lost 1-0 to Puerto Rico on a 90+ minute goal. Rago, Hamilton, Sidra, Jonke, Kooy, Porter and Yamada all played 90. Lemire started and subbed off for Semenets in the 80th minute and Saiko subbed in in the 71st minute.

Aug 14

-Montreal took out Atlanta 4-0 tonight at Saputo Stadium. Mircea Ilcu scored the first goal and subbed off in 67'. Nevio Pizzolitto subbed on in the 75th and Reda Agourram came on in minute 83. Simon Gatti played the entire match.

-FCE draw 1-1 with Fort Lauderdale after letting in a late tying goal. Rago, Hamilton (goal), Sidra, Jonke, Kooy, and Yamada all went 90 for Edmonton. Oppong started and subbed on in 64', Lemire (assist) started and subbed off for Semenets in 83', and Cox started and subbed off for Paul Craig in 64'. Lemire was cautioned.

Aug 14

-Montreal took out Atlanta 4-0 tonight at Saputo Stadium. Mircea Ilcu scored the first goal and subbed off in 67'. Nevio Pizzolitto subbed on in the 75th and Reda Agourram came on in minute 83.

If I'm not mistaken, Gatti played 90'.

Aug. 13

-FCTB downed NSC Minnesota 2-0. Andres Arango and Mozzi Gyorio both played 90 minutes. Jack Stewart played the entire match for Minnesota.

Mozzi Gyorio can really play. I've seen him play a few times now and I'd be shocked if he doesn't get a look from the MLS soon.

Mozzi Gyorio can really play. I've seen him play a few times now and I'd be shocked if he doesn't get a look from the MLS soon.

How do you rate him in comparison to other U23 mids I'm guessing you've seen like Saiko and Lam?

Just to add this clip I found:

Mozzi scores the 3-3 equalizer... wow

August 20

-Montreal defeats NSC Minnesota 2-0 at Saputo Stadium. Gatti and Ilcu both start for the Impact. Ilcu assists on the first goal.

-TB lost 2-1 to Puerto Rico. Arango played the first half and Mozzi Gyorio went 90.

August 21

-FCE win 3-0 over Atlanta. Rago, Hamilton, Suprenant, Jonke, Kooy and Cox (2 goals) all went 90 for the Eddies. Oppong started and was subbed off for Porter in the 78th minute, Saiko (goal) started and subbed off for Duberry in the 82nd minute, Yamada started and subbed off in the 71st minute. Michael Cox won NASL offensive player of the week for his effort and Paul Hamilton won the defensive player of the week for his work at the CB position.

How do you rate him in comparison to other U23 mids I'm guessing you've seen like Saiko and Lam?

Just to add this clip I found:

Mozzi scores the 3-3 equalizer... wow

All 3 look good, and I think all three have big potential. I'd go 1-Lam, 2-Saiko, 3-Mozzi

• 3 weeks later...

Archived