2011 Nutrilite Canadian Championship prediction contest [R]

Attn ThiKu and Redcoatsforever:

Both of you listed Toronto-Edmonton (standard practice to list home team first) before Edmonton-Toronto, even though Edmonton is home for the first leg. However, I entered your results in chronological order, so the first TFC-EDM game you listed is for the April 27th match, the second for the week following. If you intended the opposite, let me know.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wouldn't a forum PM do the same thing? :)

Montreal 1 - 1 Vancouver

Edmonton 1 - 3 Toronto

Toronto 4 - 0 Edmonton

Vancouver 1 - 2 Montreal

Top Scorer: Stevanovic

Would I be able to change my top scorer to Maicon Santos?

If not, no big deal.

Thanks.

That's just fine. Just curious, is Stevanovic expected to be out long term?

Not that I know of, but I don't see him being used as much as I thought he would in this tournament. With Santos struggling, I'd expect to see him up front to find his footing again and saving Gordon for MLS matches.

2 hours left if you want to get in. Thanks to all who entered (over 70 between this thread and my blog). For those who submitted their picks on this thread instead of via email, I will be posting again after the semifinal ties soliciting your picks for the final, once the teams are known.

The standings after week 2:

http://oot-football.blogspot.com/2011/05/voyageurs-cup-pool-week-2-report.html

Cheeta still in the lead, but now tied.

For those of you who entered on this board instead of via email I will be requesting your picks in a few days. Please don't post anything yet. If you entered via email you should get something from me asking for your finals picks in a day or two.

"If you want to feel even worse about your picks, try this on for size: If you are at 7 or worse, you would have done just as well, or better, if you had predicted 0-0 for each match."

I was in a World Cup pool about 30 years ago and one partcipant who didn't know anything about Football picked all 0-0 ties and was actually leading after the first round.

Attention tarnado, Ed, saviola7, Cheeta, Keano, Mr. Caca, Juby, ThiKu, Redcoatsforever, Daniel, Scottie, TripleA, Ryan, nazzer, ESG Shawn, CapsFan79

Requesting final round picks. Even if you're way out of the running, make your picks anyway as I one of the prize winners will be randomly selected from those who entered picks for both the semifinal and final rounds.

If you don't post your picks in this thread by next Saturday, I'll try contact you via PM. Everyone else who entered should have received an email from me requesting your finals picks. Just copy paste this table below and change the XXs to scores.

DATE HOME AWAY

18/05/11 Vancouver XX Toronto XX

25/05/11 Toronto XX Vancouver XX

If you haven't been paying attention, check out the current standings: http://oot-football.blogspot.com/2011/05/voyageurs-cup-pool-week-2-report.html

Archived