DeRo traded?

jpoma

Well Tchanti is a former first round, 2nd pick.. 6' 4" Cameroon .. at least he's not another MLS hack.. I dunno .. Borman.. South Africa .. left back .. I think Winter wants 2 for 1 so he can replace extra dead wood. A surprise, but maybe a brilliant move, I don't know these players strengths and weaknesses..

I guess he figures Martina is gonna score the goals from now on ...

And Dero will be 33 in May ... Maybe a genius at work, I hope so.. lol

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno about Borman, but Tchanti isn't a journeyman.. he's 21.. Actually both players have only played for one MLS team .. if they can get a good back, I'm not complaining.. did they? Well these players played for the East winning team, so they can't be that bad.. I'm wait and see..

Ill admit that the widespread coverage of this issue lends some credence to this not being a joke. However until tommorow's game, Ill hold a solitary vigil hoping DeRo is still at TFC. Only because I think it would be suicide for TFC to trade the only sure goalscorer we have right now. Im sorry, but even if the club and Dwayne are at loggerheads, we need goals pure and simple. If they did trade him, the club should have traded for a proven striker (plus other players or draft spots). If this trade is true we have sold the farm for magic beans...

The expectations on Martina and Maicon just went up at least 3 fold. As already mentioned in here, RBNY just became a serious contender in the East, if not the whole league. I guess the question becomes who else is Winter looking at moving out and will RBNY use their open DP spot on DeRo.

187761_71640519262_657993_q.jpgDwayne De Rosario

I am sorry to the wonderful and passionate fans at TFC about my departure to NY Red Bulls. Just wanted to say it has truly been an honor coming back home & playing for my home crowd. Unfortunately things didn't work out as it was my goal to help TFC succeed in winning a "MLS Championship". You the fans will always hold a special place in my heart at TFC. Best Wishes....

Goodbye and good luck. It didn't make sense to keep him in Toronto at his age and with his salary demands. Unfortunately for TFC every other team in the league knew the position they were in and that probably didn't help in negotiations. As much as I hate to see De Ro go this makes sense for the club considering what they said going into the season, Winter wanted commitment from every player all over the park and I don't think De Ro fits that plan. At least now we know that TFC is serious about rebuilding this team for the future.

If this trade is true we have sold the farm for magic beans...

In the tale, Jack traded his family's last possession of value - their cow - for some magic beans. His mother calls him a fool, and throws them away. They end up growing into a giant beanstock, with which Jack climbs to up into the clouds. There, he ends up taking and bringing back A) a goose which can lay golden eggs B) a large amount of gold and silver and C) a magic harp.

Trading for magic beans... ended up working out pretty well.

Ill admit that the widespread coverage of this issue lends some credence to this not being a joke. However until tommorow's game, Ill hold a solitary vigil hoping DeRo is still at TFC. Only because I think it would be suicide for TFC to trade the only sure goalscorer we have right now. Im sorry, but even if the club and Dwayne are at loggerheads, we need goals pure and simple. If they did trade him, the club should have traded for a proven striker (plus other players or draft spots). If this trade is true we have sold the farm for magic beans...

All Winter has to do is now tell Maicon to shoot from everywhere, avoid passing to teammates unless absolutely necessary, have tunnel vision and try to do everything yourself, and Maicon will score lots of goals. I mean, it worked for De Ro last year.

In the tale, Jack traded his family's last possession of value - their cow - for some magic beans. His mother calls him a fool, and throws them away. They end up growing into a giant beanstock, with which Jack climbs to up into the clouds. There, he ends up taking and bringing back A) a goose which can lay golden eggs B) a large amount of gold and silver and C) a magic harp.

Trading for magic beans... ended up working out pretty well.

I hope it does work out for the sake of the club, but it is way too early to see if this trade will bear as much fruit as you seem to think it will...

All Winter has to do is now tell Maicon to shoot from everywhere, avoid passing to teammates unless absolutely necessary, have tunnel vision and try to do everything yourself, and Maicon will score lots of goals. I mean, it worked for De Ro last year.

Im not defending what DeRo did at the club personally, Im just worried about TFC's goalscoring rate. Im not against trading him at all, I just think that a)they traded him just a bit too early-lets see how the other strikers perform first B) that the club could have gotten a better trade for him...

Again, time will tell...

Im not defending what DeRo did at the club personally, Im just worried about TFC's goalscoring rate. Im not against trading him at all, I just think that a)they traded him just a bit too early-lets see how the other strikers perform first B) that the club could have gotten a better trade for him...

Again, time will tell...

Don't worry, if TFC have trouble scoring they can go out mid season and sign a new DP, maybe someone who's in their early 30s and had mild success 4 or 5 years ago... Oh wait.

Go sod off Rocker. You're an idiot. Perhaps we should instruct you to stop burying you're head in the sand. Nobody on our team was worth passing to.

De Ro was forced out, and demonstrated he could and would work with others, if the others could actually play MLS quality football. TFC is the only team he never played a team game. It's also the only place that never made playoffs when he was on the team.

The supporting cast was never there, MLSE gave two ****s about their players, and quite frankly, you ignoring these things is insulting to everyone on the boards.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2011/04/01/17847281.html

Go sod off Rocker. You're an idiot. Perhaps we should instruct you to stop burying you're head in the sand. Nobody on our team was worth passing to.

De Ro was forced out, and demonstrated he could and would work with others, if the others could actually play MLS quality football. TFC is the only team he never played a team game. It's also the only place that never made playoffs when he was on the team.

The supporting cast was never there, MLSE gave two ****s about their players, and quite frankly, you ignoring these things is insulting to everyone on the boards.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2011/04/01/17847281.html

As a bit more proof of players-especially Canadian soccer stars- being worthless to MLSE: Ali Gerba, Adrian Serioux, Chris Pozniak, Doug Gilmour, Mats Sundin, and oh, coaches: John Carver and Chris Cummins both had big time promises made to them that never came to fruition. Both were frustrated with MLSE's BS. I finally am beginning to understand how true blue Leafs fans feel each year with this "organization".

It doesn't take much to realize MLSE is only about money and that's it. These teams need owners who ALSO care about winning, nobody is naive enough to think an owner won't have money as the top priority, but to simply NOT care about results is disgusting.

I'm glad I never gave much respect to teachers when I was in school. :D

It doesn't take much to realize MLSE is only about money and that's it. These teams need owners who ALSO care about winning, nobody is naive enough to think an owner won't have money as the top priority, but to simply NOT care about results is disgusting.

I'm glad I never gave much respect to teachers when I was in school. :D

The OTTP seems to be looking at selling part or all of their stake in MLSE so hopefully things change in the near future.

Archived