DeRo traded?

jpoma

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All I see are other news sources quoting the report from Sportsnet...I don't think TFC are that stupid.

Seriously though, why would they go through all the difficulty of not sending him to Celtic only to have him traded after two games? The second of which may have been on eof his best with TFC. I also didn't see this supposed "disinterest" people keep referencing.

In conclusion, they're pulling our legs.

NYRB would win with such a trade. Will believe it when official on tfc's web site or mls soccer.

BUT, as I wrote somewhere else today - TFC need a proper centre forward. Maicon and Gordon have a good role to play with the team, but are not what Winter really needs in that spot.

Wow, is this a kick in the teeth to TFC or what.

DeRo had looked like he was playing in great form in this new system.

I am pretty stunned by this, it could be a April Fool's Joke, but seems like it might be real, not sure if they are getting full value back in Tchani and Borman, only time will tell I guess.

But DeRo, Henry, Marquez, Lindpere, Taino, Richards, Ream, Neilsen and Agudelo. Watch Out MLS, that team is stacked.

Seriously though, why would they go through all the difficulty of not sending him to Celtic only to have him traded after two games? The second of which may have been on eof his best with TFC. I also didn't see this supposed "disinterest" people keep referencing.

In conclusion, they're pulling our legs.

I don't know whether it is true or not. However, to answer your question while they would have got a transfer fee from Celtic they would not have gotten any players in return. The players being mentioned in this trade include one guy who would probably be the starting LB for TFC and another very young player who seems destined to be an MLS star and a well rounded star at that unlike DeRo who is a mix of strengths and weaknesses. If true this might be a classic trade that is good for both sides in that DeRo is a much better player on a strong team that can cover his many faults than one that is rebuilding. New York would be closer to its "win now" goal and TFC would be in a good place for the future. So far I haven't been very impressed by Winter's moves or signings but this deal would really impress me. Of course if you are blinded by DeRo's goal scoring totals and don't see the many negatives he brings, then it will not look like a good deal.

I don't know whether it is true or not. However, to answer your question while they would have got a transfer fee from Celtic they would not have gotten any players in return. The players being mentioned in this trade include one guy who would probably be the starting LB for TFC and another very young player who seems destined to be an MLS star and a well rounded star at that unlike DeRo who is a mix of strengths and weaknesses. If true this might be a classic trade that is good for both sides in that DeRo is a much better player on a strong team that can cover his many faults than one that is rebuilding. New York would be closer to its "win now" goal and TFC would be in a good place for the future. So far I haven't been very impressed by Winter's moves or signings but this deal would really impress me. Of course if you are blinded by DeRo's goal scoring totals and don't see the many negatives he brings, then it will not look like a good deal.

They've been trying to move him for some time. They were shopping him around and LA and NY put in credible bids. It appears NY was more credible than TFC.

There's no blinding here, in the Timbers game he saved the defense several times. He looked excellent. As far as his goal output goes, yeah, I would really hate it if we traded away our only goal-scorer.

So far I haven't been very impressed by Winter's moves or signings but this deal would really impress me.

I wonder how much influence Mariner has/had in these proceedings?

If you want to add younger, effective MLS players with upside in building for the future then you need to offer up a marketable commodity in return and DeRo fit the build.

There's no blinding here, in the Timbers game he saved the defense several times. He looked excellent. As far as his goal output goes, yeah, I would really hate it if we traded away our only goal-scorer.

He may have had a strong game against Portland but I tend not to judge players on one game. He is a defensive liability by any measure and that is why he is more effective on a good team like Houston that has other players to cover his mistakes and allow him to roam. I also think he is in large part to blame for TFC having only one goal scorer. So much of TFC's attack is destroyed because he is hogging on to the ball, not passing and losing one on one battles. In other words, even offensively he is only a positive influence when he is actually scoring himself, most of the rest of the time he was an offensive liability. Now it is possible that Winter might have been able to influence him in these regards in a positive way, the layoff for (I think) Santos goal was nice, but if that was the case I am not sure Winter would trade him. Since I am not a TFC fan, I would prefer this deal does not go through because I think it is a pretty even deal for this year and strongly in TFC's favour in the future.

He may have had a strong game against Portland but I tend not to judge players on one game. He is a defensive liability by any measure and that is why he is more effective on a good team like Houston that has other players to cover his mistakes and allow him to roam. I also think he is in large part to blame for TFC having only one goal scorer. So much of TFC's attack is destroyed because he is hogging on to the ball, not passing and losing one on one battles. In other words, even offensively he is only a positive influence when he is actually scoring himself, most of the rest of the time he was an offensive liability. Now it is possible that Winter might have been able to influence him in these regards in a positive way, the layoff for (I think) Santos goal was nice, but if that was the case I am not sure Winter would trade him. Since I am not a TFC fan, I would prefer this deal does not go through because I think it is a pretty even deal for this year and strongly in TFC's favour in the future.

Grizz I know you don't like DeRo but he has been a different player for TFC this season... no ball hogging, no getting caught up field, he's helped in defence, played a smart passing possession game and has a goal and an assist so far to show for it.

Grizz I know you don't like DeRo but he has been a different player for TFC this season... no ball hogging, no getting caught up field, he's helped in defence, played a smart passing possession game and has a goal and an assist so far to show for it.

Agree 100%, further to that DeRo has been a scoring leader on every team hes played for, barring maybe his first couple seasons, Red Bull New York just became the scariest team on the east coast.

Okay, so knowing Dwayne's "troubling history" and salary demands the two richest and arguably best teams in MLS are willing to make credible bids for his goal-scoring services. Did I read that right?

Just asking.

Well, I'm pretty sure you lads out Toronto way are fu'ked a-gin this year. Not saying a move wasn't inevitable things being what they are, just saying it's pretty much official at this point. LOL, unless the Dutch can pull a rabbit out of a hat you're fu'ked.

But I guess that's what takes some of the sting out. The part about the move being inevitable.

DeRo has NEVER had a bad reputation in this league until last season when *gasp* how dare he! He asked to be paid accordingly for all these years he's been an MLS star and watched new players of similar or less quality enter the league and make 3 times his salary. DeRo has always been known as a guy any winning team wants... its no surprise that the 3 arguably biggest clubs in MLS (in terms of $ or championships) Houston, LA and NY all want him as Cheeta said! Dom Kinnear one of the most respected and succesful managers in the league wouldn't possibly be trying to get Dwayne back would he?

DeRo has NEVER had a bad reputation in this league until last season when *gasp* how dare he! He asked to be paid accordingly for all these years he's been an MLS star and watched new players of similar or less quality enter the league and make 3 times his salary. DeRo has always been known as a guy any winning team wants... its no surprise that the 3 arguably biggest clubs in MLS (in terms of $ or championships) Houston, LA and NY all want him as Cheeta said! Dom Kinnear one of the most respected and succesful managers in the league wouldn't possibly be trying to get Dwayne back would he?

So if that's the problem with his rep, and it's valid... the questions remains: Why did the D-Bag sign that contract in the first place?

It's been obvious since JDG showed up that DeRo wanted pay-equity... that is typical of a me-first attitude, not anything you'd want from your leader... So if the contract was unfair, why'd he agree to it in the first place?

A little bit of a stretch there. Dom Kinnear seemed quite happy to get rid of De Ro for a bag of peanuts two seasons ago.

Dero had to go, you can't go into that type of contract dispute and expect to be playing there the next season. De ro talked his way out of playing for his hometown team. If you ask me, Toronto isn't better right now, but Toronto will be a better team going forward to rid themselves of De ro in the locker room.

Archived