Canadians abroad: April 1-7, 2011

DJT

After 3 months full stop little bird wings are arer feathered again hopefully will have the green light on tuesday from the team doctor casale and Crotone to start training again on Tuesday. If all is green good he may see very little time on the weekend with his old team Savona and more week following

In italy little bird hopefully with have the green light on tuesday from the team doctor and Crotone to start training again on Tuesday if all green he may see some limited time on the weekend against his old team Savona and more week following.

Good news.

Not sure what thread to put this one in without starting a new one. Funniest tweet from Dobson yet regarding a former Canadian abroad:

"RT @callitfoobtall. FC Edmonton partners with Asmir Begovic for children's charity. I wonder why FC Edmonton hates children."

Of course, it is a re-tweet, so technically Dobson still is not funny.

After 3 months full stop little bird wings are arer feathered again hopefully will have the green light on tuesday from the team doctor casale and Crotone to start training again on Tuesday. If all is green good he may see very little time on the weekend with his old team Savona and more week following

FOLLOW UP

Green light for one clear to play but not the other.

It appears littlebird will not get a green light from his Crotone Team to get any more games in this season with Casale. Crotone wants him to resume his training in pre season on July 22nd in Crotone and not risk any other injuries due to insficient time to get his legs back and conditiioning up to par to play 90 minutes after a 3 month full stop with less then a month left in his season for Casale it would be to difficult.

So as far as littlebird the season is pretty much over, as disapointed he is a willingness to play is natural for anyone when he feels great but he understands the consequneces of rushing into games is not in his best interest and nor Crotone who want him healthy in ready at camp.

He promises every one Canada who follows him he will back with vengence.

bigbird

till July 22nd that is it from his side of things. and I was afraid that this was going to be the news, which deep in my heart I did not want to report to you. Want can you do thats football.

FOLLOW UP

Green light for one clear to play but not the other.

It appears littlebird will not get a green light from his Crotone Team to get any more games in this season with Casale. Crotone wants him to resume his training in pre season on July 22nd in Crotone and not risk any other injuries due to insficient time to get his legs back and conditiioning up to par to play 90 minutes after a 3 month full stop with less then a month left in his season for Casale it would be to difficult.

So as far as littlebird the season is pretty much over, as disapointed he is a willingness to play is natural for anyone when he feels great but he understands the consequneces of rushing into games is not in his best interest and nor Crotone who want him healthy in ready at camp.

He promises every one Canada who follows him he will back with vengence.

bigbird

till July 22nd that is it from his side of things. and I was afraid that this was going to be the news, which deep in my heart I did not want to report to you. Want can you do thats football.

On the bright side, this is yet more confirmation that Crotone has big plans for him. Very encouraging I would say.

Will Johnson playing LM in a 4-1-3-2 for RSL vs Saprissa in a big CCL game: http://www.justin.tv/punx82#/w/1048229120/3

2-1 Saprissa the final, but Salt Lake go through to the final of Concacaf Champions League on aggregate, 3-2. 90 minutes for Johnson. Certainly can't hurt for Will to be getting experience playing big matches in a hostile stadium like this.

2-1 Saprissa the final, but Salt Lake go through to the final of Concacaf Champions League on aggregate, 3-2. 90 minutes for Johnson. Certainly can't hurt for Will to be getting experience playing big matches in a hostile stadium like this.

The replay was on GolTV last night. Will gave a very industrious effort, mostly defensive, but he did push up a few times to spring the attack from his d-mid spot. When i first tuned in around min. 25 he was playing on the right flank and was out there for about 5 minutes before moving into the middle, he looked much less comfortable going forward in his one foray from the right wing.

Unless PSV scores 1 or 2, I don't see them defeating Benfica in the aggregate after the 2nd match. Too bad because I thought PSV could win this tournament and really wanted to see a Canuck winning it as well.

Edit: the final is 4 - 1 for Benfica and Hutchinson played 90 minutes.

Unless PSV scores 1 or 2, I don't see them defeating Benfica in the aggregate after the 2nd match. Too bad because I thought PSV could win this tournament and really wanted to see a Canuck winning it as well.

Edit: the final is 4 - 1 for Benfica and Hutchinson played 90 minutes.

Can anyone describe his position on the field for me?

Can anyone describe his position on the field for me?

He played deep in the mid, right in front of the defenders. In other games I've seen this season he's played futher up the field. He didn't have much impact on the game as Benfica was moving the ball through the wings and then back into the middle only in the final third.

Archived