CONCACAF U20 WCQ - Canada vs. Costa Rica April 1st, 2011

jpg75

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that ball changed direction on the bounce with the ground

From one angle that looked to be the case but then the reverse angle made it look like one of the worst keeping blunders ever for Canada. Somewhere the Stillos are steaming while Kliments clench fists.

I think JLL moved a little bit too fast on the goal and couldn't recover .

Anyways, a part from a nice 5 min around the middle of the half, we got dominated badly by CR. I don't know if we have the ressources to get back in that game.

Dominated wasn't the adjective that I was thinking. They the edge in play but we managed to string together a couple of chances and half chances. a better touch by Augustine and he would have had clear cut chance. We miss teibert, no doubt, as he was the guy everyone look to pass to.

But yeah, they were better.

Near the end of the half they didn't look like they had the resources to get the ball! ... anyway, maybe they can get lucky. I'm sure seeing the keeper jump away from the ball (or just looked like it) didn't help their composure. He resembled a keeper on a penalty kick..

I think JLL (besides the goal ouch), Gage, Henry have been our best so far...

worst well have your pick Thompson and Osorio are at the bottom for me, Cavallini (has he even touched the ball?) and Cebara need to get creative no one has the one v one skills that the Costa Ricans do or that even our U17s showed, with Teibert and Lindsay that could be different...

I think JLL (besides the goal ouch), Gage, Henry have been our best so far...

worst well have your pick Thompson and Osorio are at the bottom for me, Cavallini (has he even touched the ball?) and Cebara need to get creative no one has the one v one skills that the Costa Ricans do or that even our U17s showed, with Teibert and Lindsay that could be different...

Yup were it not for the goal, I might have said the JLL was our best player in the 1st half.

Osorio looking better... actually got a shot on goal! .. weak one though. Well at least it's more of a game. Near the end of the half it looked disturbingly one sided..

Wait a second... who was it that punted it down the middle to nobody.. #8 ... got subbed off soon after

Hard to tell for sure but it looked like the wall wasn't setup right.

Keeper was behind the wall, goal was wide open on Keeper's right. All he had to do was hit it straight and it was in. Costa Rico far better than Canada all over the field.

I think JLL moved a little bit too fast on the goal and couldn't recover .

Anyways, a part from a nice 5 min around the middle of the half, we got dominated badly by CR. I don't know if we have the ressources to get back in that game.

I take take back what I said. I think dominated is more and more accurate as the second half moves

This team won't prgress past the next stage in my opinion.

Overall, when its comes to Concacaf U20 qualifying (I am not talking about the U20 WC), we have been kind of spoiled for the past 10 years. Although i didn't get to see the 2009 matches. So far in two games, i'd say its been fairly mediocre and that might be a generous description. I am seeing things in the area of preparation and tactics that might suggest coaching is not the greatest either. One minute in the first half we are making some quick one two and springing players and later on all we see is hoofed balls to nowhere. too many players standing still and not moving and its as if with Teibert gone, nobody wants the ball.

Also, too many absent quality players and quite frankly I am wondering if the coaches have overlooked or dropped some better players. I saw Cordon a few times and i dont know why he is not on this team. and thats just one example.

Some of us have been ragging on Gazzola based on the ****ty results in the preperation camps, although some on this board have defended him in the same way they defended Dale Mitchell when he was first appointed coach of the MNT. It's been clear he doesn't really know what he's doing and his player selection has been questionable at best.

Some of us have been ragging on Gazzola based on the ****ty results in the preperation camps, although some on this board have defended him in the same way they defended Dale Mitchell when he was first appointed coach of the MNT. It's been clear he doesn't really know what he's doing and his player selection has been questionable at best.

Yeah but some people like to rag on coaches all the time <period>. I'll bet nobody had seen those games whereby they were ragging on Gazzola.

Yeah but some people like to rag on coaches all the time <period>. I'll bet nobody had seen those games whereby they were ragging on Gazzola.

I don`t think you have to see the actual game to know that losing 5-0 in an exhibition match to the Americans is a tad worrisome.

Who are the players that would've changed the results?

I'm all for criticizing a coach players selection but I don't know much about the players that aren't there. Apart from Teibert I don't know a player who could've make a difference.

Archived