Canada vs Belarus (R)

Blackdude

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another note from MB directly to the forum:

'Shame no one's watching, Canada have performed very efficiently in the first 45.

Best chance of the half went to Rob Friend who smashed a volley onto goal from 10 yards, but the keeper did well to push wide for a corner.

Canada's best player: Atiba Hutchinson

Maybe the worst? Simeon Jackson

The pitch here at Old Antalya Stadium is in beautiful shape and Canada have played some good stuff, taking about 65 percent of the posession.

But for all the hard work, not much creativity in the final 3rd.'

I must say I'm incredibly impressed that the four guys in the squad seeing the least club time are on the bench: Peters, Stalteri, Straith, Edgar

Hart FINALLY putting his words into action.

Too bad there isn't an in form attacking player scoring goals at club level to throw on at halftime. Oh wait, we had one but didn't call Hume, right?

I must say I'm incredibly impressed that the four guys in the squad seeing the least club time are on the bench: Peters, Stalteri, Straith, Edgar

Too bad there isn't an in form attacking player scoring goals at club level to throw on at halftime. Oh wait, we had one but didn't call Hume, right?

i too find this one hard to understand. why not call iain, as he has been playing well and scoring - something we certainly don't have a surplus of players doing.

You know, I know we all love Simeon, but it might be worthwhile suggesting to Hart that he and Iain are interchangeable on that wing. Surely Iain would have something to offer on that side, doesn't sound like Simeon is having the greatest of games from what everyone who's there is saying.

You know, I know we all love Simeon, but it might be worthwhile suggesting to Hart that he and Iain are interchangeable on that wing. Surely Iain would have something to offer on that side, doesn't sound like Simeon is having the greatest of games from what everyone who's there is saying.

^ Frankly I don't think either has the goods for that spot.

Agreed - I know some have made legit points about Hume's abilities, but at the end of the day if the guy is playing/scoring we need to see through Hart's mandate (or I guess Hart does). Hume is good from distance, set pieces and can put the ball in.

Too bad there isn't an in form attacking player scoring goals at club level to throw on at halftime. Oh wait, we had one but didn't call Occean, right?

Fixed.

wow the keeper change at halftime is a real supporter's substitution.

Not impressed with Hart at all. You dominate possession but can't finish so your one change at half is...the keeper?

Not a lot of experimenting going on here. We already established Simeon's not a winger nor an in-form striker. We already knew Friend doesn't work as a lone striker for us and is not-in form.

wow the keeper change at halftime is a real supporter's substitution.

Not impressed with Hart at all. You dominate possession but can't finish so your one change at half is...the keeper?

Not a lot of experimenting going on here. We already established Simeon's not a winger nor an in-form striker. We already knew Friend doesn't work as a lone striker for us and is not-in form.

I have to agree!

Is this match running on Int'l friendly rules or is it an agreed upon amount of subs (more than 3)? There have already been at least two subs for Belarus and one for us - very early in the game for this to be happening. Hope Borjan didn't pick up an injury to cause the substitution.

Archived