Canada vs Belarus (R)

Blackdude

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

more updates from MB

UPDATE 2 -

- 18 mins: Johnson hits volley from 20 yards, slides just wide of far post with keeper beaten

- Canada dominate opening 20 - at least 70 percent possesion

- 25 mins: Belarus improvinh in possession

- 27 mins: Friend w sharp volley from 10 yrds, well saved by keeper. Pass was from Hutchinson

- 3 corners for CAN - 0 for BLR

LordBob these Friend misses must be killing you :P

My dream is that Rob Friend scores six goals in a game and goes on Sportsnet saying that he did it all to spite Lord Bob, who can shove each and every one of those six balls up his ass, the prick. But I know that will never happen because Rob Friend sucks.

MB AGAIN

UPDATE 3 - Thru 45 mins (I think that is wrong 45 mins *havoc88*)

- 31 mins: corner from Johnson headed wide by Friend from 12 yrds

- 34 mins: Dangerous cross from Ledgerwood cleared by BLR defender

- 35 mins: ball has hardly left BLR half in 10 mins

If Dobson and Max are accurate and we're dominating Belarus in open play, that's good. This isn't Belarus's best possible lineup but it's pretty close; probably close to Belarus's A team than our squad is to our A team. A promising sign.

Max Bell:

- 38 min - First BLR shot on target, held by Borjan. From BLR 9 - Leonid Kovel from wide anglw

- 40 min: Free kick for CAN in dangerous area

40 min: BLR break on dagerous counter attack, tackle from Hutch saves the day

43 min: Ambitious shot from BLR - 5 ALeksandr Martynobich sails wide from 40 yrds

HALFTIME!

Sun is setting in Antalya and still no sign of the floodlights coming on, anybody fearing the worst?

Here's the real test: can Hart adjust better than the Belarussian coach can? We're controlling this one it seems, but we can't finish. Sounds like we've come close, but still no cigar. Everyone's right - we have had trouble maintaining dominance in matches in the second half. We were dominating Ukraine until they came out and adjusted. We were definitely in it against Greece until they came out and adjusted. Sounds like we're dominating yet another UEFA side, is it our turn to come out and adjust?

If we don't and either draw or lose this, it might speak the loudest regarding our boys's abilities as well as Hart's abilities at coaching.

I think the Rob Friend missed shot counter is at 5.

isn't necessarily a bad thing. until we get more info on each play it could just as easily be he is lively and is getting into really good positions and he is making the most out of every half chance he gets

Here's the real test: can Hart adjust better than the Belarussian coach can? We're controlling this one it seems, but we can't finish. Sounds like we've come close, but still no cigar. Everyone's right - we have had trouble maintaining dominance in matches in the second half. We were dominating Ukraine until they came out and adjusted. We were definitely in it against Greece until they came out and adjusted. Sounds like we're dominating yet another UEFA side, is it our turn to come out and adjust?

If we don't and either draw or lose this, it might speak the loudest regarding our boys's abilities as well as Hart's abilities at coaching.

Dead on ^ this is what I'm looking forward to

Archived