Canada vs Belarus (R)

Blackdude

wake up i never said that johnson fitness is not there and is most likely the best on the mnt in that oart of the game. Its his blinkers he has on when he plays and at this level he will not get away with it and hurt the team in any of the w/c. He has no creativity cobined with no vision does not help good players like a hutch and a simpson and more of the ones i mentioned in the midfield none what so ever. He brings the players greatness down to a lower leel of play style that is not W/C quality. so please read my comments above correctly

and there is nothing wrong using a defender to play that position as well to you can add maybe one or 2 oldies to help out to my list but not more then that in the def roles and in the mid.

and as well remmber im not saying johnson to not be part of this team i am saying his role should be limited to certain tasks late in a game as a one on one role to stop a team from attacking or a sub maybe to counter act a attacking stragy of the opposition. where the game is won late in the minutes of a game and when your the underdog in any match games played against the otherside of the world

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow... it never takes people long to deconstruct what exists and 'make it better'

Moreover some people seem hell-bent on picking on particular players... you defend one... and another one pops up... Will Johnson... seriously?? Didn't he take the free kick THAT LED TO THE GAME WINNING GOAL ON TUESDAY... clearly not able to compete at this level....

Anybody want to comment on the fact that we have more positive results than negative in our last 7?? 2 wins 2 ties 3 losses... this with the coach that took us to within one game of the Gold Cup final last time 'round???

But that's ok... if you take away the results on the pitch... and only look at stats, without

footage (i.e. out of context) it's clear he doesn't know what he is doing...

Wow... it never takes people long to deconstruct what exists and 'make it better'

Moreover some people seem hell-bent on picking on particular players... you defend one... and another one pops up... Will Johnson... seriously?? Didn't he take the free kick THAT LED TO THE GAME WINNING GOAL ON TUESDAY... clearly not able to compete at this level....

Anybody want to comment on the fact that we have more positive results than negative in our last 7?? 2 wins 2 ties 3 losses... this with the coach that took us to within one game of the Gold Cup final last time 'round???

But that's ok... if you take away the results on the pitch... and only look at stats, without

footage (i.e. out of context) it's clear he doesn't know what he is doing...

In your few posts that are not completely incomprehensible, it is clear you don't know what you are talking about. I am not sure why anyone is bothering to discuss or argue with you.

In your few posts that are not completely incomprehensible, it is clear you don't know what you are talking about. I am not sure why anyone is bothering to discuss or argue with you.

I don't think wingback6 is being unreasonable. The only posts I remember of his were in defiance of all the Friend bashing and I agree with wingback6 on that. Are you sure you didn't mean to respond to roadrunner59?

I don't think wingback6 is being unreasonable. The only posts I remember of his were in defiance of all the Friend bashing and I agree with wingback6 on that. Are you sure you didn't mean to respond to roadrunner59?

Yes you are right, my apologies to wingback, got his post mixed up with roadrunner59, who isn't making any sense.

Yes you are right, my apologies to wingback, got his post mixed up with roadrunner59, who isn't making any sense.

johnson did not take the kick that resulted in a goal it was from a corner and johnson miss kicked it towards the net where some one else put it in, Secondly how is it I do not make sence. What does not make sence is your guys see it only in a way that soccer should not be played specially you the above poster. Yes I am more of a euro type guy and maybe for sure I will upsetting most posters in here. If anything I hate the MLS system means nothing to a true fan of soccer and how its played, plus it is not my style of soccer mostly beer type players that kick the ball around with no meaning , but denfinelty not bashing johnson as he is the best of all of them that should be with the team. I just feel he had many starts and has not offered anything that can convince me a 90 minute game. WHY is say that there are better players then him that can accomadate the style of better euro players to get better team together thats all I am saying and ilisted them as starters and some extra ones as well that are better choices IMO

these are exibitions matches do not go on a tissy that oh we are doing so good bla bla bla as far i am concerned the best game Canada played was against ukr. by far and with no mls players i believe and my list did not mention any strikers as we have nobody that can get the job done.

johnson did not take the kick that resulted in a goal it was from a corner and johnson miss kicked it towards the net where some one else put it in, Secondly how is it I do not make sence. What does not make sence is your guys see it only in a way that soccer should not be played specially you the above poster. Yes I am more of a euro type guy and maybe for sure I will upsetting most posters in here. If anything I hate the MLS system means nothing to a true fan of soccer and how its played, plus it is not my style of soccer mostly beer type players that kick the ball around with no meaning , but denfinelty not bashing johnson as he is the best of all of them that should be with the team. I just feel he had many starts and has not offered anything that can convince me a 90 minute game. WHY is say that there are better players then him that can accomadate the style of better euro players to get better team together thats all I am saying and ilisted them as starters and some extra ones as well that are better choices IMO

these are exibitions matches do not go on a tissy that oh we are doing so good bla bla bla as far i am concerned the best game Canada played was against ukr. by far and with no mls players i believe and my list did not mention any strikers as we have nobody that can get the job done.

Unfortunately, Canada is not in europe, and the only matches Canada plays against european teams are friendlies. I'd much rather see them playing a style that's successful in CONCACAF, where the games count for something.

Also, when you see little red dots under the words you type, that means you're spelling them wrong.

thanks for the tip on the spelling i took care of that.

sure tell the the guys who last qualified and while your at it tell that to Hart as well.

but maybe he believes that too, thats why he selection are not important to him for W/C.

tell me when was the last time that happen that we won that i never follow it.

is see the under 20 has pretty much finish there drive losing yesterday and i don't think they too will advance after the next round.

i cannot wait to see the new projected CSA i will tiell you this heads will role and fast.... then maybe then things will change for us when we change are thinking of importance of qualifying in a W/C

Lol... in all fairness... I have been referred to in similar terms... though not on this forum... lol...

And thanks Ed... for sorting it out :)

RR... you are correct... I did not read your post in full... my statement was based on a general impression of the direction the conversation was going... I did not attempt to ascertain if it was one individual making the comments about WJ or several...

That being said.. I think you are completely wrong... and the fact that he is the one MLS player that has been consistently called upon.. and heeded the call.. and the results that we have had with him in the starting 11 speak to that...

Having watched him for club and country I find him a hard worker as you do.. but also intelligent and unselfish.. all qualities you can build around... similar to Dan Murphy for Fulham... but a bit more mobile and aggressive...

And judging by interviews he is highly regarded his club which explains why they are willing to let him go... when called for National duty... if only there were more players on our team that were so lucky

Why didn't Lars go to check on Kevin if he was ok??? I think this should be the normal reaction between teammates?

He got the ball first, turned to Kev and they waved when he saw him get up. It is odd that his first thought was get the ball instead of checking, especially considering it was late in a 1-0 game and it would have been good to stall.

Yes, you can block out all the pain in the membrane. Haven't quite reduced to forum to just my posts yet.

LOL.

C'mon Ed, I'll need to read your reactions to the inevitable "Canucks to win Stanley Cup" topic that I am sure will soon pop up in the General Discussion thread, so don't put that on your ignore list.

A little while ago, I also put forth statistics that showed that the team scored almost as much when Rob was on the pitch as when Ali was on the pitch, but that fell on deaf ears. Yes, his form recently hasn't been the best, but to look just at his goal-scoring record in a vacuum and draw all your conclusions from that does the striker position a grave injustice.

But as I said: "Meh. Whatever." Someday he'll show you, and I don't mind him being on the pitch when number 1 option (Ali) declines the invitation.

I support this position!

Archived