CONCACAF U20 WCQ - Canada vs. Guadeloupe March 28th, 2011

jpg75

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
good result, but lots of room for improvement. that was a scary first half. for a second there it looked like pellerud was coaching.

Yeah, that first half was a mess. The back four in particular seemed surprised by every single counter attack. A lot of room for improvement there. I thought Fresenga struggled quite a bit.

Nice to see a change in tactics at the half though. Much more control of the midfield and then playing through Teibert on the wing after holding up the ball. Osorio for Jackson was a very smart sub.

Good to have a come from behind win and they have a couple of days until the next game so hopefully they will build on this.

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and guess that Johanne Angloma is related to former France international Jocelyne Angloma?

Was thinking the same thing. Jocelyne Angloma actually suited up for Guadelupe in a game versus Canada at Gold Cup a few years ago. I think he was 40 years old at time and he looked good in that game. I dont know how the fine points of FIFA rules that allowed it given his numerous caps for France.,

Name escapes me but whose that Defender who played for France (1998 WC Champs) and Juventus? I believe he was from Guadeloupe as well.

Was thinking the same thing. Jocelyne Angloma actually suited up for Guadelupe in a game versus Canada at Gold Cup a few years ago. I think he was 40 years old at time and he looked good in that game. I dont know how the fine points of FIFA rules that allowed it given his numerous caps for France

It's either his son or nephew, how many Angloma's can there be on an island the size of Guadeloupe? That was in 2007, at the age of 42...he still looked pretty good too!

edit: WTF is up with CONCACAF TV blocking the Cuba-Mexico game because of rights restrictions?

Was thinking the same thing. Jocelyne Angloma actually suited up for Guadelupe in a game versus Canada at Gold Cup a few years ago. I think he was 40 years old at time and he looked good in that game. I dont know how the fine points of FIFA rules that allowed it given his numerous caps for France.,

Name escapes me but whose that Defender who played for France (1998 WC Champs) and Juventus? I believe he was from Guadeloupe as well.

lillian thuram?

edit: WTF is up with CONCACAF TV blocking the Cuba-Mexico game because of rights restrictions?

I think that when you sign up they ask you which country you live in. I'll bet that if you re register under a different user name and say you are from Mexico, you might be able to watch it.

This is going to be strange group. This Guadalupe side looks very unpredictable and capable of beating anybody including With Costa Rica. So I don't think were safe and clear for the quarterfinals. I think we will need a result against CRC

Next game in the group is CR-Guadeloupe, if Guadeloupe lose or tie we are through the next round. The best case scenario is a tie, then we could afford to tie CR in the final game and probably avoid Mexico.

As for the game, I only saw the last 12 min and Canada had some nice possession at times but they were some soft loss of possession. Gazzola seems like a vocal coach, screaming all the time!

Well I missed the first half and only saw the 2nd. From what I saw though, I'm somewhat flabbergasted as to how we could have been 1-0 down at half time. Did Guadaloupe tire out badly in the 2nd half or did Osorio make THAT much of a difference?

Outside of a few awkward moments by Fresenga I quite liked what I saw. I wish a few players would be more willing to shoot from distance like Augustin (who looked pretty good IMO), but I liked that we held on the ball, worked it around and didn't panic and hoof down the field often. Osorio looks like quite the find - I can well believe that he's signed for a Uruguayan team - if not, pick him up TFC! Not a typical player that you seem in a Canadian jersey. Same with Cavallini who looked like a "bull in a china shop" type central striker that we haven't seen in some time for Canada. Also liked Cebara's composure on the right. Teibert's crossing & free kick ability has been something we've lacked for awhile and is invaluable - he reminds me a bit of a more attack-minded Mike Sweeney out on the left. The two central d-mids looked fine to me and the central-defenders cleaned up everything that came there way, "Leveskee" had nothing to do in the half I saw so I can't really comment on him other than he's great at shouting at defenders (which is not a criticism).

I don't know what team came out in the first half, but let's hope that it's behind them and they build on the 2nd half for the rest of the tourney.

I think that when you sign up they ask you which country you live in. I'll bet that if you re register under a different user name and say you are from Mexico, you might be able to watch it.

I'm watching on P2P TV. Very good quality

^ no worries. i remember hearing something crazy like the entire starting back four of frances world cup winning squad in 98 had close ties to guadaloupe - ie. born there or father was born there, etc.

i have no clue where i have heard this or if there is any accuracy to this statement but i do recall being amazed (for some reason i think there may have even been a few others on that french team that had links to guadaloupe as well).

Well I missed the first half and only saw the 2nd. From what I saw though, I'm somewhat flabbergasted as to how we could have been 1-0 down at half time. Did Guadaloupe tire out badly in the 2nd half or did Osorio make THAT much of a difference?

Outside of a few awkward moments by Fresenga I quite liked what I saw. I wish a few players would be more willing to shoot from distance like Augustin (who looked pretty good IMO), but I liked that we held on the ball, worked it around and didn't panic and hoof down the field often. Osorio looks like quite the find - I can well believe that he's signed for a Uruguayan team - if not, pick him up TFC! Not a typical player that you seem in a Canadian jersey. Same with Cavallini who looked like a "bull in a china shop" type central striker that we haven't seen in some time for Canada. Also liked Cebara's composure on the right. Teibert's crossing & free kick ability has been something we've lacked for awhile and is invaluable - he reminds me a bit of a more attack-minded Mike Sweeney out on the left. The two central d-mids looked fine to me and the central-defenders cleaned up everything that came there way, "Leveskee" had nothing to do in the half I saw so I can't really comment on him other than he's great at shouting at defenders (which is not a criticism).

I don't know what team came out in the first half, but let's hope that it's behind them and they build on the 2nd half for the rest of the tourney.

I wanted to mention Levesque Freiesque distribution to Teibert who passed the ball to someone in the middle of the box and the shot was blocked by a Canadian player.

Archived