CONCACAF U20 WCQ - Canada vs. Guadeloupe March 28th, 2011

jpg75

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guad is playing quite wiley...impressive tactics from them. Issue with CAN is the CB pairing and the FW pairing...neither is good enough. Although I don't know the CAN personnel well enough to truly suggest what might help, I believe a 4-3-3 would allow for better attacking options in the final third. I just have no clue who would make way etc etc.

#9 is quick, strong, and fast, but his final third play is atrocious - same as Jackson and the other CF....going to be very difficult!...

^ Gage needs to slow it down in the middle.

I would make change at that position. Sorry, But I have not been impressed by his play this half. I dont get to see him as much as perhaps you guys. But I have kept and eye a few times in the past year and I dont see any imagination or high degree quality in his play. Teibert on the other, i could see something

^ I think he's the best we've got. I'm not sure he has the smarts, a la Alderson, to run the midfield, but here's hoping he has a better second half. I actually liked some of his passing. Everybody just needs to slow down. They're playing right into the opponent's counter game. It would be nice if there were a forward who could hold the ball up a bit.

Canada just looks awful

That is true. But lets also give this side credit, Just like Martinique, everytime that I have seen them play, I have been impressed if not awed. I believe that their senior team would qualify for the WC in this region if they were ever given nation status by FIUFA

Not sure it's been posted but i'm thinking our formation looks like this:

---------------JLL-----------------

Fresenga--Bassi---Thompson-Augustin

---------Gage------Pegg-----------

Cebara-------Osorio---------Teibert

-------------Cavallini-------------

Archived