CONCACAF U20 WCQ - Canada vs. Guadeloupe March 28th, 2011

jpg75

Kick-off is tomorrow Monday March 28th @8pm. Match will be aired live on CONCACAF TV, here's the link:

http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Home/0,,12907,00.html

Ashtone Morgan and Janeil Hoilett have been held back by their clubs and Doneil Henry may not be available as well. As disappointing as it is that TFC are holding their players back I still can't believe FIFA no longer mandates that players be made available for U20 qualifiers.

BTW, it is what is and i don't think any of us are happy with it (and this probably wouldn't have happened if a CDN - Dasovic - was coaching TFC) so instead of this thread degenerating into a pissing match can we just focus on tomorrow's game and leave that topic to the roster thread please?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guadeloupe qualified by drawing Bermuda 1-1 and then beating Antigua & Barbuda 4-0. They went into that last game knowing they needed to trump the 2-0 result Bermuda had over A&B.

Are there any comparables to indicate their strength? Yes. Canada beat T&T 1-0 in a friendly last month. T&T qualified by beating Suriname 4-2 agg. (2-1 both legs) in a home and away series. Suriname qualified by winning all 3 of their games by a 2-1 score in a playoff round that included Bermuda. Bermuda finished with a 1-2 record and finished in 2nd place on GD as the other 2 teams (Neth. Antilles and Guyana) also finished 1-2.

Here's the roster from the CSA website. Bear in mind that Henry won't probably be in the lineup.

1- GK- Julien Latendresse Lévesque | GER / FC Energie Cottbus

2- CB- Tristan Grant | URU / Club Nacional

3- M/F- Ben Fisk | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC

4- CB/RB- Doneil Henry | CAN / Toronto FC

5- CB- Derrick Bassi |

6- M- Matt Stinson | CAN / Toronto FC

7- M- Russell Teibert | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC

8- M- Ethan Gage | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC (sic)

9- F- Stefan Cebara | HUN / Zalaegerszegi TE

10- M- Jonathan Osorio | URU / Club Nacional

11- M- John Pegg | USA / San Diego State University

12- F- Justin Maheu | GER / Fortuna Düsseldorf

13- D- Andres Fresenga | URU / Racing Club de Montevideo

14- F- Coulton Jackson | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency

15- F- Massimo Mirabelli | CAN / Portugal FC

16- RB/CB- Roger Thompson | USA / University of Cincinnati

17- F- Lucas Cavallini | URU / Club Nacional

18- GK- Jordan Santiago | ENG / Cardiff City FC

19- F- Jordan Ongaro | USA / San Diego State University

20- RB/CB- Francesco Augustin | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal

Is Guadeloupe a country all of a sudden? If they win this tourney, do they get to represent the region at the WC?

No. If they win a 1/4 final (very unlikely) CONCACAF as a process to determine who's the 4th qualifier for CONCACAF. It will be between the 3 1/4 finals loosers. The one who got the most point in the round robin will qualify.

No. If they win a 1/4 final (very unlikely) CONCACAF as a process to determine who's the 4th qualifier for CONCACAF. It will be between the 3 1/4 finals loosers. The one who got the most point in the round robin will qualify.

Or just let T&T go through, I suppose. I notice on the CONCACAF TV web site that the game is listed for 7pm ET. Is that because of this weird daylight savings thing we followed the US on a few years ago? Or does the first post need to be edited?

Or just let T&T go through, I suppose. I notice on the CONCACAF TV web site that the game is listed for 7pm ET. Is that because of this weird daylight savings thing we followed the US on a few years ago? Or does the first post need to be edited?

I'm not sure which is correct. I got the time from the schedule on the CONCACAF site and didn't even notice the time on the TV listing:

http://www.concacaf.com/page/Under20s/Schedule/0,,12813,00.html

Archived