WHITECAPS vs Philadelphia 26 March - SALGADO transfer approved!

Drew Shaw

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This might be the worse ref in the history of soccer. Taylor Twellman is surely the worst commentator in the history of soccer.

No kidding. With Valdes whining and hacking, it reminded me of watching Canada play those horrible Central American countries and those horrible Central American referees.

Hassli cannot pick up the two cards he did today. Both were very poor decisions by the big guy. I don't care if Califf made the most of it and that thing in net for Philly flapped his arms like an idiot, it was still a card (on the first one).

However, it seemed like those were the only two decisions the referee got correct today. Valdes on Harris was a two-footed leg breaker. Very Dangerous.

Not enough offensive bullets in the chamber for Vancouver today.

Khalfan wasn't good. All things considered I thought the defence was pretty stout and I've gotta say Nolly was just Wally Pipped. I like Cannon in there waaaaay better.

So, no bookings for the horrible tackle on Harris (no call whatsoever, actually) and for Le Toux shooting a clear 3 seconds after being called for offside, yet Hassli gets the softest bookings you're ever likely to see? This ref is f@cked!

This ref, and Valdes for Philly, is like watching Canada play Nicaragua with a Honduran referee - whining, dirty play, and pathetic referees who let the tackling escalate until he just randomly ejects someone (inevitably on the good guys).

The Union are now officially in the DIVING WANKERS category. I don't know if the Caps can appeal the red card to Hassli but I hope they can and do. Blatant embellishment. In case you missed the replay that was barely a foul in any league. Hassli went to block the ball and the follow through hit his leg. At no point did the bottom of his cleat hit the Valdez. In these situations the ref is only partially to blame. The MLS needs to review all video and fine players for diving or the league will resemble the Wanker FA shortly (any central american league you want to name).

Damn I wish we could have tied it up on the last corner of the game. Poetic justice that would have been.

As to the game. We played great considering all the call ups and injuries we had to deal with. I thought our makeshift backline and midfield did good. Nizar didn't play the best I've ever seen him but he played well. He did turn the ball over a few but had his moments. Kudos to Harris for playing through the pain and working his ass off. Both Wangner and Leathers did excellent in their positions. The Union obviously went after Janicki (like duh, you are going to go after Rochat or Janicki, tough choice) but he not only weathered the storm but played an excellent match.

Oh well on to next week. At least Portland and Seattle are 0 and 2 :)

So, no bookings for the horrible tackle on Harris (no call whatsoever, actually) and for Le Toux shooting a clear 3 seconds after being called for offside, yet Hassli gets the softest bookings you're ever likely to see? This ref is f@cked!

This ref, and Valdes for Philly, is like watching Canada play Nicaragua with a Honduran referee - whining, dirty play, and pathetic referees who let the tackling escalate until he just randomly ejects someone (inevitably on the good guys).

TBH, I think it's unfair to blame the ref for losing this match. Vancouver showed a poor level after Hassli was sent off (who deserved to be sent off anyway on the first YC, IMO). The team gave the opponent too much ball possession after the red card and playing like that, Philadelphia was going to score at any moment, it was just a matter of time.

However, the goal was an offside, it was Ruiz left leg only but an offside is an offside. BTW, I think that poor header before the goal was made by Janicki. He made a Velez of himself on that play.

The Union DIVING WANKERS category. red card to Hassli . Blatant embellishment. barely a foul in any league. the league will resemble the Wanker FA shortly (any central american league you want to name).

Damn I wish we could have tied it up on the last corner of the game. Poetic justice that would have been.

I thought our makeshift backline and midfield did good. Nizar didn't play the best I've ever seen . Kudos to Harris Both Wangner and Leathers did excellent in their positions. The Union obviously went after Janicki

Oh well on to next week. At least Portland and Seattle are 0 and 2 :)

Great points. "Diving Wankers" Damn right. I was hating them fairly quickly for never having watched them play a game before. The ref lost it, and was amateur compared to the officials we had last week. Everyone stopped the niggly crap when Hassli got ejected; but gifting the game to one team isn't an acceptable way to solve persistent niggly fouls. The only thing that deserved a red all game was that two-footer on Harris, and he should have given an ejection for that if he felt he was losing control of the game. It was so Canada vs. Nicaragua to lose Hassli to such a non-call.

Agree completely that Hassli didn't deserve a second card for that. Also, the tackle by Rochat was never a yellow card either. Horrible call. Plus two Philly players were offside on the first ball that went through on their "goal". If the ref missed it, the linesman shouldn't have.

I'm not much of a fan of Nizar Khalfan so far. Liked Harris more than I did last week. Back line did well, and can't be faulted. Tiebert continues to impress. I think that Hassli will probably get very little benefit of the doubt for the next few games, unfortunately. I didn't see Wagner do anything wrong. And Cannon made one great save - too bad he couldn't have made a second one. Good of Teitur to honour his promise to the CSA re Tiebert.

It's too bad that the Caps couldn't have been more offensive while short. I know it's VERY tough - but once you concede, you have to attack anyway, so you why not keep offensive the whole time?

And yes, nice to see Seattle with 1 point and Portland with 0 - and good to see Toronto win today too. Cheers.

The Ruiz goal was NOT offside. The Union guy who struck it was shooting not passing. Had the ball gone through and Ruiz interfered then yes he would have been offside. The Union player who received it wide was in an offside position, BUT, the ball was not played to him so under current offside rules he wasn't. Ruiz was level or behind when the ball was crossed. The goal stands.

Valdes is now my second most-hated MLS'er behind Landycakes. Mondragon is close to overtaking Landon though! Holy......

Union had a tactic in this game. Get the Philly fans riled up with some "good old fashioned" soccer and basically set out to kick the crap out of VWFC literally. The Caps got sucked in and paid for it. Neither team played well in the first half - both were naive in their tackles and in their possession. The Caps did well considering the Union tactics but created very little offensively and thus never required the Union to make any changes.

Considering the massive changes, the wind, the Union tactics, the first road trip, etc etc etc, the Caps did do alright though didn't they? Big kudos to Harris for the work rate. But, Koffie was abysmal. Dunfield will be the work horse, but they needed a creator in there beside him. Koffie ain't it. I was begging for a 5th midfielder to be brought in before the red occurred. And was hoping it was either a withdrawn Sanvezzo or Morfaw. Playing on the road, against the Union who were ramped-up and playing such as they were, the Caps needed someone with some ... "that certain something" to maintain possession and slow everything right down to a crawl. Chiumento may have been that guy today. Teibert, being 18 and only 1 game into MLS career was never going to be that guy. Dunfield ain't that guy either. All due respect. Union sucked em in and VWFC deserved what they got.

And yes, Hassli deserved both yellows. No, he should not have made either tackle. Seriously, you guys think that second yellow was a "dive"! Are you kidding me? Hassli clipped him late. Whether he raised his foot or not. He had no business following through such as he did. He knew exactly what he was doing. Sold the "what me!?" face quite well though. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Someone said it right "it's a yellow in any league." And had nothing to do with "Central American" reffing.

Worst part of the game for me? Martin Nash.

And yes, Hassli deserved both yellows. No, he should not have made either tackle. Seriously, you guys think that second yellow was a "dive"! Are you kidding me? Hassli clipped him late. Whether he raised his foot or not. He had no business following through such as he did. He knew exactly what he was doing. Sold the "what me!?" face quite well though. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Someone said it right "it's a yellow in any league." And had nothing to do with "Central American" reffing. .

I've watched the replay twice. You are wrong, dead wrong. Hassli jumps and turns his back trying to block the clearance. The follow through kicks him in the hamstring or buttocks. Yet Valdez rolled around on the ground like he had been hit with a crowbar from kicking someone in the butt! That is as big an embellishment as I've seen.

If MLS wants to be taken seriously as a league it needs to clamp down on the diving. The refs make calls based on what they see or think they see at full speed. They can't use replays but the league can and should. MLS needs to decide if it wants to be a league of diving wankers or professional players.

Hassli cannot pick up the two cards he did today. Both were very poor decisions by the big guy.

That's because the big guy was spoiled last week by not being carded for his thuggery in the Toronto game. He got the idea he could play like that all the time, so corrective action was indicated (and administered today).

But then Vancouver is a very dirty team: remove the whitecrap blinders and you will see that Hassli is nothing but a big thumping baldheaded turd. Thorrington is pure filth (if you've never seen any Chicago Fire games wait till he gets back from injury and you will see). Atiba Harris is a dirty thug and has been that way in MLS for years, with Dallas, with Chivas, and for all I know well before that. And Harmse - he'll be at home there in more ways than one. There's more but that's enough for now. Have a day.

More? That's not the half of it you silly ****. I heard Dunfield killed several babies, DeMerit eats the elderly, while Johnny Leathers throws his voice to mess with that beeping sound at cross walks so the blind get run over by trucks. Forget for a minute that Teitur is a viking terminator who will be sent back in time to kill Danny Dichio, because Joe Cannon is actually an alien who was birthed from the Allan Ball's anus with a mission to gang rape the red patch boys with help from a predator that Colin Miller has been rearing on the bonny bonny grass of the southside.

I've watched the replay twice. You are wrong, dead wrong. Hassli jumps and turns his back trying to block the clearance. The follow through kicks him in the hamstring or buttocks. Yet Valdez rolled around on the ground like he had been hit with a crowbar from kicking someone in the butt! That is as big an embellishment as I've seen.

If MLS wants to be taken seriously as a league it needs to clamp down on the diving. The refs make calls based on what they see or think they see at full speed. They can't use replays but the league can and should. MLS needs to decide if it wants to be a league of diving wankers or professional players.

The question is who initiated the contact and in this case it was Hassli. He interfered with the player motion and this contact are usually punished with a YC. I don't know if there was embellishment or not but I can tell you that hitting someone else with your foot hurts a little bit.

I find it sad that fans are defending him, he had to be more carefull. He helped you get 3 pts last week but this week he put the team in a tough position away from home.

Do you guys think Cannon should start over Nolly? I thought he looked sharper than Jay.

Archived