Ecuador Serie A

closetboostie

I'm going to be vacationing in Ecuador from April 18 to May 3 and was hoping to catch a Serie A game while I was there. We will be staying in Quito for a good chunk of that time so obviously there are some good options. I was hoping for some advice from our South American voyageurs if they had any. I don't know much about the league or stadiums other than what I've learned from some quick searches on the internets.

Just from looking at the table L.D.U. Quito home to D.Cuenca on the 27th of April looks to be the best match, I may be asking too much here but if there are any suggestions at all I would appreciate it.

01.05.11 D.CUENCA vs IMBABURA S.C. :

01.05.11 C.S.EMELEC vs L.D.U.QUITO :

01.05.11 L.D.U.LOJA vs C.D.OLMEDO :

01.05.11 S.D.QUITO vs INDEPENDIENTE J.T. :

01.05.11 EL NACIONAL vs MANTA F.C. :

01.05.11 ESPOLI vs BARCELONA S.C. :

FECHA: DECIMA QUINTA

Fecha Estadio Local - Visitante Result.

27.04.11 C.D.OLMEDO vs S.D.QUITO :

27.04.11 BARCELONA S.C. vs L.D.U.LOJA :

27.04.11 IMBABURA S.C. vs ESPOLI :

27.04.11 MANTA F.C. vs C.S.EMELEC :

27.04.11 L.D.U.QUITO vs D.CUENCA :

27.04.11 INDEPENDIENTE J.T. vs EL NACIONAL :

FECHA: DECIMA CUARTA

Fecha Estadio Local - Visitante Result.

24.04.11 D.CUENCA vs MANTA F.C. :

24.04.11 C.D.OLMEDO vs INDEPENDIENTE J.T. :

24.04.11 C.S.EMELEC vs EL NACIONAL :

24.04.11 L.D.U.LOJA vs IMBABURA S.C. :

24.04.11 S.D.QUITO vs BARCELONA S.C. :

24.04.11 ESPOLI vs L.D.U.QUITO :

I used to live a few blocks from La Casa Blanca, LDU's home ground. Great place for a match. Emelec is in third, I think so should be a competitive match.

SD Quito home to Barcelona will have more rivalry to it, and though Barca have fallen off in recent time, they have a lot of away support from former Guayaquil residents living in the capital. Might be hard to get a ticket - I dunno.

Have fun. I wish I could join you. Report back if you have the chance.

I watch most of LDU's matches in the Copa Libertadores (on TV, I mean). Looks like a great time/atmosphere.

So yeah... don't forget about the Copa Libertadores too! The first-leg of the round of 16 will take place on 26, 27, 28 April. So if LDU finish second in their group they'll have a home match while you're there (and unless I'm missing something, the LDU - Cuenca match will get postponed)

I watch most of LDU's matches in the Copa Libertadores (on TV, I mean). Looks like a great time/atmosphere.

So yeah... don't forget about the Copa Libertadores too! The first-leg of the round of 16 will take place on 26, 27, 28 April. So if LDU finish second in their group they'll have a home match while you're there (and unless I'm missing something, the LDU - Cuenca match will get postponed)

Good point. Probably the best football match I ever saw was Liga hosting River Plate in the CL - still sends shivers down my spine thinking of the atmosphere.

Thanks a lot for your responses. That would be so awesome if the Copa Libertadores match happens in that window. Would love to go. The next question is, will it be difficult to get tickets? Will it be easy to arrange when I arrive in Quito? And Nolando, I've sent you a quick message, but if you don't have time to answer I won't be offended. Thanks again for your help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok so i've made it back to Calgary finally, I had a few things to tidy up in the US before I got totally home from Ecuador. Great trip, great country, we could have spent a couple more weeks there and still not seen everything. As amacpher mentioned, because Liga Quito won their group in Libertadores they they played the home leg after we had already left. That was disappointing, I hadn't expected the chance to go to a game like that, but then was really excited. Anyways, we were planning to go to the Liga - Cuenca game that had been rescheduled for mid week, but as is apparently common for April it poured during the evening so we took the option.

It actually worked out great though because after touring around Ecuador for 10 days we returned to Quito and caught a doubleheader at Atahualpa on the last Sunday, in beautiful weather. SD Quito blew a 2-0 lead to Independiente before losing 3-2 and Nacional thumped Manta 4-1. The first (SDQ) match started at 10 which was awesome and it was very entertaining. The Quito fans were not happy, but it was a great match. The second one was never in doubt, the field was tilted the entire time. Too bad we didn't get to see Liga, but it just didn't work out. Thanks for all the advice, we had a great time.

Archived