WSA Winnipeg to play FC Edmonton - March 27

Original article: http://www.wsawinnipeg.com/scripts/runisa.dll?M2.66022:gp:498648930.671:73379+L3/Display+E+NDX+NDX+509752

WSA Winnipeg is pleased to announce its first exhibition game of the season.

The club will host FC Edmonton of the North American Soccer League (NASL). This will be Winnipeggers' first chance to see their hometown team play.

GAME DETAILS

Sunday March 27 @ 12:30 pm

WSF Indoor Soccer Complex - 211 Chancellor Matheson Road (@ the University of Manitoba)

Tickets are available at the door, Red Card, BoniVital Soccer Club, FCNW, @ $14.00 / person.

The club already has had many training sessions. Most of the players who will be playing for us this season have been identified. We'll be announcing the roster for this game shortly.

Not unexpected. Was going to say I'd be surprised if the core of the team isn't already determined, try outs being try outs to find complimentary players.

Whoah. Early start. Hope the lounge is open.

WSA Winnipeg vs. FC Edmonton rosters unveiled: http://www.wsawinnipeg.ca/scripts/runisa.dll?M2:gp::73379+L3/Display+E+NDX+NDX+511764

FC Edmonton Scouting Report: http://www.wsawinnipeg.ca/scripts/runisa.dll?M2:gp::73379+L3/Display+E+NDX+NDX+509933

While I can't say this with a 100% at this moment, we are working very, very hard to have this game streamed live.

Hopefully we'll see some of you at the game!

lee, there are some members that have passed experience with live webcast. I suggested poking around and asking them if you need additional help...dont no thier names of the top of my head but I no i've watch a few canada games from the couch of member with a cam facing the TV.

The live stream ended up not working. @WSAWinnipeg tweeted the following: "Apologies about the stream being unavailable. You can complain to the Winnipeg Soccer Federation as they are the ones responsible."

FC Edmonton won 5-0. Did anybody see the match? I'm mostly curious about the crowd.

The facility was full with a crowd of around 400. Many kids and family members of the players.

The game was fairly close at 2-0 until deep into the second half when WSA Winnipeg brought on all of its bench players. A promising start!

I was at the match with my family and some friends, and yes there were about 500 or so. I wouldn't call it a close match, but there was a difference in LEVEL and experience between the NASL and PDL teams. FC Edmonton dominated the match, especially in the first half. It was already 0-2 before the 30', but the possession exhibited by FCE was very good.

The second goal was a bending free kick that impressively beat our GK. It was probably Chris Lemaire or Kyle Yamada.

The second half showed some tenacity by the Winnipeg PDLers, with some pressure in the Edmonton half. Errors by the FCE defense and GK almost allowed WSA to sneak in a goal, but any Winnipeg corner was poorly delivered. Winnipeg's #5

in midfield showed some good possession and ball control throughout his playing time. Edmonton's 3rd goal was a converted PK around the 68', and wholesale changes were made shortly after which were followed a couple more goals.

I agree that it was a promising start considering it was WSA' s first match and against an experienced, organized team playing two divisions higher. We all had a pretty good time regardless of the score, although I spent much of the match trying to explain to a few fans as to the differences between NASL- level and PDL, as well as the National-level players on FCE.

Apparently the Whitecaps Academy will be in town next, so I hope to be there too.

Anyone know the names of any WSA Winnipeg players? Is there anybody we might possibly have heard of?

EDIT: Disregard that, I suck cocks. http://www.wsawinnipeg.com/scripts/runisa.dll?M2:gp::73379+L3/Display+E+NDX+NDX+511764

2010 FC Edmonton player Kenny Sacramento apparently played with the Peggers in this one. Also, isn't there an Irish pub in Winnipeg called Dylan O'Connor's?

Archived