Capital City FC Fan Page

Attendance count last night... perhaps 200 they had about 16 players from a u9 teams acting as ball girls...so ad the moms and dads to that list, some nice chanting developed in second half ..... beer was good in the west end KOP.

Game win for FC Ottawa .... I did not get the sense in the game that dominated in any way the 2 to 1 score included a mark from the penalty spot .... two chances .... and the wandering Brampton goalie getting caught, otherwise its a 0 to 0 match.

Clocktower pub beer in endzone was good and the staff very very pleasant but at 16 bucks to get in the door, I think they are over priced... its got to have a price point equal to or below a movie out.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crowd was a pretty good size.

The team looked more organized, and didn't dominate play but certainly had the better of it.

Silva showed his flair on the ball and Cordray was an imposing presence at center-back.

I don't think Cordray started for us in the first game?

Irwin didn't have a busy game and wasn't to blame on the goal. He was solid and made a key save late.

Another good win...

Crowd was a pretty good size.

The team looked more organized, and didn't dominate play but certainly had the better of it.

Silva showed his flair on the ball and Cordray was an imposing presence at center-back.

I don't think Cordray started for us in the first game?

Irwin didn't have a busy game and wasn't to blame on the goal. He was solid and made a key save late.

Another good win...

Bagby started alongside Edwards in the Toronto Croatia match.

Bagby started alongside Edwards in the Toronto Croatia match.

I don't think that will happen again, Bagby has been missing for two training sessions now and Ladi is back on trial again so it looks as if Mr. Harris is already looking to add players. My question is tho WHY is Ladi back he is not the same player, I honestly feel he should be playing in Men's premier or something of such because I really don't think he is a CSL ready player, no offense to him because I was a fan of his. I still don't understand why the likes of Destine, Soglo, Demar and Arenas haven't been playing?..

If we consider CSL to be Division 3 and NASL Division 2, then in theory there should be room for both clubs. It'll be interesting to see if the Ottawa Fury NASL club will form any type of relationship/partnership with CCFC. I know that CCFC is involved with Ottawa South United and that the Fury have their own "academy" set-up but it might be neat to see some sort of informal player exchange system set up, where maybe some of the Fury academy players hook up with CCFC and CCFC players get a shot at cracking the NASL lineup?

If we consider CSL to be Division 3 and NASL Division 2, then in theory there should be room for both clubs. It'll be interesting to see if the Ottawa Fury NASL club will form any type of relationship/partnership with CCFC. I know that CCFC is involved with Ottawa South United and that the Fury have their own "academy" set-up but it might be neat to see some sort of informal player exchange system set up, where maybe some of the Fury academy players hook up with CCFC and CCFC players get a shot at cracking the NASL lineup?

I dont see that happening... the Fury have a long standing youth program they will manager the NASL franchise and fold the Fury program into it ..hopefully using a new name for marketing purposes, the PDL franchise will act as a reserve team to the NASL squad. for young players.

Or they may opt into the CSL project if the CSL gets approval to run youth academys from the CSA/OSA.

The CSA has not yet figured out the structures to be implemented.

will never happen. Both sides of the coin can not be on one side of the same coin.

Yin and Yang classical Chinese science and philosophy works only in China

Could this be the end for capital city? Or could Ottawa support both?

The question of the Fury is very valid. I guess for me it is a question of allegiances and philosophy. The main owner of the NASL franchise has hooked up with the owners of the Fury. I'd assume that they would try to continue to use the Fury's PDL team as a reserve team. There are many teams doing this in the PDL from Vancouver Whitecaps and Chicago Fire of the MLS to the LA Blues of the USL Pro. Toronto FC and Montreal Impact have chosen the CSL for their Academy teams.

So if our estimations of the non-official pyramid are correct, we would be asking Ottawa to support a NASL (div 2) team, a CSL (div 3) team and a PDL (div 4) team. Granted that some of the attendances at current Ottawa match are just a little more than friends and family (save for Capital City's home opener), I might be inclined to suggest, yes; Ottawa and its 1.1 million Metro area could support 3 teams. The fact that there are 2 different ownership groups and the philosophies of the 3 leagues seem very different make the matter more complicated for me.

As a flag waving Canadian, I would like to see more teams in Canada, more Canadian players playing and more Canadian fans of soccer (#supportlocalfootball). The question of hitching your team to an American league has been raised here before, recently, 50 years ago and probably 50 years from now. Do the CSL and PDL (in Ontario) compete for players? Windsor Stars are talking about bringing in some American players to strengthen their team. St. Catharines Wolves did the same recently. I always wonder how the system would work if all the Canadian teams were rowing in the same direction.

London is attempting to do what Ottawa is planning with FC London of the PDL and London City of the CSL. Has it worked for their 457,000 Metro inhabitants? Maybe more importantly has it worked for the player development? Are more players for the area getting jobs in soccer or scholarships to NCAA schools (because apparently the CIS schools don't offer scholarships or play soccer ... totally bogus). These might be the big questions for a CSA round table or town hall meetings. Is it the CSA's job to develop players or is it laid to a few deep pocketed owners?

I've probably asked more questions than answered. I think the Fury is safe. The Toronto Lynx have proved that you can exist in a crowded market. The Fury have the advantage of the relationship with the NASL club and the bigger marketing engine behind the Ottawa 67s. The CSL needs to continue to firm up its foot print in Canadian soccer. If the Capital City FC is to survive there needs to be more teams in Montreal and Quebec in general. To improve the standard of play they have to expand geographically, even if it is at the CSL-2 level. There is still the cloud over the CSL ... some owners left, some were rejected at the door, match fixing allegations, importing players ... it all adds up to a darker cloud.

• 1 month later...

The answer is no to the first and yes to the second.

Ottawa could support both, they are not stealing each others players, most of the players are from outside Ottawa anyway.

I think they would be complementing each other.

Ottawa has Lots of football game lovers, 1 game every 2 and some times 3 weeks is not enough, bu they also have to be quality games to bring people out.

BY THE WAY, Capital City FC been doing great in the CSL league, how come no body is talking about it.

The answer is no to the first and yes to the second.

Ottawa could support both, they are not stealing each others players, most of the players are from outside Ottawa anyway.

I think they would be complementing each other.

Ottawa has Lots of football game lovers, 1 game every 2 and some times 3 weeks is not enough, bu they also have to be quality games to bring people out.

BY THE WAY, Capital City FC been doing great in the CSL league, how come no body is talking about it.

This is a good point and I can't pinpoint one particular reason for this. The most similar analogy I can make is the local Fat Cats Intercounty Baseball League team which draws almost 3,000 a game (for a league where attendances are either not reported or about 100) and CCFC which plays in a similar league set up, and draws maybe 300. So why do the Fat Cats do so well? First, it is baseball...and I can tell you that of the 3,000 or so there, maybe 500 are actually paying attention to the game while the rest see it as a day out/social occasion; this isn't the case in soccer. Second, the stadium is visible and on game days, you can see from the Queensway that there are people in there. Finally, the Fat Cats promotional budget must be way larger than CCFC's because they have prominent ads in the local rags.

Or maybe...Ottawa is a fad oriented, conservative place where people just don't turn out for things unless done on a grand-ish scale. And that's why I've never been convinced that this place is an MLS city and am only lukewarm confident that Ottawa would work with NASL soccer. I'd love to be proven wrong.

I haven't been to a CCFC game and don't plan on it because I work on weekends.

As far as the Fat Cats they have been much more involved in local business in the area; for instance I own a pub and they sent me an email offering me 100 tickets good for any of their playoff games tomorrow, Sunday or Monday if I give them $100 in gift certificates for my place. On top of the I would have been able to set up at the front door and hand out any promo stuff I want. This is something we've done in the past with them and if they're asking 150-200 local business you could easily 1000-1500 to show up from that alone.

As for CCFC I haven't been contacted by anyone or even seen an ad in the paper. The only time I hear about them is on this board.

• 3 weeks later...

Right in time for their marquee matchup vs. the Montreal Impact Academy, Capital City FC have added five new faces to their roster.

The moves come as part of the 2011 August international transfer period.

Head coach and technical director Shaun Harris says these adjustments will make Ottawa better team.

“These moves add competition and depth. The players will push each other to make each other better. Legs wear heavy three quarters of the way through the season, this adds more depth to our team,” he says.

Harris adds that these moves will benefit Capital City now and later.

“A lot of these players are still young so this is a positive move for the future,” he says.

Here is a list of the new players signed:

Ladi Bushiri - D/MF - 6'5 / 200 / Indonesia Sporting / Congo/CAN

Bushiri makes his soccer return to Ottawa after spending a season abroad at Indonesia Sporting in the in the Indonesian Premiere League.

Mahir Hadziresic - F / 6'1 / 178 / FK Mlada Boleslav / Bosnia/CAN

Hadziresic comes to Canada after spending time with FK Mlada Boleslav – a professional club in the Czech Republic. Hadziresic has played with the U-20 Canadian National team. In 2008, he was invited to train with West Ham United of the English Premier League

Nathaniel Foster - F / 5'9 / 165 / Mississippi (USL) / Canada

Nathaniel Foster is a welcome addition to Capital City after a standout senior season at the University of Montevallo. The Canadian forward led his team in scoring with an incredible 18 goals four assists in 2010. He spent the first part of 2011 on Mississippi Brilla of the United Soccer League where he registered a couple goals.

David Ortega - MF/D - 5'11 - 175 / London City / Canada

Ortega transfers to Capital City FC after being a mainstay with London City of the Canadian Soccer League.

Sam Roca - D/MF - 6'1 / 178 / Kitsap (USL) / USA

Sam Roca enters his professional soccer career after a brilliant season with Kitsap in the United Soccer League. Roca helped lead his team to the 2011 PDL North American championship, garnering an award for the National Defensive Player of the Year.

All of the new players will be active for Sunday’s match vs. the Montreal Impact Academy.

Guest mianjo

First post on here, i was at the game yesterday between Capital City and Montreal, i have seen all of Capital City's home games except for one and i have to say this was the best game i have seen Capital City play. None of the 5 new players started the game, it was all Capital City in the first half with the Montreal goalie making some fine saves, the first goal came after 2 great saves from the goalie, with the rebound finally coming out to Harrison to score. The second half saw the Montreal team come more into the game and Clint Irwin made a couple of good saves.

With about 30 mins to go in the game a huge downpour hit the field, this seem to wake up the City boys and scored their 2nd in the 66th minute and completed the score in the 82nd minute, the new boys came on for the last 15/20 mins of the game.

Probably the largest crowd of the season who were in full voice the whole game, this also included some enthusiastic fans from Montreal.

Capital City also held Ottawa Emergency Services Appreciation Day, with police,ambulance and Paramedic personel and vehicles on display, also a match between the police and fire departments took place and also a halftime penalty shootout.

I would also like to say that this was probably one of the best officiated and sportsman like games of the season.

The city boys do not have a game now for 2 weeks, when they go on another 2 games within 24hours road trip to play Serbian White Eagles and North York Astros.

Well done to coach Harris and the team.

I was pleased with the stadium, it was not as bad as I thought it would be. The field was in bad condition, but the rain probably did not help... People from the club were very helpful and we had a good experience there. Maybe we can come back during the playoffs...!

• 2 weeks later...

Google chrome alerted me of the following when I visited your site:

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!

22066.vws.magma.ca
contains content from
mondodesign.ro
, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.

Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived